Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype first impressions

Go down 
+6
Haseoviawesome
Neo
Baal
Kaio
Skip
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Prototype first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:33 am

OH FUCK THIS GAME IS AWESOME

just so you know what i'm talking about

Ok so firstly this is hulk ultimate destruction but better
That should be enough reason for anyone who has a ps3 and who hasn't got this to get it

Ok now picture this, you guys have all played a shitty game called GTA, now imagine GTA but you can glide, run up walls, shapeshift and have superstrength
Yeah thats what this game is he's basically a rip off of all your fave super heroes in one
The amount of shit you can do in this game is insane, they could just make this game with no missions and it would still be one of the best games ever made
Seriously the shit you can do is insane, you can feel the raw power of your character, you can do whatever the hell you want and your unstoppable (well if your good at the game)
The game throws a decent array of villains at you so you can't get to comfortable and the challenge is decent
I heard ppl complain about the web of intrigue mechanic i think its awesome

Anyway anyone who dislike this game is boring, i can imagine ppl disliking the story mainly cause its not really imaginative (i also bought spiderman web of shadows these games seem similar storyline wise)
But gameplay wise if you like fun, freedom, destruction, action get this game and i seriously can't imagine anyone who thinks the gameplay in this is bad is even aware of what fun is
if you rather read text and wait for your turn go play p3 Very Happy

If you have yet to check it out do so
I was worried about slowdown adn such but this has no signs of graphical problems while still looking beautiful and the game is a bloodbath
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:38 am

So definitely worth a rent?

It's on my rental list atm
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:39 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

That should be enough reason for anyone who has a ps3 and who hasn't got this to get it

Ok now picture this, you guys have all played a shitty game called GTA, now imagine GTA but you can glide, run up walls, shapeshift and have superstrength
Yeah thats what this game is he's basically a rip off of all your fave super heroes in one
The amount of shit you can do in this game is insane, they could just make this game with no missions and it would still be one of the best games ever made
Seriously the shit you can do is insane, you can feel the raw power of your character, you can do whatever the hell you want and your unstoppable (well if your good at the game)
The game throws a decent array of villains at you so you can't get to comfortable and the challenge is decent

Anyway anyone who dislike this game is boring, i can imagine ppl disliking the story mainly cause its not really imaginative (i also bought spiderman web of shadows these games seem similar storyline wise)
But gameplay wise if you like fun, freedom, destruction, action get this game and i seriously can't imagine anyone who thinks the gameplay in this is bad is even aware of what fun is

I was worried about slowdown adn such but this has no signs of graphical problems while still looking beautiful and the game is a bloodbath

BUT YOU CAN FIRE LIGHNING IN INFAMOUS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:40 am

Wow, you hyped that shit good man.

If I were at a store right now and you were giving your impressions there, I'd fucking buy this game and I don't even own a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:41 am

Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

MERCER SLITS HIS WRISTS AND GLIDES WITH EMO POWER
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:47 am

Your bro wrote:
Wow, you hyped that shit good man.

If I were at a store right now and you were giving your impressions there, I'd fucking buy this game and I don't even own a PS3.
i'm sure ppl will think i'm tarded for saying this
but gameplay wise i'm pretty sure this is the pinnaacle of this gens gaming (unless theres a sequel)
unless you have issues with superheroes or hate violence don't get this

if you like both these things just buy it
I'll even go as far to say this game is so good it justifies the purchase of a next gen console (xbox 360 or Ps3)
because the fact is everyone should play this game

even if someone who's opinion i respected told me this was boring or not fun i'd think the fault was with this person
when i put this game in my ps3 for a second i'm pretty sure it fucking GLOWED
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:47 am

Skip wrote:
So definitely worth a rent?

It's on my rental list atm

gimme a list of games you like and what your planning on buying i'll tell you if this is for you
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:59 am

Prototype first impressions 12458710
Prototype first impressions 12458711
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:02 am

Well my favorite games on PS3 are Assassin's Creed 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, inFamous, Tekken 6 and Borderlands.

I plan on renting MGS4 (surprisingly I haven't ever played it) Prototype (since I played inFamous)

Yeah, not much at the moment, I started replaying Mervel vs Capcom 2 on my PS2, but yeah, Super power games are the shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 am

Skip wrote:
Well my favorite games on PS3 are Assassin's Creed 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, inFamous, Tekken 6 and Borderlands.

I plan on renting MGS4 (surprisingly I haven't ever played it) Prototype (since I played inFamous)

Yeah, not much at the moment, I started replaying Mervel vs Capcom 2 on my PS2, but yeah, Super power games are the shit.
just buy it, you clearly like action games
its way better then infamous
i mean that video i posted should pretty much give you a clue as to why its so great and i've never played a game and felt so much freedom, i've yet to hijack a chopper but i'm guessing when you can do that shit its really fun

download the demo of mgs4
check it out be aware the game changed a lot so i dunno if its what your hoping for i gotta admit i was a bit disappointed due to the lack of sneaking i mean it is possible, but its just a stupid amount of effort and direct combat seems to be the most appropriate solution in this one compared to the others
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:12 am

Oh I had no idea there was a demo, gonna have to check it out later. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:14 am

funny thing is i just popped over to the prototype board on gamefaqs and everyone hates it

they seem to complain about difficulty and stuff

but thing is a game like this regardless of anything that pops up in the game
its just too damn fun the mix of powers is ridiculous
it almost looks like a board of trolls or infamous fanboys
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:19 am

Prototype has a good story to it too.

However, it makes you work for the good story because you have to eat people that show up randomly to increase the Web of Intrigue which tells the other half of the story.

And that's a lot of eating.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 am

Baal wrote:
Prototype has a good story to it too.

However, it makes you work for the good story because you have to eat people that show up randomly to increase the Web of Intrigue which tells the other half of the story.

And that's a lot of eating.

yeah i really enjoy this mechanic personally
thats why i'm kind of suprised ppl hate on it
yet seemed to be more then happy to find about 1000 tokens in spiderman 2 which didn't have much of a reward
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am

I'm starting a new file on the game for the hard mode trophy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:26 am

i'm planning on doind a normal
normal new game + and then probably play through on hard however many times
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:59 am

I thought the same, for the first month or so.
Not going to start another 'war', but imo Prototype really isn't as good as you make it out.

As far as action games go, Uncharted and MGS > this.
Prototype and inFamous are so different, they shouldn't be compared. They just happen to be in the same-ish genre, and were released at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:02 am

Although they should be since they are very similar.

Except for the fact that Prototype has a lot of things going for it that InFamous doesn't.

THe main thing is that it doesn't have that bullshit Karma system.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:17 am

well firstly if you like infamous better thats not really the issue here the main thing is if you think this game is fun or not

movement in infamous is reallly slow
you can only access certain moves depending on your karma
two things that just seem tarded in general

i get the impression infamous gets a lot more praise as its a ps3 exclusive at times

and really theres not that many games that are fun a month down the line
the difference being that with a gam e like prototype in two months time i'd happily start a new save file and enjoy the experience anew

theres very few games in this day and age i can say that about

also ppl complain about the graphics in prototype i'm running this on a LED tv it looks awesome
i was willing to sacrifice frame rate for this kind of gameplay and yet there is none, so i'm happy

i'm also baffled as to how ppl complain this game is incomplete
i also here complaints at how this game has poor combat
i get the impression ppl used long range moves and never learnt to dodge roll which the game itself says is an important move to master
just makes me laugh when gamers use cheap tactics to beat the AI and then complain the game is no fun
especially when you have perfectly good defensive maneouvres and close range moves that are about 10x more fun to use
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 am

Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Tossing tanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lightning
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:22 am

Quote :

Oh no, the worst thing is how the trailers deceive you into believing the game will give you more room for chaos and free-form gameplay but really it's just a shooter.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:25 am

Oh and I love how everyone is actually taking Kai seriously.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:28 am

Baal wrote:
Oh and I love how everyone is actually taking Kai seriously.
i thought my response was about as sacrcastic as his

though i think haseo took it seriously

Baal wrote:
Quote :

Oh no, the worst thing is how the trailers deceive you into believing the game will give you more room for chaos and free-form gameplay but really it's just a shooter.
oh yeah i forgot about that

guess its 3 things then
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 am

inFamous was still a lot of fun though, running around zapping shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:40 am

Skip wrote:
inFamous was still a lot of fun though, running around zapping shit.
oh it is fun

just when theres a game like this around you feel really weak
and that guy seems really slow and immobile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype first impressions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next