Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World War Hulk

Go down 
+3
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Got this today, and was a little disappointed with it. It had a lot more potential than it showed, with Hulk essentially taking down the main Marvel cast single handed. Even Sentry couldn't stop him, and it eventually degraded into a simple slug fest.

Which, essentially, is one of the problems I've always had with near-invincible heroes; they're simply so powerful, they can just trade blows with each other til one of them falls over, there's none of Spider-Man's cunning, or anything like that, it's just brute force.

That said, there were a couple of interesting 'what-ifs-' included, one of which involved Hulk's wife (deceased in the main story) wreaking her vengeance on earth. Even Sentry, Dr Strange and Black Bolt fall easily to her, and she decapitates Iron Man in one move. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah, it's not that great. Planet Hulk, leading up to it, is better.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Mmm, maybe I should check that out. I've been looking for a decent Spidey comic, but there's isn't a lot around post Civil-War that's any good.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Ultimate Spider-Man?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Nah, Sim needs the older Spider-Man so he can relate to him. That's the whole point of Spider-Man right?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Not to mention, I don't like some of the changes made to Ultimate Spidey.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Anyone want to recommend a spider-man comic for me to buy? I need a good one-shot.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 pm

"World War Hulk" is an overrated storyline
@Kaede: "Spider-Man vs Wolverine" one shot is awesome
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 pm

this was soo bad no words can describe it. I was waiting for it to pick up and it never did. I'm not reading another comic again.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I only read the X-Men portion of it, but it was fairly terrible (everyone including Juggernaut gets destroyed one by one, so exciting).

And Ultimate Spider-Man is fantastic awesome brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:56 am

I read basically everything that was involved with world war hulk as i thought it would give me a better perspective on his awesome power, instead it bored me.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

I liked the Ghost Rider issues
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 am

uh that was ok but it kinda went nowhere.

They were all like ghost rider would hand his ass to him but then he went rogue and didn't want to fight him. I guess it would've been interesting if i was reading ghost rider, as that probably was a huge plot point for that.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Tie-in characters are usually take it or leave it. If you weren't reading anything about Hulk, all you would've heard about it just from the Ghost Rider issues was a brief mention and an asterisk telling you to read up on it if you wanted to, but nothing that interrupted the normal story flow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World War Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Hulk   World War Hulk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World War Hulk
Page 1 of 1