Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?

Go down 
+6
Baal
Superbuu3
Zero
Neo
Kaede
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 am

Like a good large portion of FF7 is just silly shit happening to the cast as Cloud is like "Oh man, if we're gonna stop Corneo, I GOTTA CROSSDRESS I GUESS!" and then Aerith's like, "Oh Cloud, you wanna impress a man? Let me help you out there!" While she puts him in a pink ass dress.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:22 am

Baal wrote:
Like a good large portion of FF7 is just silly shit happening to the cast as Cloud is like "Oh man, if we're gonna stop Corneo, I GOTTA CROSSDRESS I GUESS!" and then Aerith's like, "Oh Cloud, you wanna impress a man? Let me help you out there!" While she puts him in a pink ass dress.

Cloud already look like a woman enough. He didn't even need to cross dress
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:11 am

Aw yeah look at those feminine blocks.

You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 2182492-150px_cloud_strife_field_model

Hottt
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:53 am

Stop saying FFVII is a melodramatic emo-fest. Cloud gets sexually assaulted by a group of naked musclebound men in a goofy ass whore house for pity's sake.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am

There is literally a fucking theme park where Cloud goes to and can date any of the three girls, one of which is catty and coy, another is a spunky ninja who hails from Not-Japan, and you can also date Barrett in what is one of the funniest and most awkward scenes in the game.

FF7 is as goofy as the rest of the Final Fantasy that follow 4 which is to say, very.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:58 am

The bad guy thought that the alien from The Thing was his mommy LOL.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 am

Oh, I totally forgot I was part-way through playing FFVII, this actually reminded me. I need to get back to that soon. Sterling work, EW.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:59 am

Skip have you ever played FFX-2?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 am

No, I haven't. But I think a friend of mine might have described it to me as 'the dress-up Final Fantasy', would that be the one?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 am

Um, that could pretty accurately describe it yeah. If you've played X, I totally recommend it. It's a really fun sequel that builds off it well with a cool combat system and fun characters. It's also got a radical job system which is where the dressup part comes in.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:14 am

I haven't played X either, the only Final Fantasy I'd played before starting VII this year was VIII.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:39 am

I recommend both.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:33 am

i still remember the first time i saw a X-2 advertisement. i was 14 in 8th grade and reading through a psm and there it was. man, yuna's booty looked good
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 am

Skipio wrote:
I haven't played X either, the only Final Fantasy I'd played before starting VII this year was VIII.

You poor bastard.

Definitely get back to VII. Then do X. X-2's fun in a stupid kind of way, but trying to 100% the story to earn the true ending(which isn't really worth the trouble) can be a pain and rather tedious.

IX would be another good title to hop on to as well, but the battle speed can be absolute piss and utterly ruin the experience for some. Be sure to to raise the battle speed to the max in the configuration menu if you decide to tackle that one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:39 am

FFV is insanely good too.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:54 am

SOK wrote:
Stop saying FFVII is a melodramatic emo-fest. Cloud gets sexually assaulted by a group of naked musclebound men in a goofy ass whore house for pity's sake.

So it's an melodramatic emo-fest with homoerotic humor.

Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 am

No, it's a melodramatic and very colorful goof-fest with homoerotic humor.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Cloud has his moments in VII, but he's hardly what we would classify as "emo". Vincent is, but that's about it for party members.

Didn't you get the memo, EW? It's not cool to hate on VII anymore. Everyone has moved on to hating X now. You gotta get with the times, man.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 pm

VII is great the materia system is fucking awesome.  6-9 are all great.  X has a good combat system, I didn't care for the story at all though, but that might've been due to stopping and starting adn the ending seeming a bit weird.

Also Cloud is not emo he's just batshit insane.

I also don't understand the insane levels of hate for XIII, i would like more freedom, but the paradigm idea is a nice change of pace. I would like an option where it wouldn't seem i'm wasting time I could use to attack if i manually choose attacks.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
VII is great the materia system is fucking awesome.  6-9 are all great.  X has a good combat system, I didn't care for the story at all though, but that might've been due to stopping and starting adn the ending seeming a bit weird.

I also don't understand the insane levels of hate for XIII, i would like more freedom, but the paradigm idea is a nice change of pace.  I would like an option where it wouldn't seem i'm wasting time I could use to attack if i manually choose attacks.

6 was a masterpiece of story telling I think video games need more of. Great gameplay to back it up.

7 was.......well game was good. Story was just ugh!

8 was terrible. The worst magic system in all of gaming. Story was not memorable in any way.

9 was extremely underrated.

10 was good, just the story didn't make fucking sense to me atleast. Though that laughing scene. That was fucking gold.

12 never existed.

13 had good intentions, but all fall flat. The characters..........my god did they all suck, especially Hope and Snow. The problem with 13 is that it's trying to be both turn-based and real time. Failing at both miserable. If FF15 is going to be real time, I am open to that idea. Paradigm can go to hell. Also it's LINEAR as fuck. The straightest game I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Zero wrote:
Cloud has his moments in VII, but he's hardly what we would classify as "emo". Vincent is, but that's about it for party members.

Didn't you get the memo, EW? It's not cool to hate on VII anymore. Everyone has moved on to hating X now. You gotta get with the times, man.

VII didn't suck as a game, it sucked as a game with a story.

Also 10 was good. Hating 13 is the new cool thing now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Empirewild wrote:
8 was terrible. The worst magic system in all of gaming. Story was not memorable in any way.

VIII had probably the most OPed magic system in all the final fantasy games. It also had some of the hardest bosses if you didn't abuse the fuck out of a lot of stuff, which was way too easy to do.

I weren't a fan of having to draw spells to use them, but triple triad was great and you could just craft magic spells (i can't remember how, but i know you could).
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Zero wrote:

VII didn't suck as a game, it sucked as a game with a story.

Also 10 was good. Hating 13 is the new cool thing now.

XIII has been cool to hate since its inception. At the very least, VII and X were very popular upon release. But starting maybe 6-8 years ago, lasting up until FFX's HD release was announced, VII became the Final Fantasy that everyone loved to shit on. Now everyone loves to say that X is shit. Though I can at least say that some people here that I knew from early RD days/DBD voiced their dissent for X before it was cool.

To be perfectly honest, VII and X have always been my favorites and I love the gameplay and story for both. In fact, I just got done streaming FFX on Sunday. Everything is up on my YouTube channel *shameless plugging*.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Empirewild wrote:

6 was a masterpiece of story telling I think video games need more of. Great gameplay to back it up.

You are literally the dumbest person.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

I also don't understand the insane levels of hate for XIII, i would like more freedom, but the paradigm idea is a nice change of pace.  I would like an option where it wouldn't seem i'm wasting time I could use to attack if i manually choose attacks.

7 was.......well game was good. Story was just ugh!

9 was extremely underrated.

10 was good, just the story didn't make fucking sense to me atleast. Though that laughing scene. That was fucking gold.

12 never existed.

13 had good intentions, but all fall flat. The characters..........my god did they all suck, especially Hope and Snow. The problem with 13 is that it's trying to be both turn-based and real time. Failing at both miserable. If FF15 is going to be real time, I am open to that idea. Paradigm can go to hell. Also it's LINEAR as fuck. The straightest game I've ever seen.

I thought you was 18 & if so...

6 was out before you was born

7 you was 3

ill miss a couple

10 you was 5 (no wonder it didnt make sense)

12 did exist and was a great game, maybe you should try it sometime

i suggest rather than just dissing a series that requires you to drop graphics etc just to play, you maybe find a newer franchise to review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?   You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know what sucks about Final Fantasy XIII the most?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next