Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype 2 (probably)

Go down 
+7
Rockstar_Sinistar
Dr. Chocolate
Skip
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm

I don't think you should get this moose it looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm just debating what system to get it on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:51 pm

So this game has something called "Radnet". It kindof sounds like the Rockstar club for RDR or anything like that. It updates the game with new challenges and stuff each week and gives you a few DLC items. Pre-orders get it for free but otherwise I'm assuming you have to pay for it, although considering it's only going to last for 7 weeks, it may strictly be pre-order thing.

"Limited quantities available". Sounds like it's only available through pre-orders. Not sure what to think. I was going to pre-order anyway though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 am

Quote :
There's kind-of-good-ish Prototype 2 news, and there's bad Prototype 2 news. The bad news is that the PC edition has been delayed until July 24. The kind-of-good-ish news is that a "limited launch quantity" of console copies will contain a single-use code that will unlock 55 pieces of downloadable content.
Quote :
55 pieces of downloadable content
And it's not even going to be free in every new copy of the game. Also delayed PC version for no reason as usual, anyone who supports this is cancer.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 am

I seriously doubt it's 55 bits of actual content. They're probably counting the weekly challenges and stuff. Unless the game itself contains no bonus missions, it's not a huge problem. It's only running for 7 weeks after launch, and you have to complete every challenge to get the final reward, so it's not the kind of thing you can give away with every copy.

It's basically just a way to make sure people keep playing the game, but it's only aimed at the people who are getting day 1 and so are probably fans who wouldn't have traded it in anyway. So I'm actually inclined to believe it's a nice gesture to the core fans (as well as a way to encourage pre-orders and make more money, of course).

As long as the game has bonus missions outside of Radnet, I'm kind of okay with it. Hopefully the extra powers show up as DLC down the line too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I honestly think this is a really cool feature i might preorder now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm

You don't have to beat the Radnet stuff within a given time. New content will be rolled out over 7 weeks but once you have it you can do it and unlock the extra stuff at your own pace.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:38 pm

So, what does everyone think about getting rid of Mercer? Was he an unfortunate anti-hero, or a sociopathic dick?

Apparently lots of people didn't empathise with him at all, hence the change to Heller for P2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I like the change. Certainly didn't sympathise with Mercer, but then I find it hard to believe we were supposed to. He was a villainous lunatic. He set the virus free in the first place, and while he then tries to stop it spreading, he's still a relentless killing machine. If Radical thought they had a sympathetic character on their hands they must be pretty shit writers. Naturally you side with Mercer, but only because you're forced to play as him.

I just like the idea of going after Mercer. You start Prototype 1 under the pretense of being a good guy who's been wronged or abused in some way, so there's at least a vague justifcation for your actions. But by the end you realise everything was your fault to begin with and you were the bad guy all along.

I'm not sure how playing as Mercer again would even work. What's his motivation now exactly? Embrace being the villain and just fuck shit up? It'll be interesting to find out what he's up to exactly, but finding out from the perspective of another character is a great idea. It makes perfect sense for Mercer to the antagonist now. I just hope the ending isn't some bullshit cop out where Mercer wanted to die, but because nothing could kill him, he infected Heller to create a being strong enough to do it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Spoiler:

Anyway, I daresay that Mercer is still trying to suss things out imself and while heller is going to initially blame everything on Mercer, I'd be amazed if he doesn't soon uncover Mercer isn't behind whatever it is that is motivating Heller. Heck, I'd even wager money on Heller and Mercer eventually reaching a truce of sorts so they can both take out the people who are really behind the whole thing. And that's where Prototype 3 comes in, natch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Heller's motivation is that his family was in New York when the virus hit and they died, while he was overseas. Since Mercer set the virus free, and then actually became the virus, and then infected Heller with the virus, he's the entire focus of Heller's motivation.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

I doubt it'll be quite as straight-forward as that when the game is released.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 pm

All the conspiracy stuff will probably come from Mercer and Blackwatch. Radical seem concerned making the character relatable and the story clear cut. I'd assume Heller's story will very direct and single minded while all the complicated stuff happens around him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:51 am

Mercer is one of the greatest video game characters this gen. He was killing random people because ultimately he was a dick. That doesn't work with any of these other sandbox games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 pm

The Radnet edition comes with an Alex Mercer skin. It seems that is the "ultimate reward" they were talking about for completing all the Radnet content.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The Radnet edition comes with an Alex Mercer skin. It seems that is the "ultimate reward" they were talking about for completing all the Radnet content.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fUjqO5EkYFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
So this fucker won't drive a chopper?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I'd imagine you can still get in all the vehicles if want. One of the things that annoyed me in the first game is that you couldn't latch onto a chopper and then destroy it, so I'm happy that's been fixed.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 am

So anyone else sorely tempted to pre-order for the Radnet goodies?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm tempted
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Already pre-ordered. Would have pre-ordered anyway to be honest. This is currently the only game I'm buying in April.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:07 am

SimianWonder wrote:
So, what does everyone think about getting rid of Mercer? Was he an unfortunate anti-hero, or a sociopathic dick?

Apparently lots of people didn't empathise with him at all, hence the change to Heller for P2.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Mercer is one of the greatest video game characters this gen. He was killing random people because ultimately he was a dick. That doesn't work with any of these other sandbox games.
I'm giving the story another look, and Mercer is a dick working under bigger dicks, he disliked what they were doing with the virus, but eventually did what the big gunners wanted in spreading the virus

The virus acting as Mercer is cool, Heller and Mercer should be enemies with Blackwatch & Gentek as a common enemy
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Hmm. In the UK Blockbuster now have exclusivity on the Limited Edition, which is Radnet plus a couple other bits of DLC, an avatar and a extra DVD, and their price is £35. I'm definitely switching my pre-order to them.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Good call, pre-ordered with Blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

Amazon dropped their price to £33 for Radnet and the Wrecking Ball DLC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype 2 (probably)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next