Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches 24

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 am

Kaio wrote:
You need to watch 24 Redemption first.
I'm watching it now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 am

Season 7: 3pm - 5pm

Well this is different. Season 7 has 25 episodes, and the first one is a double-length prelude to the main series.

Jack is in Africa, working at a school one of his old friends set up. He's been on the run from America for a while now but they keep finding him. Nothing too serious I think, it's not like they're dropping in from helicopters to drag him back to the states. He just keeps getting paperwork shoved in his face and he keeps shoving it back.

This country is about to undergo a coup though, that's apparently being backed and paid for by some shady business types in America. No idea why they want this to happen yet. The rebel army is using child soldiers, so the school Jack is working at becomes a target. Jack's friend Carl, who owns the school, wants to get the boys to the American embassy so they can be evacuated.

Needless to say it's not an easy trip, but they get there in the end. The embassy won't let the children go through unless Jack surrenders himself though, which he does eventually.

There's also a new President in America. President Taylor. When they first mentioned the new President was going to be a woman I was praying it wouldn't be Karren Hayes, because after Wayne Palmer I wouldn't put it past them to shove any old familiar face into the role just for the sake of it. But thankfully it's a totally new woman.

I like this. It's something different, a nice change of pace. It was a bit weird since Jack was the only link to the previous seasons. No other established characters appeared, which made it almost feel like it wasn't 24. But it was definitely an interesting set up, and finally a new kind of plot for the series.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes now that Jack is back in America. I have no idea how long before the main series this episode was set yet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 am

Season 7: 8am - 9am

Everything's different. CTU has been disbanded between seasons, and Jack is now in Washington for a Senate hearing about CTU's various... unethical interrogation methods, let's say. But he's whisked away from that by tthe FBI to help with an investigation.

The coup in Africa happened a while ago by the sound of it. The rebel general has taken over the country and killed around a quarter of a million people so far. The President is readying a military response to take the rebels out.

Anyway, that FBI investigation. The episode started with some guy getting kidnapped. One of the kidnappers spoke to the guy, and I recognised his voice (couldn't see any faces because of the masks). After I a couple of seconds I realised. He sounded exactly like Tony Almaeda. "Holy shit Tony's back!" I thought. But then I remember that Tony was dead.

Except he's not. He managed to fake his own death, just like Jack did. He then went underground and started his own terrorist cell. They've been stealing various bits of tech and the guy they kidnapped was a top computer guy for the government. Long story short Tony can now bypass the federal firewall and access just about anything. Power grids, communications, transport, anything.

And Jack was brought in because of his history with Tony.

Again, there's the same odd feeling that the prologue episode had that it's not really 24. CTU always had a changing roster of employees but there was always some consistency in main characters from season to season. There was always CTU as well for that matter. That's gone and everyone apart from Jack is gone too.

Tony coming back was a surprise. Him being Evil Tony with an Evil Goatee was an even bigger surprise. Although as I said, I recognised his voice almost immediately, before he was officially revealed. The FBI think he's just pissed off about what happened to Michelle, but Jack thinks there must be a bigger reason for why Tony's doing this, and I'm inclined to agree.

I like the premise so far. It's a new kind of threat. Weapons of mass destruction have been done to death so a technological threat should at least be more interesting and hopefully more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 am

Season 7: 9am - 10am

Damn this is still moving really fast. Jack found Tony already. If season 1 had moved this fast it would have been over in 8 episodes.

Anyway, using their new tech weapon, Tony's group got into air traffic control and cause two planes to nearly crash into eachother. That was just to demonstrate what they can do, the real attacks start later. But Tony's not the one in charge it seems. There's this other guy that he's working for, and that guy is working with one of the African generals involved in the coup/genocide.

I wonder if Tony knows about that. Doesn't seem like the kind of person he'd help, but then he is the all new Evil Tony now.

Jack and this female FBI agent he's working with followed one of Tony's men to where he was, but the device he used to hack the government had already been passed on. That general wants to use to stop America's attempt to get rid of general Juma, the guy doing the genociding in Africa.

It's going to take a while to get used to the completely new cast. Having all the technobabble scenes take place in some FBI office in Washington with a bunch of randoms is really weird. It's good so far though. Jack is working under FBI supervision and his actions at CTU are under investigation, so he's having go "by the book". Which basically means he'll be showing all goody-goody FBI agents that the rules suck and his way of doing things is much better and faster.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 am

Season 7: 10am - 11am

Woah woah woah, slow down a little there episode. This needs a lot of explaining.

The FBI took Tony into custody and allowed Jack to question him because they don't have a lot of time. The President needs to order the withdrawal of troops by 1pm. Tony didn't give Jack anything but he did slip in an old CTU distress code; Deep Sky. Which I guess is a phone number or a code word you say when you call a certain number because that's what Jack did, and he ended up talking to Bill Buchanon.

What the hell?

Also Chloe was there with Bill and together with Tony they're working alone to bring down corrupt officials in the government.

What the hell?

Not sure if I followed that correctly, but Bill and co are aware that certain people within the American government are supporting Juma, and they're trying to stop them. Tony was working undercover so he could be close to the firewall device to help control it.

Having some old cast members back is nice but's certainly a bizarre situation. Bill, Chloe and Tony are apparently working entirely on their own on this. Don't really know how to feel about this development yet, I'll have to see how it develops first.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 am

Season 7: 11am - 12pm

Ah, so there's this guy, Emerson, who recruits former agents with grievances to do shady stuff. His people revived Tony because he fit the bill, and Tony was actually working for them for real for a few years. But then he found out about this plan with the CIP device, and it was too much for him or something, so he called Bill because... I dunno. There was no one else? Whatever. So Bill somehow dragged Chloe into it, despite her announcing she was pregnant at the end of season 5 and presumably has 18 month old baby somewhere. Maybe Morris is looking after it or something.

Anyway, Tony needed to get back undercover and he convinced Emerson that Jack would help them in exchange for them helping him get out of the country to escape the criminal charges he's facing. The next part of Emerson's plan is to kidnap the former Prime Minister of Sangala (the African country I keep mentioning) and deliver him to Colonel Dubaku, one of the rebel leaders who's in America.

Also Renee (that female FBI agent) is slowly turning to the ways of CTU. She went to question one of Tony's crew at the hospital, but the guy wouldn't talk and wanted his lawyers. Normally the FBI would have to go along with that, and the other agent with her said as much. But Renee knows that if you want to get things down quickly you need to hurt people, so she cut off his oxygen until he was willing to talk.

At the end of the last episode everything seemed really crazy, but now it's all back together and making sense. It should be fun seeing how Renee Walker changes and how she deals with things as the season goes. She's the best new character so far. She's after Tony and Jack but I bet Jack will tell her the truth and some point and she'll end up on his side.

Tony's explanation for being alive is implausible to say the least, but I'd almost forgotten that he died, so I'll overlook it and pretend he never did.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:38 am

Season 7: 12pm - 1pm

Jack helped Emerson get the Prime Minister, and they also captured Renee because she showed up before the SWAT teams. Emerson asked Jack to kill her, but he managed to just make it look like he killed her. Then he had to bury her. Which is pretty hard to come back from, but she'll survive. She can't die yet, she's the best new character and it would be a waste.

Other than that an uneventful episode, but a good one. There's also this whole thing going on with the President's husband trying to find out who killed his son and stuff. It's following up what happened in the Redemption prologue, but as always it's not very interesting compared to what's going on with Jack. It is connected though. His son was killed because he was about to uncover evidence of Juma's backers in the government.

I like where this is going so far. Just one central threat and a conspiracy to unravel that could easily last the whole season. I just hope they don't rush it like the last few seasons have and then bring in something new 6 episodes from the end.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 am

Season 7: 1pm - 2pm

Jack and Tony took out Emerson and did the deal themselves. They put a transmitter on the Prime Minister and handed him over so they can follow him to Dubaku.

Things are going slowly for the first time in ages, and I like it. The story feels focused. For the moment it's just about getting to Dubaku, but after that I imagine it'll be about exposing the government officials who supported Juma.

Renee is now with Jack because he told Bill and Chloe where she was and they rescued her. No idea how he told them. He was with Emerson the whole time. That's annoying. But they didn't let her call her office or anything because if they know she's alive then it will get back to the bad guys through the leak, and they'll know Jack and Tony are playing them. So she's going to have either just wait it out or actively help, and I'm betting she'll go with the latter.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 am

Season 7: 2pm - 3pm

Jack followed the Prime Minister back to Dubaku, and together with Tony, Bill and Renee they stormed in and tried to get him. The CIP device was destroyed, so no more terrorist attacks for now I guess. They got the Prime Minister back but Dubaku escaped, and one of his spies in the Secret Service managed to kidnap the President's husband.

Jack and Bill agreed that they couldn't continue the operation alone, so the Prime Minister phoned the President and I assume they're all going to come clean. Except Tony. He was actually a criminal for a few years, plus he's apparently working on some other leads, but it sounded more like an excuse than a proper reason. Either way he's not turning himself in just yet. He's waiting until they have Dubaku.

The season is going well. Nothing's really wowed me yet, but it's far from bad. It's decent. Hopefully it does have some great episodes down the line because consistent adequacy doesn't leave much of an impression. If it's just decent the whole way through it'll end up pretty boring.

I was looking forward to Renee working on the FBI side for the most part and slowly coming around to Jack's point of view, but it looks like she's fully on board already. Although I guess she still hasn't seen the extremes of what Jack's capable of. Hopefully that's played up more as things progress.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:31 am

Season 7: 3pm - 4pm

Jack, Renee and Bill convinced the President that they were good guys. Jack also convinced the President that they were the only ones who could find her husband, because if she involved the official agencies Dubaku would find out about it immediately. Dubaku gave the President until 4pm to meet his demands or he would kill her husband.

Jack and Renee found out about a Secret Service agent who was working for Dubaku and got him to tell them where Henry (President's husband) was. Jack insisted the only way to get him to talk was to threaten his family. So Jack found the agent and Renee went to his house where his wife and 11 month old baby were. It was a very good scene and exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

They found Henry in the end but he was shot in the rescue attempt.

Jack's "curse" seems to be the major theme this season. He was yelling about doing what's necessary, and other agent quite accurately pointed out that doing what's necessary has screwed up Jack's life pretty badly. Now he's dragging Renee down with him. Although, doing what's necessary does, you know, save the country at the end of the day.

Dubaku's plans have gone to shit now. CIP device is gone, he doesn't have Henry... He has nothing to threaten with the President with anymore. Not sure what he can do from this point onward. I assume he's going to start talking to his powerful government friends and try to get help from them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am

Season 7: 4pm - 5pm

Using information from the men that were holding Henry, Jack and Renee found the address of Dubaku's girlfriend. She has no idea who he really is. Now that he has no way of forcing the President's hand, he's trying to leave the country, and he was going to take her with him. But Jack and Renee got to her first and told her the truth and she agreed to let them track her so they could find Dubaku.

But the spy in the FBI found out about it so now Dubaku is going to kill her, and the spy also put out federal warrants for Jack and Renee so they got stopped and arrested.

Tony has vanished. Haven't seen him or heard from him since Jack and Bill decided to go to the President. He was supposed to be working up a lead on Dubaku, which sounded important, but nothing has come of it so far. Finding out the spy's indentity was no surprise. There's only two other agents in the FBI office who've had a decent amount of screen time and one them was very obviously shady from the start, and he turned out to be the spy.

The way things are going, either Jack is going to find Dubaku in the next episode or Dubaku is going to escape. They need to get him so they can interrogate him and find out who else is working for him within the government, so if he escapes I have no idea where the plot is going to go. But it doesn't feel at all certain that Jack will get him.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Season 7: 5pm - 6pm

Well if it wasn't for the last 5 minutes that could have been a finale. I'm glad it took 11 episodes to get this far, much better pacing than the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, Dubaku didn't kill his girlfriend. He actually loves her apparently, so he convinced her to go with him like she originally wanted to. Jack and Renee were only delayed for a few minutes so they had time to catch up with Dubaku's car.

Yay, car chase. Honestly can't remember if there's ever been a proper car chase in 24. There must have been, but I can't think of any others right now. Dubaku was about to get away but the girl grabbed the wheel and caused a crash. She died but Dubaku survived, and Jack got his database of everyone involved in the conspiracy.

So, story over. But wait... TONY'S BACK! That lead he was working on has him sure that there's going to be another terrorist attack soon, and this time Juma himself is behind it. From the look of things, the target might well be the White House.

There was a great moment where the FBI guy found out who the spy was and grabbed him and was yelling and everything, and the spy just went "I'd like the speak to my attorney". You could tell the FBI dude was so pissed off because he knew he had to let him do that. I bet he wished Jack was there at that moment. There was another good scene at the hospital between Jack and Renee. I hope she sticks around for the rest of the season even if she does sound ready to quit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Season 7: 6pm - 7pm

Tony found out about this guy who had information on the upcoming attack. He's the chief of staff of the Senator who's trying to get Jack put in prison. Unfortunately for Jack the guy was at the White House, so he had to get in there and interrogate him on site. At the White House. To call that risky would be un understatement.

He also asked Chloe to delete the guy's name from Dubaku's database, because if authorities started looking for him he'd know something was up and he'd run. But the FBI found out Chloe deleted the name and they found out about what Jack was doing, so they stopped him before he could get the guy to give up the location of the attack.

But it is the White House. It was fairly obvious it would be the White House from how the last episode ended and this episode confirmed it. Juma is in America and he's leading the attack personally.

This was a great episode. Jack's really having to stand up and properly defend what he does for the first time in the series. It's a good theme for the season. This episode got right to the bottom of it. The Senator came in and was all "You're a thug" and "You're reprehensible" but Jack just came back with "And you sir are weak. Unable to look evil in the eye and deal with it".
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 am

Season 7: 7pm - 8pm

Juma's men broke into the White House and took the President and a bunch of other people hostage. I guess they're going to force her to make some kind of public statement then execute her.

There was a lot more to the episode than that but that's the gist of it and the rest isn't really worth writing out. Not that it was bad, this season has been consistently good so far, but nothing else is really necessary to note.

If only they'd let Jack Bauer torture that man a little bit longer. I suddenly realise it's a bit bizarre to be rooting for torture, but Jack make's a good case as far as TV land goes. It was working and this attack could have been avoided if they hadn't let stupid old human rights get in the way.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 am

Season 7: 8pm - 9pm

Aww, Bill's dead. That was sad. Jack hatched a plan to save the President but it was a suicide mission for him. Bill was convinced that even with Juma dead the threat wouldn't be over though, and he thought Jack needed to be around to stop it. So Bill took Jack's place.

The plan worked, so the President was saved. Jack was promptly taken back into custody but Renee convinced the Chief of Staff to let Jack interrogate that guy again, because he's the only lead they have on the continuing threat. The big bad guy behind it all sent someone to stop that from happening though. Jack went to interrogate the man at the hospital but a hitman showed up and killed him and made it look like Jack did it. So now he's on the run again.

Renee has finally caught on what the proper course of action is. The proper course of action is let Jack do whatever the hell he wants because he's right. Her boss had a go at her for going around him to get Jack access to Bernett (the guy he interrogated), and that was when she realised the truth. "Jack's done some terrible things but he's been right every time and I can't help but feel that if we'd stayed out his way none of this would have happened."

Damn right. Jack Bauer's a God and you shall obey him. Again, I seriously don't know why anyone ever questions him or suspects him of anything. The President wasn't sure if she coul trust him earlier and all he had to say was "With all due respect, ask around". Fucking right. Anyone who's ever even heard of Jack Bauer should know that he only ever does what's best for the country.

When someone tries to stop him, why doesn't Jack just turn around and say "Hey, remember the dozen or so times terrorists destroyed America with nuclear weapons? Or the time deadly nerve gas was released across the country? Or how about when terrorists released a deadly virus that killed half the country? No? THAT'S BECAUSE I FUCKING STOPPED IT HAPPENING. I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. GET OUT OF MY WAY."

I like this season quite a lot now, but I have a feeling that if it wasn't for the Redemption episode it would feel as random and disjointed as season 6.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:09 am

Season 7: 9pm - 10pm

Alright, finally some explanations for why all these people are actually helping Juma to begin with. Some private military contractor in the US is doing lots of shady stuff, surprise surprise. They basically have their own private army that they hire out to the national armed forces and a ton of weapons contracts and all that stuff. They've been building a secret bio-weapon for some as yet unknown reason and they helped Juma to get into power so he could help them build it. Juma provided a safe zone to build and test the weapon, which accounts for the genocide I guess, and it return they helped Juma establish his regime and attack the White House.

Why they want this weapon or what they intend to do with that haven't been revealed yet.

Anyway Jack got away and went to Senator Mayor's house because he was investigating the company as well as Jack and Jack needed his information. That's when he made the connection to Juma and found out about the weapon and stuff. But that hitman showed up again and killed Mayor. He chased Jack down but Jack killed him in the end and got the location of where the weapons are being delivered. He and Tony are going to check it out.

Mayor getting shot was a real downer because he and Jack and just agreed to work together and that was a nice moment. Plus now everyone thinks Jack killed Mayor as well as Bernett.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 am

Season 7: 10pm - 11pm

Jack and Tony went to find the weapon. Their plan was to let Starkwood (the military contractor) get the weapon and then follow them, but Jack wanted to save the security guard's life because he promised he would. So they ended up in a fire fight and Starkwood got the weapon anyway. Plus Tony was captured and Jack was exposed to whatever toxin the weapon uses.

He called the FBI to let them know all this though and Larry (head FBI guy) believes him now because the crime scene at Mayor's house doesn't make a lot of sense unless Jack is telling the truth.

It seems like Starkwood is doing all this just to ensure they don't get shudown and to show that they're needed. It's like "Hey, all this bad shit happened and you're not equipped to stop it. But we are (because we set it all up but that's not important forget I said anything)".

Well, Jack's been exposed to a weaponised biological agent. Tony's been captured by Starkwood. Starkwood is planning some kind of attack and the FBI won't be able to stop it because they have to worry about the stupid law. Things are looking pretty bad.

I think Juma/Dubaku and the whole conspiracy plot could have lasted a little longer. It was quite interesting. The couple of episodes after Dubaku was caught where they had to keep the database a secret and sneak around trying to get to these traitors before they found out they were wanted were cool. I'd have liked more of that. After that pretty much everything regarding the conspiracy has been handled off screen while the show focused on the immediate threats. Starkwood wasn't on the list so no one knows about that their involvement just yet although Jack is currently exposing that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 am

Season 7: 11pm - 12am

I'm a little confused as to why Starkwood is continuining with this plan now that the government knows about it. I thought the purpose was that their involvement would remain unknown so that the government would turn to them to help deal with the threat, but now they're just doing it for the hell of it as far as I can tell.

Anyway some guy inside Starkwood agreed to help Almaeda and the FBI find the weapons but it was just a trick. He gave them the wrong location and now they're stuck there surrounded by Starkwood's mercenaries.

Jack is infected but not contagious. According the information they have on the weapon, he should be dead in a day or two. Which I find very hard to believe unless the next season follows on directly from this day andd Jack dies at the end. Or, as is more likely, Jack survives somehow.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Season 7: 12am - 1am

Jack's already spazzing out because of the toxin. But luckily there's some experimental research going on that might save him, plus there's some medicine that will stop the shaking. However they'll need stem cells from a suitable donor for the treatment. Which means Kim. Haven't seen her in a while. Jack doesn't want to get her involved though.

Meanwhile the FBI were forced off the Starkwood compound, but Tony managed to stay behind and find where the weapon really was. An airstrike was ordered but by that time Starkwood had already loaded some of the canisters into missiles ready to launch, so the aitstrike was called off.

Still have no idea what the end goal for Starkwood is. Rule the world maybe? The story is feeling a bit flimsy now, it's not really going anywhere. Hopefully the next episode will reveal all.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Season 7: 1am - 2am

The President called off the airstrike but Jack and Tony figured out why. Tony saw them loading the rocket fuel so he and Jack hatched a plan to blo up the fuel dumps and destroy the rockets, and it totally worked. The bioweapon is destroyed and Hodges (head Starkwood guy) is under arrest. He was all "This is bigger than could you ever imagine!" but they all say that. There's only 5 episodes left after this so it can't be that big.

Kim Bauer arrived at the FBI office to have a really sad scene with Jack. She'd been trying to reach him all day apparently since she found out he was at a Senate hearing, but she got there after the FBI had dragged her away. Jack once again refused the stem cell treatment because there's a risk to Kim, and any risk to her is not worth saving his life for. Jack's starting to get memory loss now as well as shaking.

Also Starkwood's real ambition was finally revealed, and it was a tad disappointing. They just wanted more power and involvement in military protocol. That was kind of weak.

Anyway, obviously this isn't the end just yet. One of the Starkwood soldiers escaped with a canister of the gas and the FBI chased him down. Larry's chopper reached him first but the soldier opened fire and killed the driver and the other random guy, so Larry was left with Tony since he was taking him back to FBI at the time. The Starkwood soldier managed to get a shot at Larry and was about to finish him off, but Tony told him to back down, and he did. Then Tony killed Larry.

WHAT THE MOTHER LOVING FUCK.

This was a fantastic episode. Season 7 is turning out to be quite a joy, and I think it's all because of Redemption. Without that episode, the plot wouldn't feel nearly as neat as it does. That episode makes the season coherent, like everything was planned from the outset. And yet it still manages to throw a wild card in there, in the shape of Tony Almeada, and still work.

It's quite strange that Jack's role is gotten smaller as the end of the season draws near. Usually he'd be the one in the compound blowing shit up and saving the day, but this time it was Tony. It's cool to know that there's something that can actually take Jack Bauer out of action though. He's genuinely dying (for now). Normally he'd just shake off something like this. I mean he was literally killed in an earlier season. Tortured to death, then revived, then tortured some more, and he kept going.

It should definitely make for an interesting final few episodes too. Now that Tony's evil again, Jack is definitely going to want to go after him, fatal illness be damned.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Season 7 had an extra year of planning because of the writers' strike and is therefore the only season that wasn't made up on the fly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 pm

It really shows.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:46 am

Season 7: 2am - 3am

Why is Tony such an evil bastard?!

After learning that Larry died Renee and Jack both went to the scene to help with the search. Jack figured out immediately that something was amiss but didn't suspect Tony. He figured it out in the end though but he started having a fit and Tony didn't help. He even took the medicine Jack had to stop his shaking away, and he helped the Starkwood guy escape with the canister.

Hodges had a breif talk an imposter lawyer who was actually some kind of representative for all the other mysterious figures involved, none of whom have been named or even hinted at. She slipped him a pill that would give him a heart attack so he could kill himself, which he did.

Also found out that Kim now has daughter named Teri that she didn't tell Jack about because it would just make dying even more painful for him. She should have told him though, it might have convinced him to get the treatment. Although he'd probably even more adamant about not getting it the risk to Kim now has even greater consequences.

Not that it matters. I know he's going to live through this anyway.

This shit is getting crazy now. Tony has been working for the other people involved with Hodges all along it seems. The imposter lawyer made it sound that way anyway. I guess he was going after Hodges because the others thought he had gone too far? But they still want the weapon since it was built for them in the first place apparently, and Hodges was never meant to use it himself. So Tony is getting it for them.

Jack's going to end up killing Tony.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Season 7: 3am - 4am

Hodges's suicide failed but the FBI kept that a secret, so now they can get him to talk because if the others find out he's alive they'll go after his family. So he revealed the original plan, which was to launch a series of attacks next year to show the government how vulnerable the country was. But Hodges evidently go ahead of himself, which is presumably why Tony was helping to bring him down.

No idea why that means he had to involved Bill and Chloe though. This jut screams last-minute-change, and it's annoying.

Tony wants to go ahead with another attack straight away, so they're going to frame some innocent Muslim.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 am

Season 7: 4am - 5am

This episode was pretty uneventful. Tony and his crew got the Muslim ready to take the fall for the attack, planting loads of evidence for the attack.

Since Hodges told Jack what the plan was meant to be, Jack knew Tony would be using a muslim terrorist group as cover for the attack. The only way to find out which one was to reinstate the old CTU servers and apparently break a ton of laws. It seems CTU had been doing that all along actually, unless the laws suddenly changed. Oh well. They found the guy Tony was using but by the time they arrived at his apartment Tony had taken him.

Then 24 did that thing I hate where a random unknown turns into a killing machine and ruins everything. Tony was using the muslim guy's brother as leverage to make him go through with the attack, so when Jack got there there was just one of Tony's men and the guy's brother. When Jack barged in and Tony's man got distracted, the other dude got up, smashed a nearby mirror and jammed a large piece of glass into Tony's guy's neck. So annoying.

Since the reveal that Tony was evil all along the season has lost it a bit. Only 2 episodes left though, so it's had a much better run over all than the last few seasons. Maybe the finale will be great, who knows. Also surprised that there's been no mention of Audrey. If she's still all mental and stuff then fair enough but if she's well I would have expected her to show up at the Senate hearing at the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches 24
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next