Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infamous Demo...

Go down 
+4
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
SimianWonder
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:42 pm

1) The aiming doesn't seem THAT bad. Pray tell, what do you find "bad" about it?
2) The movement, quite somewhat quirky, is hardly worth complaining about.
3) The lightning spam can be chalked up to the user's lack of creativity. Furthermore, how is rapidly zapping electic bolts any different from squeezing down the trigger in any shooter game?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:42 pm

IT'S FINALLY DONE!

Time to play.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Kimarous wrote:
Furthermore, how is rapidly zapping electic bolts any different from squeezing down the trigger in any shooter game?
It doesn't seem any different. That's why it's disappointing. You're given a gun disguised as a super power. And only being able to shoot while aiming sounds like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:53 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Furthermore, how is rapidly zapping electic bolts any different from squeezing down the trigger in any shooter game?
It doesn't seem any different. That's why it's disappointing. You're given a gun disguised as a super power. And only being able to shoot while aiming sounds like a bad idea.
As my fencing instructor used to say:

"Aim... Shoot... Recoil! You don't shoot then aim; you won't hit anything that way!"

Seriously, how do you think it would work if you COULD shoot without aiming?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:58 pm

It'd be much more chaotic and fun.

Which is what it looked like we were being given with the commercials.

And I've been killing every gang member I met. I'm usually against murder, but if these fuckers wanna hurt innocent people because they're afraid, then they're going the fuck down.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:59 pm

You've got electrical super powers. I wouldn't expect that to be handled like a shooter. I would have expected a lock on feature if anything, and a wider variety of electrical attacks, although I assume there will be in the full game. Just looks like they've put some effort into agility of the character, and none of that carries over into the combat.

From what I've seen the character could have a gun and some grenades instead of electrical powers and the combat wouldn't be any different. That's a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:00 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
It'd be much more chaotic and fun.

Which is what it looked like we were being given with the commercials.
Yeah, that.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:03 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You've got electrical super powers. I wouldn't expect that to be handled like a shooter. I would have expected a lock on feature if anything, and a wider variety of electrical attacks, although I assume there will be in the full game. Just looks like they've put some effort into agility of the character, and none of that carries over into the combat.

From what I've seen the character could have a gun and some grenades instead of electrical powers and the combat wouldn't be any different. That's a disappointment.
Alright then. Elaborate on these "wider variety" you have in mind.

In game, you can shoot bolts of electricity from your hands, throw lightning grenades, use "pushing" electric pulses, summon lightning storms, glide through the air and along rails, sap energy from electrical sources (including people), and bind people with static shackles.

Expand on this...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:07 am

Kimarous wrote:
and bind people with static shackles.
Didn't know about that, and that's probably the sort of thing I'd expect, which is good. Just seems like the combat system could have been handled better. Like, what can you do while aiming? Simian said your movement is restricted. Can you jump and glide and stuff while aiming?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:08 am

No, you dodge roll. You can only glide during free movement. While aiming you're pretty much just strafing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:13 am

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. A lock on feature that allowed the same free movement as normal, as well as being able to attack freely during normal movement, seems the most obvious, and best, combat system for a game like this.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:17 am

Well, tough beans. This is what it has...

And, again, why do you care if you don't have the appropriate console anyway?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:19 am

Because this would've been a reason for Moose to buy the PS3. He's said this.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:21 am

Oh, and this game is terrible on the alignment thing. I'm "Infamous" now, and apparently I look like the spawn of Marilyn Manson and that bitch from the RIng.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:24 am

Unfortunately, I think almost all games are like that. I think only Overlord has done it right and made you look cooler when you are eviler, as opposed to more sickly or punk-esque...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:24 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
I've got plenty of other reasons to buy one. This would have been a possible purchase though, since it's a Sucker Punch production. I liked the Sly Raccoon games. The PS3 titles from Naughty Dog and Insomniac are pretty sure purchases too, since they also made some of my favourite PS2 games. Still might buy this, I'll just have to try to the demo when I can.

And just because that's the combat system they've given us doesn't mean I have to like it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:28 am

Kimarous wrote:
Unfortunately, I think almost all games are like that. I think only Overlord has done it right and made you look cooler when you are eviler, as opposed to more sickly or punk-esque...

Overlord is self-aware. It does that for fun. This game makes you seem like the spawn of Satan.

YOU WEAR ALL BLACK
YOU HAVE THIS BLACK OOZE ON YOUR HEAD.
YOUR SKIN IS GREY.
AND YOUR LIGHTNING IS RED.

They might as well have just stuck a sign over your head saying "I'm Evil."
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:40 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
YOU WEAR ALL BLACK
Cool
DevilKingBaal wrote:
YOU HAVE THIS BLACK OOZE ON YOUR HEAD.
umm...Not so cool.
DevilKingBaal wrote:
YOUR SKIN IS GREY.
...umm...okay
DevilKingBaal wrote:
AND YOUR LIGHTNING IS RED.
Shocked ...Fucking...Sweet...

But yeah, That sounds like Fable stuff. And I have no idea what that game is like. Just that some things look cooler when you're evil and some things look tons better when you're good.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:48 am

I'm still going to buy this game despite my bitching about the gameplay of what should be an action game.

I just want to see how it turns out. Or actually, I'll probably rent the game instead.

I'm gong to be going for good guy on my first playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:51 am

Yeah, Good Guy first for the challenge...If there IS any. Then Evil for the fun and carnage. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:53 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
I've got plenty of other reasons to buy one. This would have been a possible purchase though, since it's a Sucker Punch production. I liked the Sly Raccoon games. The PS3 titles from Naughty Dog and Insomniac are pretty sure purchases too, since they also made some of my favourite PS2 games. Still might buy this, I'll just have to try to the demo when I can.

And just because that's the combat system they've given us doesn't mean I have to like it.

I loved the Sly games.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:54 am

I'm pestering my mother to get me an account on GameFly so I'll rent this over the summer hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:54 am

Fox McCloud wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

I loved the Sly games.

Who didn't? All of those games were fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:57 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Fox McCloud wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

I loved the Sly games.

Who didn't? All of those games were fun as hell.

Damn right. I'll most likely buy InFamous when it comes out. Despite the minor flaws, it's a fun game. Mind everyone that the demos always have their little perks that the full version corrects.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:59 am

What Burst Limit's demo have then?

The Demo was pretty bad and so was the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous Demo...   Infamous Demo... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamous Demo...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next