Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Recently Watched - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Finally found a film worse than fight valley and goes by the name of.....

SLEIGHT

An absolute bag of shit film about a young lad, street magic, drug dealing & "super powers."
Sounds good doesn't it? i thought so but in reality it's horrible, don't waste your time.

Guardians of the galaxy vol 2

I really cant think of a better marvel film that's been released. An absolute gem of a film, definately give this one a watch
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Colossal

Apparently this came out last year, but it completely passed me by. Never saw it advertised or even mentioned online. But it's good enough that I plan to buy it now.

It's a giant monter movie starring Anne Hathaway. Can't really say much without spoiling it, but she plays an alcoholic trying to sort her life out. At the same time a giant monster attacks Seoul in Korea. And those two things come together in a surprising way. It's the most emotional giant monster movie I can think of, because the mass destruction plays on a very personal level. You don't see a lot of it, but you feel it happening. It's just a cool idea overall.

I thoroughly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Swiss Army Man

Really odd film.  Paul Dano is stranded on an island, about to end it all when he notices someone wash up on the beach.  That someone happens to already be Daniel Radclifee, already dead, but Dano's character notices the corpse seems to be breaking wind.  A lot.  So he rides him across the sea like a flatulence-powered human jet ski.

Yes, really.

Anyway, what follows is Dano's gradual descent into insanity as he imagines the gradually decomposing corpse talking back to him and becoming his friend, using his corpse as a multi-function tool (hence the film's title).  It gets weirder through to the end, where it suddenly just feels really, really creepy.  Well acted film, and Radcliffe is about as far from Harry Potter as you can ever get, but as the credits rolled I'm still not sure what the film was trying to be.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

sounds like something I would really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Prometheus

I think singing a chorus is a due:

FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK THIS MOVIE
FUCK IT WITH SHIT

The incompetence this movie starts with spreads its tentacles to the rest of the movie, and it is aggravating shit.
The only film I saw with a Xenomorph that I outright hate.

Alien: Covenant

Forgettable, not bad, better than Alien: Resurrection.

Life

It had potential to be a good new successor to the original Alien movie, it has the right components, but somewhere in the execution it fell short, I'm not sure where, but it left me bored.
SimianWonder wrote:
Swiss Army Man

Really odd film.  Paul Dano is stranded on an island, about to end it all when he notices someone wash up on the beach.  That someone happens to already be Daniel Radclifee, already dead, but Dano's character notices the corpse seems to be breaking wind.  A lot.  So he rides him across the sea like a flatulence-powered human jet ski.

Yes, really.
I know, I saw up to that part.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 pm

John Wick Chapter Two

No, it wasn't quite as strong as the first, largely because the titular character's motivations weren't quite as relatable here, but it was still a superior action flick, and the final twenty minutes was a non-stop assault on the senses, in a very good way.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 pm

Kingsman The Golden Circle

What a ridiculously entertaining film.  It follows up a short time after the end of the first film, and it doesn't take long for shit to really hit the fan.  What follows is hilarious, heartbreaking and sometimes spectacularly imaginative. The only criticism I'd have is that the action scenes seem to have a very odd motion blur effect added to them; it serves to hide the cut from actor to stunt-performer well, but it also makes it difficult to follow exactly what is happening at times.

It's a minor gripe about what is a clear stylistic choice, and doesn't stop me recommending the film.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Spiderman Homecoming, I loved this film so much it did so much right, and strangely was one of the only superhero films that surprised me throughout.

SimianWonder wrote:
Kingsman The Golden Circle

What a ridiculously entertaining film. It follows up a short time after the end of the first film, and it doesn't take long for shit to really hit the fan. What follows is hilarious, heartbreaking and sometimes spectacularly imaginative. The only criticism I'd have is that the action scenes seem to have a very odd motion blur effect added to them; it serves to hide the cut from actor to stunt-performer well, but it also makes it difficult to follow exactly what is happening at times.

It's a minor gripe about what is a clear stylistic choice, and doesn't stop me recommending the film.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Given how far fetched much of the film is the explanation for his return is actually pretty plausible in-universe.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 12:13 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Given how far fetched much of the film is the explanation for his return is actually pretty plausible in-universe.
I'm pretty sure wearing glasses is the same as wearing kevlar.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 4:29 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
saw Split, didn't go in with the highest expectations, but I really enjoyed it. McAvoy is great in it, especially that part of him that plays the little kid, I thought that was great and funny.

As in all of Shyaramalamadingdong's movies, there's the obligatory supernatural thing, but I didn't mind.

Really loved that neat little touch at the very end of the movie as well.
I enjoyed Split, but some parts of it were really awkward. Like how when the Beast appears, he has to go really far away from where his victims are locked up, and then run all the way back there, for no reason except tension.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Thor Ragnarok

Utterly bonkers, but utterly brilliant. I'd need a second viewing to confirm, but I think this may well be the best film to come out of Marvel studios, full stop. It's still not perfect,
Spoiler:
but it's such a ridiculously entertaining film that even Infinity War is going to have a tough time displacing this at the new top dog in the MCU.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 5:21 pm

it was good, but Guardians 2 is still better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 1:00 am

OK I think Ill need to see Thor I completely forgot about that.

On another note did anyone watch Legion the series. I thought it was amazing. Best super hero show on tv byb a longshot, although I question if it really qualifies as a super hero show considering powers seem to be the least of the shows concern.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 am

Thor 3 dropped the ball a bit for me. It was a hair away from being a full on comedy and the jokes really hampered some of the cool moments. Things that really should have been a big deal didn't feel like a big deal because the tone of the film was so irreverent. It's a funny film, but it could have been better if it was just a little more serious.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 3:56 pm

People keep telling me Snowman is one of the worst films ever.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Life

Astronauts discover a hitherto unknown single cell Martian lifeform that grows far more quickly than expected. This is what happens when you try to make a PG-13 horror movie. When it opts for tense, claustrophopic moments it works well but the Alien itself is simply not scary at all, which isn't helped because its called Calvin. The ending seems to be trying its hardest to be anti-Hollywood but just falls flat. Good cast, yes, but not really worth more than a cursory glance.

Murder on the Orient Express

The new one, starring Kenneth Branagh as Poirot. If you've encountered the story before in any one of its numerous previous forms this won't necessarily surprise you in any way, but it's got a great cast, is very well acted and looks gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm

I watched that Assassin's Creed film. It's definitely an Assassin's Creed film. Aside from the weird Animus it's possibly the most slavishly accurate videogame adaptation I've seen. Problem is the Assassin's Creed story was written for a game, not a film. The Templars trying to find the Apple using regression through genetic memory is a great set up for a bunch of missions in a game, but in a film it's just a set up for a bunch of action scenes that have little meaning because they really rush through the explanation of what the Apple is, who the different factions are, and why they want it.

I get the feeling that without any prior knowledge of the games it would be a very confusing film.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 11:15 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Thor Ragnarok

Utterly bonkers, but utterly brilliant.  I'd need a second viewing to confirm, but I think this may well be the best film to come out of Marvel studios, full stop.  It's still not perfect,
Spoiler:
but it's such a ridiculously entertaining film that even Infinity War is going to have a tough time displacing this at the new top dog in the MCU.

I agree - really solid.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
On another note did anyone watch Legion the series. I thought it was amazing. Best super hero show on tv byb a longshot, although I question if it really qualifies as a super hero show considering powers seem to be the least of the shows concern.

It was intriguing, but I thought it was spinning its wheels a little in the middle few episodes. Stuff was happening but nothing was really progressing, though they did a wonderful job visualising all the powers in unique ways. You could understand how terrifying it would have felt to be trapped in David's situation, the malice was tangible.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Justice League

it's a step down from Wonder Woman, but it's a step up from the crap before it. It was enjoyable, not great or fantastic, not Marvel level of good, but I liked it.

Also, the second after credits scene actually got me really hyped up for what's next, and that might be a first.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 1:42 am

I sat through the X-Men movies lately, and included Deadpool in this list. I think that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is discarded from the series continuity, it's been buried and ignored when it comes to referencing it in sequels and other follow ups.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Justice League

It was... alright. There were some great action scenes, for the most part it was reasonably well acted (Gal Gadot continues to defy all the naysayers, myself included, by being excellent as Wonder Woman) but the villain was just awful. And I don't mean in a tyrannical despot kind of way, I mean as in utterly one dimensional (he's nine feet tall, can take a hit with barely a flinch and also hits really hard) with some really unconvincing CGI.

There were also some power scaling issues with the characters compared to what we've seen from a couple of them in others films, but as with most things Super-Hero related I appreciate they're only as strong, fast or smart as the writer wants them to be.

That said, it wasn't awful and there were some fun moments. It wasn't a patch on Spider-Man Homecoming or Thor Ragnarok though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Saw all the Punisher movies again, and the director's cut of Daredevil.

1989: It's a mediocre movie, one I have a great deal of joy for though, and it has some quotes I'm fond of for a CBM. Action is awfully cheap.

2004: I still think it's an underrated movie, and up to 2008 it was one of the better comic book movies. I love it.

Daredevil: I'm glad I never looked back into the theatrical version, I hated it. This one is more fun, I really like the costume, and Bullseye is a fun villain.

Warzone: Although it's my least favorite movie in this bunch, I still enjoy it. The two villainous brothers having as much energy as they do after what they both been through is a key reminder that this movie does not try to take itself seriously at all.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Alrighty, finally checked out The Last Jedi.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next