Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

wuts the differences in hard mode?

do they just do more damage?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 am

they block like fuckers, i did it on my first playthrough it weren't that bad

ex hard is fucking hard
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:17 am

im playing on normal and im kicking everyone's ass, lau ka lobg wasn't as hard as i reember him in 1

i guess i got that awesome from playing the hhell out of 2
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 am

If you played 1 and 2 you definitely should be playing hard to get the most out of this. That said after i bother to finish Ex hard i'm gonna permenantly play on normal as its more fun.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:38 am

well too late for me to start overnow
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:33 am

Its no biggy, can;t you change difficulty midgame?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 pm

i dunno
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 am

holy fuck i beat the shit out of mine :/
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 am

Told you you should of played on hard. Ex hard is a decent challenge. but the continue system is brutal.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 am

i was already more than half way through the game when you told me to play on hard
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:17 am

Even on hard i got through almost the whole game without dying only that virtual reality machine kicked my ass.

People basically don't block at all on normal. Just make sure you play 4 on hard.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:20 am

i could care less if regular thugs don't block, but the bosses blocked a shit load in the arena and i still beat their asses hard. komaki and the final hitman mission were really the only places i struggled. even though i beat the shit out of mine he was still fun to fight. i wish i had that boss mode now
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 am

Even bosses block more on hard, some of the bosses you pretty much have to counter to death or you will die. Thats not even including the damage ratios, which are obviously skewed.

The games a helluva lot more fun on hard, even then i pretty much just owned street thugs, but it makes the fights seem less repetitive.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:29 am

i get through blocking enemies very easily anyway. unless throwing gets harder to for some stupid reason
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
i get through blocking enemies very easily anyway. unless throwing gets harder to for some stupid reason
You have to use grabs a helluva lot but keep in mind its fucking hard to get up heat under those conditions. Especially in bossbattles adn that final hitman mission is insane.

Honestly i found amon easier then that boss fight.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:41 am

grab-throw pick up-combo them from behind

thats the pattern i use for enemies that block too much. i throw in a counter every now and them as well
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 am

you can't do that on big groups. You don't have time to circle as multiple people attack you at the same time in this. Also grabbing fat guys can be interupted IIRC, but maybe i'm remember ing wrong.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 am

its not like i attack stupidly agressive dude, i learned my lesson in yakuza 1... i always position myself with the dodge step so i'm not heavily surrounded
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:14 am

I obviously am playing like you there's no real secret tactics in yakuza. I'm telling you it makes the game a lot harder if people are blocking if you include damage ratios, having to throw, not being able to use heat moves as frequently, weapon durability being raped by blocking, and more aggressive opponents.

Your making it sound like there's no difference between normal and hard despite blocking and i can tell you for a fact that people do more damage on hard in this game.

On normal difficulty i can finish a fght with 5 thugs in under 30 seconds and i'm not even exaggerating, as heat moves would instakill two and i'd have filled up two heat bars from empty on the other three guys. If i'm using a weapon like a bike possibly under 20 senconds if the enemies group together.

Random encounters you can actually beat without looking at the screen on the average mooks on normal difficulty as you can lock on dodge to a person and pound them you even get a sound indicating when heat is activated.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 am

i thought you told me they only block more on hard i don't recall you saying they did more damage
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Even bosses block more on hard, some of the bosses you pretty much have to counter to death or you will die. Thats not even including the damage ratios, which are obviously skewed.

The games a helluva lot more fun on hard, even then i pretty much just owned street thugs, but it makes the fights seem less repetitive.

Although that said maybe your energy bar is just smaller, but same thing either way. A big reason why i most likely handed amon his ass was i defeated him in the adventure mode post game and i'm pretty sure that meant he was on normal difficulty because those thugs couldn't fight for shit in that mode. I beat the guy on first try and he's definitely not that much of a pushover, i gave him a rematch later and i don't think i used more then one healing item, i possibly might have not even needed to use it, i was just being cautious.

Although that said haven't played this in a while so i'm probably rusty again.

Lau will always be the greatest boss in the series please let him be in of the end.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 am

when i asked about hard mode your first answer got stuck in my head so i must have overlooked that last post you did.

originally you just said they block more and didnt' answer my question about damage.

all the final bosses are my favorite to fight though. but i think nishiki's fight was ruined for me due to finding an extremely broken heat move when i fought him
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 am

The whole scene with lau in the fist game is just stupidly epic, i think also is the boss you fight and your unprepared for. I mean he's always someone i get a decent lengthy fight out of and i actually struggled beating him in the virtual machine.

By the time end game pops up even the final boss isn't a challenge as your back in the zone with fighting.

by broken move do you mean the classic ground pound? I actually don't use that move at all any more is it still completely broken in y3? I hope they got rid of it for 4.

Oh yeah one thing your missing not having the DLC is being able to fight that guy
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 am

they fixed the move in 2 and kept it that way didn't realize it could do infinite damage until i used it on nishiki. it only lasts as long as your heat bar does now.

i thought ryuji was hard despite the fact that i was high level though.

lau was awesome in 1 but i think he got nerfed or some shit in 3

i don't know if my skills got vastly superior than when i played one or that though. but i think one of the biggest reasons i struggled in 1 was because i never found komaki until after i beat the game.....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
they fixed the move in 2 and kept it that way didn't realize it could do infinite damage until i used it on nishiki. it only lasts as long as your heat bar does now.

i thought ryuji was hard despite the fact that i was high level though.

lau was awesome in 1 but i think he got nerfed or some shit in 3

i don't know if my skills got vastly superior than when i played one or that though. but i think one of the biggest reasons i struggled in 1 was because i never found komaki until after i beat the game.....
That would be the case.

I guess lau wasn't hard in game i just think of the IF7 version he was damn fun to fight though.

I completely destroyed ryuji guy with two sticks was hardest boss fight in 2 for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3   ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN: anyone playing yakuza 3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next