Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought LittleBigPlanet

Go down 
+8
brandon
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Superbuu3
Sauce
Maskull
Baal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Possibly. My network isn't the fastest ever (PS3 is via regular wi-fi, so a max of 54mbps) but it's never been a problem before - videos and whatnot on my laptop (on the same network) load pretty quickly.

I'm looking at community levels because I thought (incorrectly it would seem) that they might be good for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 pm

There are some good ones, but as you discovered the platforming mechanics aren't the best around (though that's mainly because most creators don't seem to take the floaty jumping into account when making levels, so you end up with stuff that's just frustrating), and without stuff to collect I didn't find much joy in playing the community levels just for sake of it. The best ones are score challenges and vs games and stuff, although that's mainly in LBP2.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:14 pm

The platforming sections are driving me nuts, even on the story levels the game seems to get easily confused as to what you want to do, particularly when there are things set on different "planes" ie the jumping into and out of the screen.

On the plus side, Alpha Protocol and Dark Chronicle arrived today, so LBP can go on the backburner for a while.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:31 pm

You should play with moose he's really good at LBP. On LBP2 he was doing insane shit.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 pm

When jumping in and out, it's best to ignore going in and out. Just concentrate on jumping, sackboy will do the in and out stuff himself.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am

I'm being a whore like Buu now and I'm trying to get all items. it's a pain in the ass when you can't find help for those multiplayer ones. And when you do find help in-game, you don't know if said helper(s) is retarded or not.

If only I had collected everything sooner when the LBP forums on gfaqs weren't dead.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 am

Buu is a whore. I see him playing all these games yet he wont play wit hme. WHY AM I NOT ATTRACTIVE TO YOU ANYMORE
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:15 am

Did a complete moron design that 2x section in the Serpent Temple? Even when my partner manages to get on the button after I grab the lift thingy, most of the time I still get killed because the giant snake's flames touch my sackboy's feet.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Yeah the lag can be insane. Your best bet would be to get me and moose to play and you join the level and let us two grab the items for you. You just best not rinse the lives.

That said if you can't get that bit due to lag you're basically fucked when it comes to the magicians levels. Even me and moose were fucked lagwise for that.

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
Buu is a whore. I see him playing all these games yet he wont play wit hme. WHY AM I NOT ATTRACTIVE TO YOU ANYMORE
I've actually not played my PS3 much lately, i've just been logging on to check that christmas sale.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
You just best not rinse the lives.

You know, I don't exactly suck at the game. I'm not great and probably not as good as you lot, but I'm ace material.

That Serpent Temple situation was mostly due to my partner screwing up. He was an impatient little twirp who kept rushing ahead, getting caught by the snakes and such. I swear a good deal of those screw ups with the 2x part were probably due to him jumping off the button too quickly instead of staying the hell on(the rest was him going on it too damn early).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 pm

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
You just best not rinse the lives.

You know, I don't exactly suck at the game. I'm not great and probably not as good as you lot, but I'm ace material.

That Serpent Temple situation was mostly due to my partner screwing up. He was an impatient little twirp who kept rushing ahead, getting caught by the snakes and such. I swear a good deal of those screw ups with the 2x part were probably due to him jumping off the button too quickly instead of staying the hell on(the rest was him going on it too damn early).

Thats good because I probably will suck at this game now due to the weird floaty platforming it has. I'm sure moose is still awesome at this though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Maybe I'll be terrible too since now I've got expectations to live up to. I'll probably choke and wind up sucking instead of doing decently. WHY DO YOU DO THIS, BUU?! NOW I'M SCARED.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm online now if you wanna try this.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 pm

'Aight. I apologize in advance if I screw us over.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Did you screw up Sora? Did you get the items you were looking for? SO MANY QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 am

He was generally cool, but he did make us restart a level twice, that we could've solved the puzzle on despite me telling him after he did it the first time.

Ultimately a good gaming session had the dark cloud of a micless sora over it. Plus i don't like talking out of people's speakers. Well not while using a mic.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 am

I hope Sora's done, or that you guys can help him get done, because I'm never putting this game in my machine again. The new HDD means I'll need to download all the updates all over to play online. Fuck that. LBP2 will be a pain as well. And I need to redownload all my DLC.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I hope Sora's done, or that you guys can help him get done, because I'm never putting this game in my machine again. The new HDD means I'll need to download all the updates all over to play online. Fuck that. LBP2 will be a pain as well. And I need to redownload all my DLC.
I'll try and get him everything I think i was pretty fast today. the 4p ones will be hassle though, but if anyone feels like being a bro that would be cool.

It is suprisingly quick if you got the disc version. Just install all your stuff in one go and walk out of the room, the DLC is the long winded part but you will need to do it for LBP2 as well so just do it. As i will eventually want to play that again and i'll definitely need your skills for the harder levels. Honestly i'm way too rusty on 1 as it is, i was properly struglling on some sections. if you or me host and we invite him we could clear this up quick and force him to get 2.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
He was generally cool, but he did make us restart a level twice, that we could've solved the puzzle on despite me telling him after he did it the first time.

Yes, yes. Big mistake on my part. I was under the impression you could screw that up if you fell on the lower ground since a guy lost his cool on the mic when that happened last time and then came down and progressed forward. Still we got that one so yay.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:22 pm

I hope whoever had the idea to put that conveyor belt at the end of the Bunker level got fired.

I'm trying to ace the level and I actually kick ass throughout most of it, even the wheel wasn't so bad after a while(especially when you do it the quick, easier way). But then I get some back luck all of a sudden in the very last part with the conveyor belt. It's not even a bloody hard bit since I've beaten it easily a handful of times in past playthroughs. But, nope, something just has to prevent me from acing this stupid level every time I get to that part now.

I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully this ridiculous bad luck will have left me and I can ace it easily like I should be freaking able to.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Its one of those things when you're not thinking about it too much you just fly through it.

The first Mexico level is the one i wasted the most time trying to ace and its really not hard at all.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Funny enough, I managed to ace that one easily a few days back. The bomb stuff at the end's piss easy if you just constantly tap your analog stick.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am

Yay, I aced it.

Damn I love it when you spend ages struggling in a game only to come back later and kick so much ass.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:15 pm

SOK wrote:
Yay, I aced it.

Damn I love it when you spend ages struggling in a game only to come back later and kick so much ass.
Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound masochistic at all.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 am

Yay. Got all prizes. Now to ace a few levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought LittleBigPlanet   I bought LittleBigPlanet - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought LittleBigPlanet
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next