Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Recently Watched - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 10:39 am

I watched Now You See Me 1 and 2, and I'm genuinely not sure if I recommend them. Like, I was entertained, and I enjoyed them, but they have serious flaws and are not very good movies.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Miss Perigrine's House for Peculiar Children
Interesting movie, it entertained me.
Here's a link.
Skip wrote:
I watched Now You See Me 1 and 2, and I'm genuinely not sure if I recommend them. Like, I was entertained, and I enjoyed them, but they have serious flaws and are not very good movies.
The first one is like Man of Steel, the second is like the live action Street Fighter, stupid movies I enjoy but wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 am

Resident Evil: The Final Bullshit
At least with Alice. Brace yourselves, for there are plans for yet another series launch, there is a reboot in the plans.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 7:42 am

Wonder Woman

eh, it's better than Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad as in at least it didn't haveso many stupid things going on... but I found myslef yawning alot. There's a lot of points in the movie where it just seems to slow down for story's sake probably but it ends up being just boring.

When it does pick up on more action it's great though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 11:26 am

I thought Wonder Woman was great. It was much more cohesive than the messes that were BvS or Suicide Squad, and I thought Gal Gadot made an excellent Diana. A lot of people - myself included - scoffed when she was cast, but she absolutely nailed the character here.

The action scenes were terrific as well, from crossing No-mans-land, to fighting in the town, right through to Diana going Super-Saiyan in the end encounter, it was all well shot, well choreographed and looked way better than the black and grey rain-soaked BvS fights.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 pm

The ending of Wonder Woman was too Zazk Snyder-ish, and there's a couple weird things I had problems with (like the super-strength gas that served no purpose other than misdirection). But overall I really enjoyed it. It's what Man of Steel should have been.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 pm

It was an origin story about someone who wanted to help people, but when she was told not to, she went and did it anyway. She continued to do it because she believed it was her duty to do so, unlike Snyder's Superman. Even when she had completed her objective, she was quite prepared to stay and fight for mankind because she believed in what we could be.

Yes, it's pretty much the development Superman should have received, and in the otherwise grim and dank DCEU it felt like a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:53 am

It is kind of spoiled by BvS though, because her appearance in that is supposed to be her big return to the world. But her own movie ends as if she would have been a public figure and well known hero all along.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Skip wrote:
Exactly what i thought they are enjoyable, I'd much preferred if the tricks were grounded to actually be tricks rather than switch between gandalf style tricks at some points, which genuinely irked me.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 4:18 am

Yeah, having all the magic done practically would have been fantastic - but I get there are logistical problems with that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Skip wrote:
Yeah, having all the magic done practically would have been fantastic - but I get there are logistical problems with that.
Penn and Teller should have made the film or Paul Daniels.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 10:17 pm

I wanted to watch Rogue One and The Force Awakens, instead of just watching them I decided to sit through all theatrically released Star Wars film chronologically, and I'm halfway through with the 8 movies.

The Phantom Menace: Trade federation treaty? Darth Sidius? Ray Park's red and black faced character who appears in 4 scenes and nothing more? Anakin's future? What is this phantom menace? I did not pick it up watching the movie this time.
Jar Jar Binks is less annoying than I remember.. he's maybe annoying in two or three scenes.
An average forgettable movie, with forgettable characters.

Attack of the Clones: If characters were more than forgettable, I might have given this movie the rating of a bad movie I liked, to rank a movie there it needs to have entertaining characters.
One clone of Jango Fett is more free spirited than the rest, not an obedient puppet like the rest of the army, but which one? You couldn't figure which one no matter how hard you try.

Revenge of the Sith: I enjoyed this a little more than its preceding prequels, characters are kinda memorable in this one, especially Pademe who is enrfed down in character strength.
Action scenes in this trilogy is a cool spectacle.

Rogue One: K-2SO is the voice of the audience, and he's almost more entertaining than Groot. I actually enjoyed this one after long dreading forgettable characters in a dull story.
I'm sorry Sock.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 1:27 am

I believe the phantom menace is the Sith.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 am

Are you sure you watched Rogue One? Forgettable character in a dull story is a perfect synopsis.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:45 am

Spider-Man: Homecoming

really enjoyed this. it's great to see a Spider-man movie where all the characters are finally being done justice.

Great story, great humor, and a twist I genuinely did not see coming.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Yeah, Homecoming was great.  Tom Holland was great as both Peter and an inexperienced Spidey,  the supporting cast were largely excellent, Michael Keaton's Vulture was a well written, sympathetic and still extremely intimidating villain and it absolutely nailed the humour.  I'm not sure what got more laughs, that scene with Aunt May, or the post credit scene.

Oh, and Rogue One was an odd beast. The first time I watched it, I thought the first hour was dull, but really enjoyed the final mission in its entirety. On a rewatch though, I was actually bored throughout.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Recently rewatched The Truman Show, and it was way more chilling and subtly scary than I remember. I know the plot well because I've seen it a few times, but I remembered as just another silly Jim Carrey film, and it's not. Although I think just the fact that he's in it means it can be easily mistaken for that kind of film.

He's good in it, but when if it had been someone else, the scenes when Truman is losing his mind in the middle of the film would have been more effective. Jim Carrey is doing the same crazy acting he does in his comedy films, but in this it really should be more serious.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 pm

A couple of sci fi offerings...

Arrival

A rather sombre affair, and whilst the wife and I did manage to guess the twist just prior to the reveal, it was an intriguing and thought provoking story nonetheless.

Passengers

For the most part, this is a very pretty sci-fi film with some excellent use of 3D to convey the vast loneliness of space and two very charismatic leads in Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence, even if the story feels contrived and you cannot help but feel initial empathy for the pair. Sadly, it does forget one thing; you cannot have you protagonist commit so selfish an act and then expect us to actually root for him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Star Wars original trilogy
Obi Wan letting himself get killed by Darth Vader, that stupid "Search your feelings" line, are two of the things I did not get to like at all.

Episode VII: The Force Awakens
I like it more than A New Hope.

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Raimi trilogy is more fun than this movie, the whole trilogy. One thing this movie did better than that trilogy is to create the best villain in a Spidey film.

I like the Spider-Man reboot that is received like the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
Skip wrote:
I believe the phantom menace is the Sith.
This works.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Are you sure you watched Rogue One? Forgettable character in a dull story is a perfect synopsis.
I liked the story.

SimianWonder wrote:
Passengers

For the most part, this is a very pretty sci-fi film with some excellent use of 3D to convey the vast loneliness of space and two very charismatic leads in Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence, even if the story feels contrived and you cannot help but feel initial empathy for the pair.  Sadly, it does forget one thing; you cannot have you protagonist commit so selfish an act and then expect us to actually root for him.
I thought that selfish act was believable, same with actions that followed. The third act of the movie threw me off-guard, it's pretty blah and needless, I wish they went more with attempts at bitter reconciliation and other relationship plots.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Moana

Yes, it may essentially be a series of existing Disney tropes played out to familiar themes, but when they're executed this well that simply doesn't matter. It's visually stunning, terrifically acted and I even liked the songs. I'll be humming "You're Welcome" for days, and by the end I was grinning like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 9:02 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Moana

Yes, it may essentially be a series of existing Disney tropes played out to familiar themes, but when they're executed this well that simply doesn't matter.  It's visually stunning, terrifically acted and I even liked the songs.  I'll be humming "You're Welcome" for days, and by the end I was grinning like an idiot.

I really liked this film too and the shiny song... It was like listening to david bowie in a disney movie
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 am

Power Rangers (2017)
This movie is silly, the problems in it go beyond corny dialogue.

Kong: Skull Island
Imagine Loki with a samurai sword, and he's right in telling Nick Fury to stop what he's doing. And then there is the feel of great movies like Predator, and Aliens.
What's not to like?

Dunkirk
First time entering theater showroom in 61 months, only reason to do so was cause I had to wait for my brother to finish his classes and I was bored. Christopher Nolan never disappointed me by making a movie that bored me, I was entertained by every movie I saw of his, and this is certainly no exception.

Ghost in the Shell (2017)
It's not entertaining.

Colossal
I'm not a fan of this one, it bored me more than Ghost in the Shell did.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 1:34 pm

The Brand New Testament
French/Belgian dark absurdist comedy that re-imagines God as a misanthropic old Belgian bloke, and tells the story of his mistreated daughter, who sabotages his computer (from which he controlled the world and its laws) revealing to everyone their times of death and throwing the world into chaos. She moseys on down to earth to recruit a few apostles of her own, following in the footsteps of her bro J.C., and writes her own testament. This was sick as hell, and really interesting story-wise; I enjoyed it very much. Though there are moments when it strays so firmly into absurdism as to be quite jarring.

The Wizards of Aus
This is a miniseries made by a really small team - kinda indie - and not a film, but the overall runtime is like 80-90 minutes so I figure it's not worth making a topic about it.

It's about a wizard who migrates to Melbourne and tries to fit in but everyone is racist to him because he's a wizard.

I liked it a lot. Thought the writing was fantastic, and to their credit, they used a tonne of practical effects, and they look pretty good. You can find it on youtube, check it out. Australian as fuck though.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Skip wrote:
The Brand New Testament
French/Belgian dark absurdist comedy that re-imagines God as a misanthropic old Belgian bloke, and tells the story of his mistreated daughter, who sabotages his computer (from which he controlled the world and its laws) revealing to everyone their times of death and throwing the world into chaos. She moseys on down to earth to recruit a few apostles of her own, following in the footsteps of her bro J.C., and writes her own testament. This was sick as hell, and really interesting story-wise; I enjoyed it very much. Though there are moments when it strays so firmly into absurdism as to be quite jarring.

I still like the Flemish name better, translates as "God exists and he lives in Brussels" Very Happy

Great film indeed.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Skip wrote:
The Brand New Testament

I still like the Flemish name better, translates as "God exists and he lives in Brussels" Very Happy

Great film indeed.

Haha, that's great - a much better title for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next