Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading Hulk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Reading Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Reading Hulk   Reading Hulk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 am

Hellooo I'm the icckkkkeeckekeckkk, I kick my hide so you don't have to

Like most of the best franchises in Marvel (excluding Captain America) this one was co-created by writer Stan Lee, who for some reason loved politics and ant-commie/pro-USA in his comics too much, almost only Spider-Man was spared of such a thing on his tenure (with exception to Amazing Spider-Man annual 5 having Red Skull and Parker's as S.H.I.E.L.D agents)

Run started with Jack Kirby in the 6 issues run of TIH, dude started grey skinned and sort of murderous in his intents, then he became green skinned and followed Rick's order's to the letter, followed by becoming the Hulk by choice every time he takes a Gamma shower. Hulk knew he was Banner, acted differently, used to fly, and never spoke in third person

After the end at issue 6 there he was in a different series with Ant-Man at first, then with Sub-Mariner (not as a co-star, a story for each character), there Hulk started turning at anger with no explanation, no appearance between the two stories that I could find, or booga booga

Leader was introduced, Hulk was considered a traitor for working with the Reds though he kicked their hides, Rick was a member of the Avengers, Noodle Head was introduced, Hulk received a bullet in his head that made him think like Banner, but never turn back to him or die, and the Leader offers him to join his evil empire
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Reading Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Hulk   Reading Hulk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:44 am

Hulk joined Leader, got the bullet out of his brain, Leader died (seemingly) by what he ordered Hulk to bring him, Hulk got free of Leader's tyranny

To save Rick Hulk headed to the white house (Rick entrusted the prez to the secret of the Hulk to get him out of penitentiary), but a gun made by Banner sent him to the 25th century where he fought the Asgardian Executioner, went back to his time, lost his stable mind to rage and became just Hulk
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Reading Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Hulk   Reading Hulk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:23 am

Seeing that I started reading Hulk 3 years ago, it's astonishing.
Oh well.

I read most of volume 1, skipped some issues from 130+ to something before 176.
From what I read of the series I will tell you this, there is a lot of repetition of plots:
Hulk smash, meets a friend, friend goes away after a short while or dies, Hulk sad, smashes again.
Ross hates Hulk, Ross ok with Hulk, Ross hunts Hulk...etc....
Hulk is cured, Banner morphs into Hulk again a short time later...
Betty marries a man, leaves him (married 2 guys before marrying Bruce Banner).

If you'd like to read Hulk, I suggest starting with Incredible Hulk 300, and work your way upwards. That is when Hulk stories begin to be really worth your time if you don't seek relentless plot repetition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Hulk   Reading Hulk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading Hulk
Page 1 of 1