Share | 

Recently Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Finally found a film worse than fight valley and goes by the name of.....

SLEIGHT

An absolute bag of shit film about a young lad, street magic, drug dealing & "super powers."
Sounds good doesn't it? i thought so but in reality it's horrible, don't waste your time.

Guardians of the galaxy vol 2

I really cant think of a better marvel film that's been released. An absolute gem of a film, definately give this one a watch
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Colossal

Apparently this came out last year, but it completely passed me by. Never saw it advertised or even mentioned online. But it's good enough that I plan to buy it now.

It's a giant monter movie starring Anne Hathaway. Can't really say much without spoiling it, but she plays an alcoholic trying to sort her life out. At the same time a giant monster attacks Seoul in Korea. And those two things come together in a surprising way. It's the most emotional giant monster movie I can think of, because the mass destruction plays on a very personal level. You don't see a lot of it, but you feel it happening. It's just a cool idea overall.

I thoroughly recommend it.

SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Swiss Army Man

Really odd film.  Paul Dano is stranded on an island, about to end it all when he notices someone wash up on the beach.  That someone happens to already be Daniel Radclifee, already dead, but Dano's character notices the corpse seems to be breaking wind.  A lot.  So he rides him across the sea like a flatulence-powered human jet ski.

Yes, really.

Anyway, what follows is Dano's gradual descent into insanity as he imagines the gradually decomposing corpse talking back to him and becoming his friend, using his corpse as a multi-function tool (hence the film's title).  It gets weirder through to the end, where it suddenly just feels really, really creepy.  Well acted film, and Radcliffe is about as far from Harry Potter as you can ever get, but as the credits rolled I'm still not sure what the film was trying to be.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

sounds like something I would really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Faust
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Prometheus

I think singing a chorus is a due:

FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK IT WITH SHIT

The incompetence this movie starts with spreads its tentacles to the rest of the movie, and it is aggravating shit.
The only film I saw with a Xenomorph that I outright hate.

Alien: Covenant

Forgettable, not bad, better than Alien: Resurrection.

Life

It had potential to be a good new successor to the original Alien movie, it has the right components, but somewhere in the execution it fell short, I'm not sure where, but it left me bored.
SimianWonder wrote:
Swiss Army Man

Really odd film.  Paul Dano is stranded on an island, about to end it all when he notices someone wash up on the beach.  That someone happens to already be Daniel Radclifee, already dead, but Dano's character notices the corpse seems to be breaking wind.  A lot.  So he rides him across the sea like a flatulence-powered human jet ski.

Yes, really.
I know, I saw up to that part.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 pm

John Wick Chapter Two

No, it wasn't quite as strong as the first, largely because the titular character's motivations weren't quite as relatable here, but it was still a superior action flick, and the final twenty minutes was a non-stop assault on the senses, in a very good way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28