Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infamous: Second Son

Go down 
+4
Superbuu3
Neo
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Infamous: Second Son Empty
PostSubject: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

E3 gameplay. Business as usual it seems.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am

I think there need to be more interesting offensive powers, but they've given themselves some fairly interested scope power wise if this wiki page is to be believed. Could be really cool.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Release date is February 2014.

The moral choice system is possibly based around killing the other conduits now, since he made a big point about it being his choice. Maybe you can keep them as allies to fight with you and get some of their powers, or kill them and get all their powers?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Italian Gamestop pre-order bonus includes glow in the dark condoms.
Spoiler:
Google Translate wrote:
Book now Infamous Second Son

Only by GameStop, Infamous book Second Son and receive Preorder Kit * Exclusive GameStop, the game contains 2 cans of Red Bull and a box of condoms fluorescent.

* Offer valid while stocks last.
GADGETS AND ANY DLC CODES WILL BE GIVEN ON THE DAY OF OUTPUT OF THE GAME AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Offer valid until the day before the game, the game book. Some restrictions may apply. Ask our staff for clarification. All trademarks mentioned are the property of their rightful and respective owners.

"Enjoy your power" indeed.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 3:10 am

That's actually pretty funny. "Hey man, buy this game and... I dunno, here, have this redbull and some glowing condoms."
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

And you guys thought I was lying about ladies sleeping with guys with PS4. The redbull is so after you're done you can play infamous.

PS4 it only does everything.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Some "evil" gameplay. The neon powers or whatever they are look really nice, and the traversal seems really fast. Not once did I see the main character slowly shimmy up a drain pipe or hop from window ledge to window ledge.

)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Looks like he can run up walls now, not sure if that uses up power I didn't pay enough attn to look at the interface, but thats way better then the wall hugger that cole was.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Every other game of this type has wall running though, how could Infamous not add it? I don't really think they had much choice.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Hopefully they're just being secretive about the others but I'll be disappointed if there's only two power sets in the game. Infamous 2 had 3.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:38 pm

This is pretty good, giving the player a 'heavy ammo' limit for rockets is a shit way of making you feel like you have superpowers though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:30 am

I finished my Good Karma playthrough earlier today, the game is pretty good and the powers are more fun than 1 or 2, the only real drawback is that, with the Good upgrades, Neon is so much better than everything else. I used Video fairly regularly for the superior aerial mobility it offers but unless I wanted to use Invisibility I'd always try to switch back to Neon for combat.

The game could do with a few more story missions but overall I enjoyed this more than either of the previous games, thank god someone at Sucker Punch listened to everyone complaining about the climbing mechanics and decided that every power needed a way to avoid ever using them.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in this it's worth noting that the advertised four powers is a little misleading as you only get access to the fourth, Concrete, for the final boss and postgame.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 am

Turns out all the movement powers are just locked to a karma level but not actually good or evil specifically so evil powers are way better than I expected.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:42 pm

That's pretty cool. I would have preferred the evil powers in Infamous 2 but good powers got Ice Jump, which was too awesome to not have.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm

This was only okay imo. A nice time sink until some new games arrive. Super repetative but still fun to pass some time. Neon powers look really cool and I think were by far the best in the game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:02 am

Neo wrote:
Turns out all the movement powers are just locked to a karma level but not actually good or evil specifically so evil powers are way better than I expected.

Thats pretty awesome is there a replay mission option though? Like can you go back to an old mission and use those concrete powers?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 am

Nah postgame is pretty barren, if you've collected everything and done all the sidequests already the only things to do are the ARG missions (a new one is released every week, there are two more left to be released) and the D.U.P. Raids which are just random spawns of big groups of enemies. The raids can be fun if you want to dick around with combat but aside from where they spawn there isn't a whole lot of variety.

Sadly you don't get access to both sets of karma upgrades at once after clearing the game twice, I really hope Sucker Punch patch it in or something because after two clears I think you've earned the right to be completely broken.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm

That's dumb. Infamous 2 gave you both sets. They do seem to be patching it a lot though. I saw they added an option to change the time of day manually and they just put in a photo mode, which is always a big plus for me.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 am

According to the ARG stuff Sucker Punch were considering Wire, Paper, Steam, Magnetism, Shadow and Mirror powers for the game. I'm pretty disappointed that none of those got in.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:43 am

Wire, Magnetism, Shadow and Mirror sound sweet, I hope they'll be in the next game. I'm sure paper could be amusing though, like folding yourself into a paper plane to glide for ages etc.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 am

The ARG ended up being a bit disappointing, in retrospect a new power or at least boss fight was probably too much to expect from free content but I had hope.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Fetch Quest is a lot of fun, Fetch has better powers than Delsin and is even more mobile which is awesome. One drawback is the length of the content but this is still worth playing if you enjoyed Second Son.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:38 am

This is fun. Better mobility so you don't have to climb around all the time is nice, but it kind of doesn't feel like Infamous without it. It's better, but the traversal was a big part of Infamous and making it faster and simpler does take something away. I miss zipping around on railways and power lines. Being able to run up walls with Neon is cool, but I prefer using Smoke and looking for vents to go through. It's more Infamous-y.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:23 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
This is fun. Better mobility so you don't have to climb around all the time is nice, but it kind of doesn't feel like Infamous without it. It's better, but the traversal was a big part of Infamous and making it faster and simpler does take something away. I miss zipping around on railways and power lines. Being able to run up walls with Neon is cool, but I prefer using Smoke and looking for vents to go through. It's more Infamous-y.

But are his powers awesome enough to crash a game?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 5:55 pm

moose is right, by the time i got neon i was so used to using smoke i just carried on but after a while (and a fair bit of upgrading) neon becomes a lot better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son   Infamous: Second Son Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamous: Second Son
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next