Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled

Go down 
+5
Ellis
Kaede
Zero
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

http://kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-dead

Yeah, I know KOTATKU, but it's not exactly implausible. It doesn't take 6 years to make a game like Versus, especially since Square had shown some semblance of development for it.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:09 pm

if this is true they'd better make sure the next FF is going to be killer. I did like XIII contrary to what most people think... but I was really looking forward to this one and it looked so great and promising.

if it gets cancelled, the next FF better be on par with what this promised.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Fuckin' A

Was looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Zero wrote:
Fuckin' A

I don't think that expression means what you think it means.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Kaede wrote:
Zero wrote:
Fuckin' A

I don't think that expression means what you think it means.

No lol. It's interjectory slang.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 am

Don't worry, Finaly Fantasy XV will be the best RPG ever (just like every iteration)
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 am

Nomura said a few months ago that he wanted to show off gameplay running on an actual console at some point this year.

Given that they're the equivalent of a gaming tabloid there's no reason to believe a word Kotaku says until the upcoming Final Fantasy event and TGS2012 have been and gone without word of Versus.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 am

It's not like I'm looking towards Kotaku for definitive evidence here, I have Square's very small work to show for the past 6 years the game's been in development. It's Nomura's baby, yet most of his focus has been on Kingdom Hearts and the game only showed real gameplay for the first time just last year. This game is basically going to be Square's equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever although I doubt it'll be as horribly offensive as that was.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 am

Just cut this turd loose so the team can jump to KHIII already. That craptacular Xehanort nonsense must come to an end once and for all. If that requires Versus XIII's sacrifice, so be it. KHIII's gameplay will basically be Versus 2.0 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:24 am

I fully expect KH3 to pull some absurd 2001-esque starchild bullshit, haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the story since before BBS.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 am

Oh, how much fun the ludicrous tripe that is KHIII's story will be.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:36 am

KH is worth playing now if only because of how batshit the story has gotten, I play every new game waiting in anticipation to see how they plan to make it even more ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:38 am

And the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:40 am

Yes, it seems they've finally gotten a handle on making the series really fun to play without making it stupid easy like in KH2.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:21 am

So yeah, Kotaku was just making crap up, this is hardly surprising. Still, how long is it going to take this damned game to come out? Nomura wants so much stuff in it yet he can't be taken away from KH and new FF designs for five minutes to get shit done.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 7:10 am

My demo code doesn't work because Type-0 isn't officially out yet #decadeofwaiting #firstworldproblems
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 am

Neo wrote:
My demo code doesn't work because Type-0 isn't officially out yet #decadeofwaiting #firstworldproblems

Type-0 was released (in Japan) in 2011.

How is that a decade of waiting?

You want a decade wait? I been waiting for an actual sequel to Tactics Ogre or Ogre Battle game since 2002 (the PSP doesn't count because that was a remake and I already beat that on the SNES emulator before the PSP came out). Final Fantasy Tactics ain't got nothing on some Tactics Ogre.

But yes indeed First World Problems.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 1:15 pm

DEMO CODE.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:21 pm

SOK wrote:
DEMO CODE.

I thought you were talking about the game.

Welp, I'm drunk.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:47 pm

yeah, the first thing I'm gonna do when I get Type-O is play the XV demo xD
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 am

The framerate in the demo is fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 am

And also the game is bad.

Dodging and parrying is very clunky and the attack system (hold square to auto attack) never made me feel like I had proper control of Noctis. He consistently whiffs attacks and there's not really anything you can do about it without just warping to the enemy (this costs mp, if you run out of mp you get staggered for a couple of seconds) and trying again. On top of this there isn't a single attack that feels like it has any impact, enemies just keep moving as normal despite the spear that was just thrust into their back. Character models and attack animations all look great but the world itself lacks detail and the poor textures combined with the lack of anti-aliasing ruins the whole image. It feels like it takes forever to navigate the map and Noctis only being able to sprint for 10 seconds before completely stopping to take a break (I had to run for a good minute or two to get to some objectives) doesn't help at all.

I think it needs another decade.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Have they announced a release date for the game?

Hopefully it gets cleaned up a lot if its not for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:02 pm

i actually really enjoy the game so far, I've only played about half an hour of it, but it seems pretty solid to me, I'm having quite some fun.

Some of the things Neo says are true, but I can't say i'm really bothered with it, yeah, the enemies don't really react when you hit them, and yeah you can only sprint for so long before Noctis needs a break, but I honestly don't mind or think it should be an issue. I rarely use the sprint anyways, I'm perfectly fine just strolling around...

It's quite a fun game imo.

Probably should read this thread also, it'll clear out some of the problems Neo talked about:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/71424061
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled   Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has probably been cancelled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next