Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)

Go down 
+14
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Maskull
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Old School
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Baal
Zero
Kimarous
Skip
Neo
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 am

Tried out the new PS3 demo. Gameplay is all well and dandy, but I unfortunately don't find myself enjoying it. The big problem is the visuals; this is the kind of game that really requires some kind of HDTV to make everything look nice and crisp, but seeing as how I only have SD at my disposal, the graphics look a bit jagged and the text is virtually unreadable. Alas, it looks like I'll be skipping this one.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 am

The demo was quite generous in length. Gave us two missions both about as long as I was expecting the full demo to be. I suppose that's the reward for sitting through about 10 minutes of cut scenes at the start.

I quite enjoyed the gameplay, I gave each weapon a chance. I found the sniper rifle and assault rifle to be the best weapons. The shotgun was sort of lacking, in my opinion. The pistol did the trick, decent fire rate and damage, and the grenade launcher was useful at times.

I liked the alien doctor guy, he was weird, but it didn't really feel too forced.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 am

Hopefully there's a price crash post christmas i wouldn't be suprised. Then you can enjoy HD goodness its great.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:02 am

It doesn't come out till after christmas anyway.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Skip wrote:
The shotgun was sort of lacking, in my opinion.
I really don't know how you thought this, I just played through the demo on veteran and I was killing everything except the krogan in a single shot.

The demo was good and, as Raz said, had quite a bit of content for a demo but I honestly hated playing with a controller. Maybe I've been spoilt by M&K with fully customisable control schemes but it annoyed me that the highest sensitivity was incredibly slow in comparison and that my teammates abilities were restricted to being assigned to the left and right dpad buttons.

That said, it was nice playing the game on a big screen with proper speakers and some elements of the game that were obviously designed with consoles in mind felt more natural. I expect that anyone who first plays this game on a console won't have any of the problems I did so this is looking to be a great release.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Well you must have been practically kissing all the enemies, as it took two shots for me from really quite close.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 am

Nah, not really. I was close but nothing ridiculous. Just don't go into it thinking you'll get single-shot kills from the range you would in CoD or Resistance, there isn't a single weapon in the game (that can be used more than once every couple of missions) that can pull off that sort of damage, except maybe the widow sniper rifle or claymore shotgun with all appropriate upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:45 am

Man, I love this demo. Though, If the actual game's CAC is like the demo, Then I have some adjusting to do. Dragon Age's CAC seems a tad superior to me. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:10 am

The CaC is exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:16 am

Only it's not really the same. Dragon Age had more hair options and what-not.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 am

I meant the CaC in the full game is exactly the same as the demo.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:12 am

CaC?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 am

Create-a-Character.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 am

Ahhh ok. I didn't bother with it, to be honest. Just jumped straight into the demo. Of course I'll put a little effort in on the actual game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm

I'd say not to bother with the CaC, certainly not with a male Shepard. While the model will look half decent initially, as soon as the game prooper starts you can see that the texturing and detail are reduced compared to default Shep. That being the case, I always go with default male Shepard. (if you want to see what I mean, youtube has tons of videos of various people's hideously ugly Shepards going through the motions.)

Female Shepard seems to matter less, because you can make a half decent go at your own character; the only thing really holding it back is the lack of hair options (this hurts the female CaC options a lot more) because none of them are terribly feminine.

Which levels are in the demo? I'm too lazy to download a demo for game I've already completed 100%, but I'm curious...
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:42 pm

There's what I assume is the first level, where you wake up from the Lazerous Project and fight your way out of the station. And a mission where you have to spread a cure to some plague through a ventilation system.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 pm

The demo consists of the entire opening of the game (from the Normandy 1 scene through to when you meet Miranda for the first time) and the Mordin recruitment mission on Omega.

I've never bothered making my own Shepard but I've used a fair few of the codes from http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ , there are some really well made faces there.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Neo wrote:
The demo consists of the entire opening of the game (from the Normandy 1 scene through to when you meet Miranda for the first time) and the Mordin recruitment mission on Omega.

I've never bothered making my own Shepard but I've used a fair few of the codes from http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ , there are some really well made faces there.
Could i make this (not that i'd ever play as a woman unless the VA is better):

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Olivier
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:34 pm

You could probably do the face but there aren't any hairstyles that long.
Imo the female VA with the renegade ('evil' choices, although it's less evil more selfish/ruthless) lines is loads better than the male, although both are decent.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Paragon is Lawful Good while Renegade is Chaotic Good, if that clears it up.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Neo wrote:
I've never bothered making my own Shepard but I've used a fair few of the codes from http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ , there are some really well made faces there.]

Sold. I am getting this game just for Samus Shepard.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Neo wrote:

Could i make this (not that i'd ever play as a woman unless the VA is better):

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Olivier

I heard that the female VA was better.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 am

Both ME games are on sale today via Steam. $10 and $20 respectively. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/holiday2010_masseffect
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Kaede wrote:
I heard that the female VA was better.

They both have slightly different ways of delivering their lines. Judged on his own right, Mark Meer (Shep's male VA) is fine. However, if you've spent a bit of time listening to Jennifer Hale's femShep then Meer's delivery can seem a little flat in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Seeing as this comes out today I thought I'd post this:

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 12952710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next