Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got Mass Effect 2...

Go down 
+6
Zero
Talking Sock
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Just got Mass Effect 2... Empty
PostSubject: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

...I'm barely an hour in, but holy crap what an opening!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm

It's been ages since I played an RPG. How does this one work? Is it the typical class stuff?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm

There are three main classes, Soldier, Engineer, Adept. Soldier is geared for out and out fighting, Engineers are your hacking/unlocking class, and Adepts are mages in all but name. There are a further three classes which are a combination of two of the three main classes. Each of them requires a different skill set, and each is different enough from the other that each playthrough is different. At least, that was the case with ME1.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Just finished the main story, 37 hours in four days...damn you Bioware, you stole my life!

Anyway, great game. It's so vast an improvement on the first in so many ways that it seems almost churlish to nitpick. I'd love to rave on and on about it, but I guess that'd be kinda pointless; afterall, I know 360 owners here are rarer than rocking horse poo. Suffice to it, it's one of the best games I've ever played and knocks Dragon Age: Origins (which was tied for my favourite game last year) into a pointy hat.

Awesome.

Now, to play it again...
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Are the sex scenes better or are they gone altogether?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Rockstar_Bob wrote:

Quote :
You only get about one second of bare ass, anyway, and it's not like it's gonna make your mass erect.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Kaede wrote:
Rockstar_Bob wrote:

Quote :
You only get about one second of bare ass, anyway, and it's not like it's gonna make your mass erect.

Hello, Indigo Prophecy.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I didn't really like the human romance interest this time around, so I got funky with Tali. There was no nudity at all, you just see her jump on you on bed, and her trademask mask (which she can die without) on the floor.

In any case, that was less cringe worthy than the stiffly animated sex in Dragon Age.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 pm

....There's sex in Dragon Age?

...Ofcourse there is, Sex sells. XD
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
....There's sex in Dragon Age?

...Ofcourse there is, Sex sells. XD
If you play as a dwarf, I heard you can get a gay scene.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm

That's like, 9 hours a day Simian. Don't you have a job and partner and stuff?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, the game arrived Thursday and the other half was at work Thursday night (that is 5 to roughly 11), Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday, and I wasn't working the weekend, so I had plenty of free time.

I'm a sucker for RPGs, I always clock up silly hours in them. Hell, i spent 100+ playing Dragon Age, and ME2 is significantly better than that.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Just got Mass Effect 2...   Just got Mass Effect 2... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:46 pm