Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype 2 (probably)

Go down 
+7
Rockstar_Sinistar
Dr. Chocolate
Skip
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I never used the vehicles outside of missions that forced it. I always just jumped on them and destroyed them (which is the only thing I thought was missing from the first game).

When i played prototype 1 i had hulk: UD fresh in my head and it played very similarly. Mercer felt super strong and tough, he could go toe to toe with things and the game felt like a brawler somewhat. Heller on the other hand plays like a mindless button basher, even by the end of the game i wasn't sure how i was killing juggernauts, and sure one evolved was cool, but every single one had exactly the same freaking move set. Even the ones who gave you powers. It was literally the stupidest thing i've ever seen in a game. They made what should be epic battles really crap.

The finishers were literally the only additions worthwhile, and only two devestators in this game seemed dumb. Again mercer didn't even use those in the final fight which seemed stupid, that move where he shot stuff at you would've one shotted heller.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 pm

The best thing about Hulk UD was that when you jumped onto a chopper you could headbutt it into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:17 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The best thing about Hulk UD was that when you jumped onto a chopper you could headbutt it into oblivion.
I really enjoyed hammer throwing tanks in that as well and fighting mechs of varying sizes.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah. Hulk was about 20 feet tall in that game for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Alright i platted this, my comments:

- Gameplay simplified and way too easy eliminating a lot of fun, you basically can do what you want without ever worrying, whoever made heller being completely bulletproof something in the final game is stupid. Sidemissions being part of main story was a good idea, radnet is a terrible idea, as it was basically a collection of the worst missions from the first game.
- dual powers are cool, but eliminating moves available with each weapon is a terrible idea.
- no grappling options... why did they remove this
- giving people the option to see who is seeing someone then making a cutscene for grabbing people telling you people are watching so you can't do it = most pointless thing ever
- helicopters only available end game by the time you don't need them... again horrible
- making alex mercer a complete dick, does not make heller likeable, he was pretty much as big a dick as alex, possibly more cause i couldn't even understand why he did anything he did, i.e. treating people who help him like shit, or acting like he is a god
- lastly why the fuck did alex not use his armour power, it was a sensible choice
- controls are worse in this game then the first i made a lot more alerts for retarded stuff in this one i.e. randomly grabbing a car when trying to stealth kill a soldier. The jump/glide/air dash crap in this is awful you basically only get comfortable with controls end game, but i think thats mainly due to how short hellers jump is before that its way too awkward to control with new system.
Only character he was a dick toward is Sabrina Galloway, she offered helping him and said it was only for herself, don't blame him for treating her like trash, and her working for Mercer even proved she deserved being treated as shit by Heller

Agree on almost everything else -found Heller a little more likable than Mercer-, and I add:
-An improvement added here is side quests with people to hunt are replayable, but I don't see why story missions aren't
-Everything is scaled down from the first game, buildings, people, etc
-I hate how they removed the ability to call soldiers to attack one of their own, or a strike team to attack
-Nice additions are the bio-bomb and the pack leader
-Project New Templar has some entertaining dialogue traded between Heller and the creeps he pick up, telling those fuckers what he think made me laugh at their reaction shifitng from smug laughter
-Nice to know Dana wasn't ignored, but what happened to that Dr from the first game aiding Mercer?
-I still prefer Mercer's voice in the first game
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 am

Heller was supposed to be a decent guy he could've used sabrina as an ally, but he chose to to treat her like shit and add her as an enemy, which jeopardised his daughter. It was a really stupid move and extremely selfish of him to not have the foresight to see it. Despite absorbing a bunch of people he was still an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype 2 (probably)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8