Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 pm

Homer Satan wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Homer Satan wrote:
Clarified the title because for some reason it seems the PS3 version of the game has more numerous and more obvious graphics issues.

>_______>
It looks to be the truth. The IGN review was based on the PS3 version, and they made out seam breaks and screen tearing and slowdown to be a pretty big problem, as well as admitting that the PS3 version ran a lot worse. Playing on the 360, I notice some minimal seam breaks during the cutscenes, and some occasional minor slowdown. It shouldn't be happening but it's not a problem in practical terms.

I'm just so tired of the PS3 being the inferior version despite being better hardware wise. And I don't trust IGN in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Also, as for side missions, some seem to be constant. Like you'll get a "beat 10 enemies" side mission, and once it's completed it'll upgrade to "beat 25 enemies" or something. They're optional though so it doesn't slow the story down much. And with all the crime going on it gives you a good chance to practice the combat skills.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:38 pm

A bit about the combat. The ground and wall combat is predominantly about pressing X a lot. Looking through some of the upgrades I have bought yet, there's variations where you hold X in certain places and so on, but it's all pretty simple from the look of things. Air combat not involving the web strike looks the same, although the launcher attack is X+A.

The web strike seems to be where it will shine though. You press Y to web someone and zip towards them, and then you press one of the other attacks buttons as you reach them to do varying attacks. So far I've bought about 3 or 4 options for the red suit and 2 for the black I think. Haven't quite figured out how one of them works though.

The opponents can counter the web strike too, so that they knock you flying as you zip in, so you can either cancel it or try to counter their counter with a precise button press (couldn't figure out how the hell to do that. Luckily, and also slightly disappointingly, mashing the button works most of the time).

It's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:47 am

Embarassed

Just noticed that building I was talking about had the word STARK written on it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:57 am

lol
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am

Moved on to the second act now. It's a fun game, glad I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:36 am

do you think you could replay it
or were the beinning missions boring?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Well the beginning missions was just swinging round the city beating up thugs and getting taught the controls basically. If you just did only what the missions needed and didn't bother with the optional stuff you could probably be through it in about 20 minutes.

And I've decided be good this first playthrough. Just feels natural.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:06 pm

yeah i generally prefer to help people if i can in games

cause its very easy to be a bastard comparatively

also if you fail at being good
you end up being bad anyway
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Combat with flying enemies is fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Well, have noticed some framerate and texture pop-in issues, but so far it's just because of how fast you can go. Down a long straight road you can build up some serious speed, to the point where you're travelling faster than the textures can keep up with. Twice now the game has stopped completely for about half a second to fill everything in before letting me carry on.

It's only those isolated circumstances though, and you have to try to do it really.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Well, it seems that optional missions do not go beyond fighting bad guys (although there are a variety of them and it is fun) and saving citizens who get injured is said fights. Which actually doesn't happen that much. And it can be very tricky, especially if they're caught in an explosion and you only have a short amount of time to lock on to them and save them. And with bad guys around locking on to the innocent people can be tough.

My good/bad meter swung from totally good to totally bad because of how many people I failed to rescue.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:42 pm

OSHI-

THIS GAME IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:33 pm

There's also the summon feature, where you can call people in to help you in a fight. You can call heroes if you're meter is on the good side, and villains if it's on the bad side. Haven't bothered with it though.

This game kind of reminds me Assassin's Creed. The combat elements are slowly introduced and built up, and once you get used to it it's pretty simple, but it looks cool and it's quite a bit of fun. Plus you've got a big city to swing around and climb all over, which is also simple, but again, it's fun. And I can spend a couple hours just swinging round and beating people up without realising it because for some reason time flies by fast when I'm playing this.

Replace the word "swing" with "run" and that's exactly my thoughts on Assassin's Creed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Wow, that sounds really sexy Moose. Hold me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:38 am

Getting into the symbiote invasion stuff now.

Combat with the red suit is so far a lot more fun, since it's more web based.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Fully into the invasion and the final part of the game now. When you first start to see the city like that it's a pretty cool sight. It's basically a zombie city at that point, with the odd SHIELD team or lone civilian driving around with symbiotes running after them.

And the Electro boss fight was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Heh, just realized something. Spider Man's variable web combos for the red suit web strike are the same as the tricks he had in Tony Kawks Pro Skater 2 (he was an unlockable character). I knew I'd seen then somewhere before.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, finished the game doing all the good stuff and using mainly the red suit. And I'd recommend it, especially to any SM fans. You've got to at least rent it. The gameplay is solid and pretty fun, especially if you utilise both suits to their fullest. The games biggest problem is that it could have used a few more months in development to iron out the glitches. Frame drops are very frequent in the 3rd act of the game (they're rare before that, but still happen sometimes). Enemies can get themselves stuck inside buildings and walls, which is annoying. I also had a few problems with holding stuff towards the end of the game. More than a few times the object I was carrying just vanished, and I had to go back and get another one. And once I couldn't put the object down. None of these are game breaking though, and I still enjoyed it. The boss fights, especially with the Vulture, are great.

Now I'm going to go through with the black suit and make all the bad choices to see how much difference it makes.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:22 am

How many times do you fight Venom?

ANd how was the fight with Symbiote Wolverine?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 pm

There's 3 Venom fights. The first is right at the start of the game as a kinf od tutorial. The second is about halfway through as the invasion starts. And the last one is at the end with the giant Venom thing.

And symbiote Wolverine was fun. Not the best boss fight. Vulture and Electro were better I thought.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm

awesome gotta get it
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:26 am

I'll be getting it next week if I make it to school all week.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 am

hopefully i'll get my PS3 during the christmas price drop
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Well, I just finished playing through with the black suit doing all the black choices, and I was a bit disappointed by how little difference it made, at least until the last parts of the game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)   Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider Man: Web of Shadows (360 version)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next