Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Baal
SimianWonder
Neo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 am

So vanguards can do solo warp explosions with pull+shockwave now which makes them even more absurd to play, also I started at level 30 with shitloads of upgrades from my import so I feel a bit overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 am

Save importing is horribly broken, I tried 4 different saves and none of my characters looked remotely similar. I've also heard that people are having problems with their choices not carrying over correctly ie: the story playing out like they killed certain figures/characters when they didn't. Hopefully there's a day 1 patch for this because I can't see anyone but the most die hard Biodrones defending it in this state.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Quality Bioware Storytelling™ Instance #1: I elevated Anderson to a council position over Udina at the end of Mass Effect 1 but apparently Anderson decided that "he wanted to be where the action was" so he let Udina take his place anyway. I feel like my choices really matter.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm

That happened in one of the novels. Blame Drew for that one.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:39 am

So I ended up swapping to Adept as it felt like the shield boost on charge had been nerfed pretty hard which wasn't holding up on Insanity. Turns out pretty much every power can combo now and, with upgrades, cooldown time can be almost non-existent so I've just been running around with a pistol+SMG that I never really use to get the most out of my powers.

Stasis is blatantly overpowered now, it works much the same as it did in LotSB except now you can damage the enemy you trap and even, with upgrades, deal extra damage to them. It's essentially become an 'I win button' when I've run into heavy enemies though you still do have to be a little bit careful on Insanity.

No more awful plot elements/negation of previous choices so far which is a good sign, from some of the dialogue I've heard I think my save might have imported correctly too so I'll see what happens.

I don't like the Galactic Readiness system at all and I'm starting to doubt whichever Bioware employee it was who said that you'd never need to touch the co-op. I don't want to, not to mention can't, play multiplayer which means I'm stuck at 50% Readiness for the entire game. This means that all the War Assets I get only count for half of their actual worth. I don't know how I'm going to get a good ending bar some sort of save editor/hack.

Oh for anyone who's not going to import a save, you probably don't want to start off on Insanity. Because of my maxed out import I started the game at level 30 (out of 50 or 60 max I think) so I had a pretty significant advantage to start off with.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Even though I wish there could be a little more than single mission cameos I have quite enjoyed seeing all the people I bro'd up with again. Jack and Kasumi have made an appearance so far and David, the guy from the Overlord DLC, pops up if you saved him too.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Okay so the ultimate plot of this game is TTGL.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Who the hell do you think Shepherd is?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Save importing is horribly broken, I tried 4 different saves and none of my characters looked remotely similar. I've also heard that people are having problems with their choices not carrying over correctly ie: the story playing out like they killed certain figures/characters when they didn't. Hopefully there's a day 1 patch for this because I can't see anyone but the most die hard Biodrones defending it in this state.

When I imported my save, my guy looked somewhat similar to his ME2 self, but fuglier. Like a super derpy version of Jean Reno. I then decided to just change his face to the default one. SCREW CONSISTENCY!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm

My lovely shiny copy of the N7 collectors edition arrived today. I've not had a chance yet to explore its goodies, but will do so over the weekend and report back. We've already got a couple if current ME3 topics, so should I contribute in one of them or shall I start a new "Simian plays" topic?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Hell yeah, N7 CE owners unite!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:56 pm

I heard people were annoyed because they used a poorly shopped stock photograph as the reveal of some important character.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:38 pm

I've kept away from everything revealed pre-launch, solely to avoide any such instance. I'm certain I enjoyed ME2 a lot more becuase I had no idea what was coming, and I'd like that to be true for part 3 as well.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Keep away from the artbook till you're done playing then. I wasn't too bothered when I got to see the design of a certain character, but you best just avoid looking through it, lest ye be spoiled.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Dammit, about ten minutes too late for that advice! I flicked through the artbook and the (admittedly pretty dull) graphic novel whilst I'm waiting for all the N7 DLC to download. It's taking a while.

Then, I need to decide which character to import first. I think I'm going to go with my uber-paragon Vanguard. He's a shining beacon of loveliness to most people, but told the illusive Man where to stick it in ME2. LI is Liara, and I'm sticking with vanguard. For now.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 pm

i have to redo mass effect 2 so i can romance tali like i fucking ment to but because of my derp in lotSB somehow it read her as my LI in 3 so redo D=
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Hot damn, getting the DLC character was exciting and crazy(I'm doing an Insanity playthrough). I can't believe how I beat that last part of the mission in one go. The most surprising bit was when I was ganged up by a few enemies while being stuck in one of those small buildings and managed to melee them all while also trying to avoid those dang grenades and the large mech's attacks coming through the window.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Vanguard is still a riot to play. Starting as lvl 30 thanks to importing, I got to the Normandy and reset my skills, taking points out of Nova (which, while powerful, discharges your shields to activate and leaves you vulnerable) and maxing Charge, picking the ME2-like path where it fully replenishes your shield and gives increased damage to Shotgun once you've hit. Thanks to ME3s weight system, I'm only carrying said shotgun, so it does mean my cooldown is only around 3 seconds. Charge > Shotgun > Shotgun / Melee > Charge > rinse and repeat.

Heck, on Eden Prime I even took out the Boss Mech on my todd, and can do the same to Reaper Brutes. By the same token, I didn't realise that Eden Prime was meant to be the DLC. Everyone's got pissy about it, but it was an intriguing mission with decent payoff. Not as essential as LotSB, but certainly better than Overlord.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Fffffff.

Spoke too soon. Just did the Grissom Academy, and damn that was tough. Vanguards struggle against enemy engineers and their turrets, so you end up hiding in a corner waiting for your teammates cooldowns to finish to knock out the turrets. must have died half a dozen times.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Nova obliterates Turrets if you level it up enough. The ideal progression for a Vanguard is Charge > Nova > Shotgun (if there's time) > Charge.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:26 pm

I didn't get on with Nova, just seemed like it was stopping me from using Charge. Maybe I've still got my ME2 Vanguard hat on?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Damn I love Wrex.

"I still don't have a window like Liara does, but maybe that's because I don't kiss as well."

Then he just chuckles heartily to himself.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:55 pm

i need to try a vangard for me3 cause i was looking at the nova skill and you can make it take only half your barrier for 40% decreased damage but you get left with half a barrier ar least still so yeah
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Fffffff.

Spoke too soon. Just did the Grissom Academy, and damn that was tough. Vanguards struggle against enemy engineers and their turrets, so you end up hiding in a corner waiting for your teammates cooldowns to finish to knock out the turrets. must have died half a dozen times.

Haha, being an Infiltrator, Sabotage made that mission a breeze. Not to mention I'm using the smexy Particle Rifle from the DLC mission.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

Pfft, next time will be different.

Had a few heart-in-mouth moments, notably when

Spoiler:

There have beena few moments like that, as if Bioware know we're expecting someone to die and they toying with our emotions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred   Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neo's Mass Effect 3 Comments, Almost Mostly Spoiler Free and Tinged With Hatred
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next