Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) Empty
PostSubject: Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP)   Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) 930217_70560_front

Well, it's a wrestling game but, much different from the rest of the games from the same genre. It's kinda like, if the budokai series and the Wrestle Mania series were mustard and tomatoes. . . Well, yeah. You know what I mean. It sounds gross but, It tastes awesome. This game was surprisingly good and I recommend it to any PSP owner. Unfortunately you'll have to import it because it wasn't released State side. Anyway, let me start the other shit.

Story/Modes -
There isn't a story. Well, not that I know of, it's all in moonspeak so, yeah. I click stuff at random. But, who plays Fighting games for the stories anyway? There's a Tag Team tourney but, it's limited to actual tag team matches from the manga so, you can't make your own teams for the tourney. They also have a normal arcade mode. In order to unlock more characters you have to play arcade mode and collect little figures, you need to collect a certain amount of figures in order to unlock a character. The amount of figures you need for a char ranges from 1 to 5. I guess, the higer ranked characters need a shit load of figures. So. you'll need to play tag tourney and arcade mode a few times to get everyone.

Gameplay - 8/10
This game really shines in this department, for a wrestling game the controls are very simple. X is to punch, Triangle is to jump, O is to grapple, [] is to guard, and the two shoulder buttons are for special moves. That's it, very easy to get the hang of and do cool moves with no problem. You don't even need to pin your opponent to win the match, just deplete his health bar. But, that's the down side to this simple controls scheme, even though you can do some really cool moves and badass specials, it gets repetitive quickly. (Kinda like the budokai games.) But, with this games huge roster and colorful characters you'll quickly forget about that.

Graphics - 7/10
The graphics aren't too bad, but nothing to brag about. Like I said, it's a very colorful cartoony type fighter, I would've preferred if it had been cel-shaded but, whatever.

Sound and Music - 5/10
Horrible commentary can heard almost every match. And they repeat themselves alot, thank god I can't understand moonspeak or it would've pissed me the fuck off. The announcer chick is alright, I like how she says the charater's name in English (It's like the only way I can find out info about some of the cast.) The music..is eh.

Over all - 8/10

Pros Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) Kinnikuman
- Huge Roster
- Cool Moves
- Simple Controls for a Wrestling game
- Tag Team Specials
- Colorful and Cool cast of characters

Cons
- Horrible Commentary
- Repetitive.
- Music is eh

So, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP)   Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:45 am

damn i really wanted to play one of these games they never get an eu release though
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations Review (PSP)
Page 1 of 1