Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Baal
SimianWonder
Neo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

this game gave me soo many heart in throat moments its brilliant ......it pisses me off xD
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Even if I discard my bias against Bioware I can confidently say that the ending of ME3 is the biggest asspull ever seen in video games and Bioware have taken a huge steaming shit over the franchise with their resolutions and the justification for the reapers existence.

It's a shame that, even though I enjoyed some of the missions and seeing a lot of old characters again, the whole thing could be ruined in the space of half an hour by shitty writing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I've seen a lot of complaints about the ending, but that's often the case when a series ends. Everyone has their idea how it should end, and if the reality is something else it can cause people to dismiss it out of hand.

I'm keeping myself away from spoilers until i've done it myself. If it does indeed suck, then I'll be in here ranting myself.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow. Tuchanka.

Spoiler:

Gave me chills.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

as it did to me amigo as it did to me as a tear ran down my face i was never big on mordin but he was still a good member of the normandy and came in quite handy in alot of my insanity run and when you talk to him enough he really does feel guilty over the genophage and trys to fix his mistake
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 am

Ok, just finished the Priority: Citadel 2 mission. Spoilers to follow.

Spoiler:

Anyway, while I cannot yet comment on the eventual ending, I will sayt that there have been several moments already that have been worth the price of admission alone. Oh, and I recall a few people mentioning hoe stupid it was that a Thresher Maw took down a reaper on Tuchanka. To be fair, said Thresher Maw, Kalros, is way bigger than any Maw that Shepard fought in ME1 or 2, and the Reaper in question wasn't a Sovereign type Capital ship, it was a Reaper Destroyer so only about 160 metres tall. In game, the event makes perfect sense it doesn't feel silly at all.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

people are just butthurt that it didnt go the way they wanted but i thought the kalros reaper fight was fucking awesome and the spoiler you mentioned i did the exact same thing man the exact same thing oh and the last part dont worry it works itself out over time
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

xalas wrote:
people are just butthurt that it didnt go the way they wanted
No, people are annoyed that Bioware are disregarding their own lore.

Speaking of which...
SimianWonder wrote:
Oh, and I recall a few people mentioning hoe stupid it was that a Thresher Maw took down a reaper on Tuchanka. To be fair, said Thresher Maw, Kalros, is way bigger than any Maw that Shepard fought in ME1 or 2, and the Reaper in question wasn't a Sovereign type Capital ship, it was a Reaper Destroyer so only about 160 metres tall. In game, the event makes perfect sense it doesn't feel silly at all.
The point is that in ME1 the Reapers were made out to be nigh-indestructible Space Cthulhu cosmic horrors. ME2 really had nothing to do with them so that's irrelevant but ME3 significantly cheapens what was a really cool and, more importantly, established aspect of the story by having them die somewhat regularly.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Did you read the Codex entries for ME3? They actually list some of the Reapers discovered weaknesses (mostly to do with the way they regulate their own mass effect fields, and have moments of vulnerability while doing so), and EDI at one stage even states "the Reapers are not as infallible as they proclaim themselves to be," the irony of a Reaper, the most advanced thing in the galaxy, basically being killed by a freaking huge worm obviously not lost on Bioware either.

Yeah, ME1 made Sovereign look almost invincible and ME3 does strip away some of that mysticism to a degree - which is undeniably a little disappointing - but given that this cycle was more prepared than any before it, doesn't it stand to reason that the fight against the Reapers wouldn't be quite so one sided, especially once Shepard starts rallying them together?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Bioware should have just gone ahead with the 'dark energy' related deus ex machina they were building up to for two whole games instead of letting Mac Walters ruin what Drew Karpyshyn had going. I think it's sad when plot devices like that would be better than what actually happened.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Garrus is such a fucking bro.

Spoiler:

Pure fanservice, but it made me grin like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Heh.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 pm

go talk to joker and garrus now they have some witty remarks about that
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Okay, Cerberus were kinda the good guys in ME2, but here they back to batshit-crazy murderising of people for weird experiments. Oh, and fuck you Kai Leng. you didn't beat me, you bought a fucking gunship to the fight, that's not exactly engaging on even terms, is it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

After Sanctuary, Tali has a drunken rant about Miranda, recalling Jack's "Cerberus Cheerleasder" taunt. How amusing.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:57 am

and the fucking straw i laughed my ass off xD
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Okay, Cerberus were kinda the good guys in ME2, but here they back to batshit-crazy murderising of people for weird experiments. Oh, and fuck you Kai Leng. you didn't beat me, you bought a fucking gunship to the fight, that's not exactly engaging on even terms, is it?

Cerberus have always been cartoonishly evil. Martin Sheen is just that charismatic that you can look past all the evil nazi-esque experimentation, mass murder and death camps.

xalas wrote:
and the fucking straw i laughed my ass off xD

emuuuuuurgency induction port.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

in the end TIM actually gained a little respect from me

also yes emuuuuuuurgency induction port xD rofl
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 am

Hey look I made a thing:

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Xt2jZ

credit goes to the original gentleman's guide for vanguards for inspiration.

Can you tell that I just made it as I went along and eventually got trapped in a corner? I wish I could make it as neat and simple as the original one.

Last edited by Casa on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:14 am

That looks pretty sick, nice job.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 pm

My Human Vanguard sucks. I'm only lvl 13, but because I haven't been able to spec out my skills as I'd have liked, my charge isn't very strong and I've not yet unlocked any decent weaponry, meaning most things, even on bronze, can survive a charge/nova/shotgun trinity.

It's nice to know that it's just me sucking and not the class though. So many people seem to be rocking soldier and that's just booooring.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:06 pm

its easy to rock soldier when you up concussive and you get a good smg or even a stablizer and damage mod for the avenger cause you can spam concussive shot and juggle the hell out of anything and the frag gernades at max take out whole bands of things and almost kills phantoms in one shot if it hits
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

The key to the human soldier is Adrenaline Rush. Buff it high enough and you can just spend the entire match taking half the damage and dealing 150% more pain to everything else. It's cooldown is super quick if you play your cards right.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Just bought a Spectre level pack and unlocked Asari vanguard and the Revenant Assault rifle. Is Human Vanguard bette than Asari because of Nova, or is Asari a better bet?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Asari Vanguard is good, but it it plays differently. Charging becomes less a priority and is better used for quickly moving across the area or escaping. You could try playing it like a ME2 Vanguard - and you could still be successful - but the lack of Nova means your better off trying a defensive playstyle.

Really, I found that maxing Stasis (with the bubble upgrade) and then equipping her with a strong sniper rifle and just headshotting fools works best. Or use the Carnifex if you have that since the Carnifex is amazing. Charge when you get swarmed or need to clear some room.

Lift Grenade's alright but Charge, Stasis and the passive upgrades are more useful. By the way: spec for health rather than melee in Fitness, the Asari's melee is slow and weak and is a death sentence if you get caught on higher difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next