Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Console Review

Go down 
+6
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Chrona
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:17 am

PT.1: PS2:

With the beginning of the era of the 64Bit era by "Atari Jaguar" back in 1994, it wasn't far behind to have more consoles working on the 64Bit engine, like the N64, the Sega Saturn & the first Playstation. The latter was released by Sony entertainments and you needed to plug a device for the colors, then they removed that and later on they remade a slim version of the console, that started the trend of the release of Sony PS home console and a slimmer version in later years

Console Review Playstation2
The original PS2 came really big, still smaller than the PS3 slim, but big, and you need it to be connected to the power and activated to be able to place game DVD's in it and play them. By turning games from CD's to DVD's it improved their quality a lot, enhanced much both graphically & in game play power, more improvement for so many games: "Final Fantasy" finally had voice actors, "Metal Gear" & "Silent Hill" have much better graphics, "Resident Evil" gained more quality, etc etc. Game pad is the same thing for the previous consoles with analogues (yeah, I mean the PS1 controls with analogues, don't worry), so you can use both PS1 & PS2 gamepads on it

Console Review Playstation2-slim-1
Later was released the newer version of this console, the slim version is really slime, maybe quarter the volumeof the original console, it's even smaller than a 13" laptop, you can carry the whole console with accessories & a bunch of games on your back back and it doesn't make you feel lots of weight on your back, it's light and good, they even removed the requirement to use power to insert and remove discs and this is a great improvement, it's much easier that way to clean from dusts that go inside

Some of them came with adapters, some without them, the adapters turned out to be mainly extensions for the wire, not much of a power source[u]

Last edited by Miyamoto Musashi on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

OMG

in that second pic the controller is on with no power supply o_O
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:56 pm

The only flaw with the PS2 is that it has some FPSes on it and a network adapter to enable online play. If you ignore both of those, it's a near-perfect console
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 pm

The PS2 slim has ethernet built in.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 pm

No wonder I never ended up buying that travesty
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I decided to change this thread from PS2 review to a console review in general, since it's just too many threads to review all gaming consoles

And this is to give other gamers a chance to review their gaming systems
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Chrona wrote:
The only flaw with the PS2 is that it has some FPSes on it and a network adapter to enable online play. If you ignore both of those, it's a near-perfect console

timesplitters was one of the best games of that gen
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 pm

online fps roolz you chrona
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:19 pm

PC is a great system for gameplay, especially if you play games of other systems on it, the better your PC the better it is for games
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
PC is a great system for gameplay, especially if you play games of other systems on it, the better your PC the better it is for games
1. A lot of console-to-PC ports are crap.
2. Better PCs are better for games? NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 am

Kimarous wrote:
1. A lot of console-to-PC ports are crap.
That's only the fault of the developers though, any game that's properly optimized for each platform is always better on PC.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 am

[quote="Kimarous"]
Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
2. Better PCs are better for games? NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
You're insulting me? I'm so gonna tell daddy
Since you admired the genius mind I have, I'll look into my heart to see if I can forgive you Twisted Evil

Too bad there isn't a "Joker Smile" emotion
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:38 pm

PS2 had awesome fighting games and the best controller that used them
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhe
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 am

PS3: Man, does that system heat up, and I lost "Soul Calibur 4", also "Assassins Creed 2" freezes a lot, and I heard that slim (the one I have) doesn't heat up as much as the original version does. I hate PS3, maybe I won't be getting even "Shattered Dimensions" for it. "Arkham Asylum" I'm getting for PC, but I won't be getting "Arkham City"
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:57 am

Honestly, there could be something wrong with your PS3. Mine's never really heated up that much.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:11 am

Mine's never really heated up much either.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 am

Windows 7 is a gift for PC gamers, it has great audio & video enhancements, before it I was unable to play some of my games with comfort:
Assassins Creed -Fun Game
Web of Shadows - Wish it was done much better, so far I wish it never came to existence
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Console Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Review   Console Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Console Review
Page 1 of 1