Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)

Go down 
+14
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Maskull
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Old School
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Baal
Zero
Kimarous
Skip
Neo
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
I'm not sure why but all of that seemed fairly awesome to me, i guess it does make things more interesting can you be lesbian or gay in this out of curiousity?

I don't think there are any gay romances, though if you're a femshep you can romance Liara. She's an Asari, and they're monogendered so they're all female.
As in interspecies relationships, are a lot of the love interests alien cause for me that would be kinda gross.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Yes, a lot of the LI's are alien.

After playing the game though, they won't feel gross at all. You'll grow to love all of your crew. Except for Jack. And Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Does this game branch significantly or is ti just dialogue changes?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 pm

It doesn't "branch" per se, but the choices you make have some tangible consequences, yes. However, the full impact of many of them may not be known until ME3.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 am

I think there's a problem here. I started the game, but the comic didn't pop up, and now I've played for over three hours and recruited Grunt. Is it because I downloaded the free 700MB pack after starting the game?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:27 am

I don't know about the PS3 game, but on the 360 version if you downloaded something from the ME2 main menu then played the game, you'd have to save, exit the game (as in completely, right back to the 360 dashboard) and reload for the DLC to show.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Ah, I'd have to have installed it first.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:55 pm

So after starting the inevitable romance with Kelly, I have two questions.

1. I know that if you romance two characters, you may have to choose. Does this also apply to Kelly?
2. Why does Garrus calibrate all the time? I miss him already ;_;
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Kelly doesn't count as a romance; flirting with her will not get you the trophy for a relationship, and if you import from ME1, it still counts as you being faithful. The implication is that you never have sex with her, no matter how much you flirt. Incidentally, if you finish the game without making any other romance choice, yet have still maxed out the Kelly love, she'll come up to your room and do an "exotic" dance for you in the post-endgame. So, to answer your question, no you don't have to choose if your other is Kelly.

As for Garrus, his insistence upon calibration was one of many meme's ME2 started. You get more dialogue with him if you're a femShep, including the option to romance him if you wish. My femshep rocked his world.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Doing his loyalty mission now so that he'll wuv me. Also, Tali is moe; it's a shame there's no romancing options.

I also noticed how Kasumi and Zaeed don't have any conversation available. Is that because they weren't originally planned to be a part of the main story?

And the conversation the engineers hade about Jack was hilarious. I love 'em
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Kaede wrote:
Doing his loyalty mission now so that he'll wuv me. Also, Tali is moe; it's a shame there's no romancing options.

Moe?

Personally, I think of Tali more like a little sister. That said, I did romance her in my first playthrough and she was quite sweet. I still prefer to stick to Liara for my 'canon' run through though.

Quote :
I also noticed how Kasumi and Zaeed don't have any conversation available. Is that because they weren't originally planned to be a part of the main story?

Maybe, but given that Zaeed was in the game from day one on the 360, I suspect it's just to differentiate them from the main cast. Kasumi talks about lots of different things, even your romance choice, and she'll constantly update depending on where abouts in the game you are.

Quote :
And the conversation the engineers hade about Jack was hilarious. I love 'em

Ken and Gabby? Yeah, they're funny, even if their dialogue is really limited. Try beating them at poker, Shep is the man. Or woman, depending on your choices.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 am

Ken is a champ, he has some of the best lines of the NPCs.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Kaede wrote:

Moe?

Personally, I think of Tali more like a little sister. That said, I did romance her in my first playthrough and she was quite sweet. I still prefer to stick to Liara for my 'canon' run through though.

She's cute and endearing. But, alas, I'm not sure who to romance on my male Paragon Shepard. Miranda has a scary face. Jack is scary and I don't like her, although her mission made me unsure. Tali seems good so far. Haven't met Liara. Can you romance Kasumi? She's ok.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Kaede wrote:
She's cute and endearing.

Agreed.

Quote :
But, alas, I'm not sure who to romance on my male Paragon Shepard. Miranda has a scary face. Jack is scary and I don't like her, although her mission made me unsure. Tali seems good so far. Haven't met Liara. Can you romance Kasumi? She's ok.

Yeah, Miranda's character model is a bit screwed up - the actress who plays Miranda is much more attractive than Miranda, who looks like she's suffering from mild facial swelling sometimes. Jack... yeah, I don't like her either. Kasumi isn't a potential LI so she's out, and you meet Liara on Ilium, at which point the Shadow Broker DLC comes into play (though I'd recommend leaving it until after the main story). Liara was a possible LI in ME1, and personally I think that continued romance option feels the most mature and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Wow, Tali's loyalty mission was so much more fun than Miranda's! I especially like the end, where
Spoiler:
Now I need to do Mordin and Grunt's loyalty missions, recruit Thane and Liara, do their missions, perhaps the Shadow Broker mission, and then I can go die or whatever.
Also started romancing Garrus. That was one really fun conversation.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Kaede wrote:
Wow, Tali's loyalty mission was so much more fun than Miranda's!

The best parts of that mission are twofold;

Renegade Shep tearing a strip off the admirals, and hearing Tali say "it's fun watching you shout," afterwards, but primarily for the paragon interrupt where you hug her. Even when playing renegade I can't help but hit that trigger.

Quote :
Now I need to do Mordin and Grunt's loyalty missions, recruit Thane and Liara, do their missions, perhaps the Shadow Broker mission, and then I can go die or whatever.

Garrus gets very awkward when you romance him, it's quite good fun watching him squirm! Also, do the Shadow Broker DLC after you've finished the main story. That's where it seems to fit best.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:55 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Wow, Tali's loyalty mission was so much more fun than Miranda's!

The best parts of that mission are twofold;

Renegade Shep tearing a strip off the admirals, and hearing Tali say "it's fun watching you shout," afterwards, but primarily for the paragon interrupt where you hug her. Even when playing renegade I can't help but hit that trigger.

Neither could I. She's so sweet, I just wanted to hug her and tell her that it's all going to be okay ;_;

Quote :
Quote :

Garrus gets very awkward when you romance him, it's quite good fun watching him squirm! Also, do the Shadow Broker DLC after you've finished the main story. That's where it seems to fit best.

But doesn't the game end after the main story? Or can I still do stuff?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Kaede wrote:
But doesn't the game end after the main story? Or can I still do stuff?

The game carries on. You can do leftover sidequests, shopping, whatever you like.

Be warned though,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Not reading that spoiler. Proud.
But sure, then I'll do it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:41 pm

It's not that big a spoiler, really, but kudos for not peeking; it just concerns the consequences of the endgame, most of which is likely common knowledge by now. That said, if you genuinely don't know about events leading into the end of the story, then don't look. I had no idea what was coming and enjoyed it all that much more because it was a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 am

Apparently a new DLC, Arrival, comes out today. I'll give it a try and edit this post, although from what I've seen it doesn't look quite as good as LotSB. Seems to be very combat heavy which, although not a bad thing, isn't as interesting as far as I'm concerned.

Well I was wrong about it being combat heavy, at least so far. You're contacted by Admiral Hackett (who ME1 players should know) and asked to go on a solo mission to rescue an Alliance scientist who apparently found proof of an impending Reaper invasion, not that it wasn't already obvious to everyone who isn't on the Council. I was initially a little worried about not having a squad but the mission has been 'stealth based' so far, that is to say almost all the fights can be avoided by not walking through the clearly signposted laser tripwires and the others can just be skipped.

So I just finished it, not bad but not as good as Shadow Broker imo. Gets very combat heavy around the half way mark, then ends with a little tease of what could happen in ME3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am

oh this has finally gone back to its normal (albeit cheaper) price, but i got like 5 games to play through >_>.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Just finished, and holy shit! I am so satisfied right now, can't wait to get going on my Paragon male Shepard.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Kaede wrote:
Just finished, and holy shit! I am so satisfied right now, can't wait to get going on my Paragon male Shepard.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:38 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Kaede wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)   Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now there's no excuse (Mass Effect 2)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next