Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype 2 (probably)

Go down 
+7
Rockstar_Sinistar
Dr. Chocolate
Skip
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:44 am

Sora wrote:
<_______________________________________________________________________________<
Nothing to say...

Well I found something you said over a year ago and i will hunt you down for it SORA I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:54 am

I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 am

lol'd
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:00 am

I think the VA of Mercer is very good
Japanese? 2010 dub? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 am

He was just joking. There is no Japanese dub(not one we're aware of, and if there was, it'd probably be worse).

And no, Mercer's VA is not good. But he's not unlikeable either. His actor is so overdramatic when the character is meant to get angry that you can't help but laugh all the time. His over the top acting has become part of the character's charm really.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 am

I just said he's good cause I like his voice
Didn't feel like he's acting over the top
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:58 pm

TAGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Sora wrote:
TAGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!
LOOOOOOOOOKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
It reminds me of this, so I like it for that

You criticize the whole role just on that line?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 am

No. When did I imply it was only one line? Just saying one line for shits n' giggles doesn't mean that was the only time he went beserk. His acting went over the top a lot of times.

Also, I was totally expecting Baal to come in and post a vid of that Black Spidey scene.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:28 am

I don't have a standard for "over the top voice acting", some people get -much- more pissed off at certain things than others, and their emotions are just voiced harder than what you may consider standard for anger. Same rule can apply to most emotions

I just couldn't resist posting the clip, since I first heard Alex shout that way this scene just popped in my mind, and I laughed, and laughed, and laughed
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:02 am

So james heller will be chosen as mercer's successor, but he's going to kill mercer for no reason what a sicko. I hope they axe this and we get mercer.

I preferred the fact Mercer was a bastard.

Apparently a sonar power and you can grab things with your tendrils now.
There also talking about New York being split up into zones
No more shopping for moves people will be getting moves as they take out hives or something.

Also improved AI and less getting hit from off screen enemies. I hope this just doesn't get too easy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 am

Didn't he want to kill Mercer because he blames him for the death of his family who were caught in all that mess in the first game?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 am

SOK wrote:
Didn't he want to kill Mercer because he blames him for the death of his family who were caught in all that mess in the first game?
Thats probably the reason the interview i saw wasn't clear at all.

From waht the guy said it sounded like Heller got pissed as he joined blackwatch to die, but he ended up being turned into another prototype by mercer and now he is capable he wants to put an end to him. I guess it would make more sense if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm not sure how this game will turn out to be, I love the first

Last edited by Dr. Faust on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 am

This basically repeats what happened in the first game and sets some backstory for the second.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:12 am

That is going to be unknown
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 am

Fucking awesome trailer, how did i not see this topic before?

Man i'm definitely getting this. That said why the hell isn't Mercer the main guy, I hat3e characters with a cliche back story of i'm a soldier who lost my family. If you get to play as both i'll be more interested, If mercer ends up being some preorder skin though i'm gonna be annoyed.

The whole story doesn't really seem to be any different to 1. Although i hope the bigger map will be fun.

New footage:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 pm

I remember an interview where they talked about simplifying the story for part 2 because in part 1 it was a confusing mess.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:01 am

prototype was probably fun when it started butvm it has a confusing story and the character wasn't really memorable since the game felt extremely similar to the incredable hulk.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:52 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I remember an interview where they talked about simplifying the story for part 2 because in part 1 it was a confusing mess.

It was perhaps a tad cliched, but the way it was told was very original; spoon feeding you only the bare essentials and then giving you the rest of it as a reward for hunting down certain characters and absorbing them. Streamlining that model wouldn't be a bad idea, but to call P1s story a confusing mess would be untrue.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 am

I'm pretty sure the web of intrigue is what they were talking about. It was good for laying in the peripheral story elements, like Pariah, but given that it was optional, it contained way too much stuff that was pretty vital to understanding what was going on. And even then it was delivered in random segments.

If Prototype was a book, half the pages would be out of sequence. The story might have been decent, but it was not told well at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:30 pm

It wasn't all that confusing, its just most people didn't pay attention and rushed through the story without doing web of intrigue along the way.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:18 am

Story of the first Prototype wasn't confusing, even without getting the web of intrigue (BAA interview tapes have the same use, but without annoying visuals)

This will be the last Activision game for me to get, cause it looks awesome (though with not many notable differences aside from the playable character), and Activision are getting worse year after year
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

What about the inevitable prototype 3?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Looks great. And we can jump onto choppers and destroy them now. Yes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype 2 (probably)   Prototype 2 (probably) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype 2 (probably)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next