Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watched Terminator for the first time in years

Go down 
+3
justinlynch3
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Watched Terminator for the first time in years Empty
PostSubject: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Good film. Few things annoyed that I didn't realize before though. Like, they use the Terminator theme quite a bit in the film, just arranged differently, for various scenes. Like in the sex scene, it the Terminator theme playing, but played on a piano. It sounds kinda silly.

Was also annoyed when Sarah Connor outran a truck for quite a while at the end. Even when she was having to prop up Reese and run at the same time, they outran a truck. In every shot the truck's getting closer, and then in the next shot it's further away and closing in again.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Terminator (1)?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Of course.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:29 pm

Huh.

Only watched 3.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Sherlock
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Part 2 is good as well as part 3. I find um both better then the first, though I like he first, just slightly less.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 pm

2>1>>>3
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm

I really liked 3, even though it won't ever attain the same iconic status as the first two.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:44 pm

I saw all 3 on special offer, individually rather than as a pack, at HMV, so I picked up the first 2 (since 3 was kinda crappy).

Just watched the 2nd one. Brilliant film. Better than the 1st. The effects stand up pretty well too. That was something that surprised me about the first film too. Some things I remembered, such as the pupper Arnold face when he's taking his eye out, and the stop motion terminator near the end, which look pretty obvious now. But there's actually some full scale puppet terminator shots in the first film that look pretty damn good, and they'll always look better than the special effects. Same with the 2nd film, although the digital effects stand up fine.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:54 pm

No way! The woman who plays John's foster mother in T2 played Vasquez in Aliens?! But... She's all ginger and freckley in T2, and she was all... hispanic and stuff in Aliens.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 pm

That must mean she's a T-1000!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 pm

I never realised that was the same actress either. Damn.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 am

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 pm

I liked 3. 2 was good but that kid was annoying. His friend with the mullet was worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched Terminator for the first time in years   Watched Terminator for the first time in years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched Terminator for the first time in years
Page 1 of 1