Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Empty
PostSubject: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:55 am

I loved playing racing games on my PS2. Burnout 3, Burnout Takedown, Need for Speed Underground 2, NFS Underground...

And yet when I tried Burnout Paradise and the Split Second demo on my PS3, I hated them.

Why, you ask?

WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE ACCELERATION BUTTON FROM THE CONVINIENT (X) TO THE HELLISHLY UNCOMFORTABLE [R2] TRIGGER, MADE ALL THE WORSE BY UNCHANGABLE CONTROLS?!?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?

But seriously, why'd they do that? It is so awkward and uncomfortable, especially given the shape of the R2 trigger. Why can't I just hold down X like in previous games? I can't enjoy your new games when you give them unchangable shit controls!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:21 am

The XBox is responsible, because it actually has good triggers that are comfortable to hold. Even on the PS3 I have no trouble with the control scheme though. You can get things called Real Triggers which clip on to the PS3's shoulder buttons for (probably) about $10, but I find it easy enough without them.

I disliked Burnout Paradise for other reasons.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

burnout paradise was just shit

and i do find the triggers annoying
i personally used to play with the joysticks
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Triggers worked for Burnout Legends, but they weren't like those squishy marshmallow-triggers the PS3 has.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:53 pm

joysticks are greater

my awesome driving skills work better with easily gradeable accel and decel
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?   Okay, seriously, what happened between generations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay, seriously, what happened between generations?
Page 1 of 1