Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...

Go down 
+6
Dr. Chocolate
Haseoviawesome
Baal
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Empty
PostSubject: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:25 am

And it actually is kind of mediocre.

Last edited by SOK on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:57 pm

i never got round to playing the PS3 version i did hear it was a lot better

how does green goblin play?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I bought the 360 version. Didn't really like it to be honest, and I'm a huge Spidey fan.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Lo Spider-Man è un tipo abbastanza freddo.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Usted esta hablando realmente italiano O_O
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Naturalmente voi idiota.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Haseo ninguin idiota, tu idiota.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Continu aare pensare quello.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
i never got round to playing the PS3 version i did hear it was a lot better

how does green goblin play?

Well I barely played him since I got the regular version and you only play as him for the final battle against sandman(besides purchasing him from the Playstation Store). He seems fun to play with from what I gathered from the small portion of the last parts, but I wouldn't really bother getting him. =P
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:32 am

I play this on my PC & I find this game to be true pure awesomeness, best Spider-Man game ever & one of my all time favorite games.

To be honest; playing with Harry is great but the Sandman fight is sort of annoying because you need to bomb him too much, and the last button sequence pressing is annoying because the buttons sometime don't respond

Now that i have full use of controls on a controller for PC & PS2 I'm more satisfied because deactivating bombs is much more fun with it

The graphics are better here than they are in Spider-Man 2, people, buildings & the spidey suit are much better than two

The combat by far is the best I played for a Spider-Man game because I didn't play "Web of Shadows" yet
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:39 am

I like how when you complete crimes while playing Red n' Blue Suit Spidey, people wave and cheer like crazy for you. =P
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:15 am

I have a few more comments on this game:

1. It's great for people tired of Spider-Man games focused mostly-totally on symbiotes, Spider-Man wears it only in 8/42 missions and Venom is only around in one mission

2. You can save a few story missions for after defeating Venom: MJ thrill-ride 2& 3, DeWolf 2&3, Photo Missions, & Connors missions to cure the lizard-men. You can also save the out of story plots like the bank mission and to stop the chopper for after the end of the story

3. The best moves for the "Black Suited Spider-Man" are the Annihilator & ground beating, best special is "Ultimate Earth shaker", but against Kingpin specials are useless, beat him with regular attacks in rage mode

4. The music is great; best music for any Spider-Man game

5. Us PC gamers have the privilege of copying save files & reuse them later for selecting missions of our choice
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:34 am

^That save thing pretty much what us Ps3 users have anyways. One of the options in the save file parts is to copy our save files. =P
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:47 am

This is the game I finished the greatest number of times since I first played it in 2008, I finished it over 20 times (10 with the red, ten with black. I count next day reruns as different runs) and I still love it so much, after playing that overhyped offensive garbage with little service called WoS I even love this game more, loved the missions I disliked, last time I finished it with the red suit was yesterday

I prefer RE games, but this one generally has far more things to do, cause aside from the puzzles most of what you do in RE4 (which is my favorite game) is collect ammo and shoot beasts
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Well that's the last time I listen to Sora's opinion on a game. I got this for £5 and it's fucking awful. The camera is shit, the frame rate is shit, the swinging is shit, the combat is... okay, but basically it's shit. I popped in WoS afterwards because I hadn't played it for about a year, and it just plays so much better.

Yeah, WoS skimps on content, but the gameplay is so vastly improved that I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:23 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well that's the last time I listen to Sora's opinion on a game. I got this for £5 and it's fucking awful. The camera is shit, the frame rate is shit, the swinging is shit, the combat is... okay, but basically it's shit. I popped in WoS afterwards because I hadn't played it for about a year, and it just plays so much better.

Yeah, WoS skimps on content, but the gameplay is so vastly improved that I don't mind.

I'm thinking about getting Web of Shadows. How is it compared to Spider-Man 2?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:50 pm

WoS and SM3 are the only Spider-Man games I've played.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:27 pm

YOU TWO QUIT SPEAKING YOUR FREAKY GERMAN HERE.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Fuck, you have shit taste.

Zero wrote:
I'm thinking about getting Web of Shadows. How is it compared to Spider-Man 2?

Get it if it's really cheap. It's pretty lousy compared to Spidey 2 AND Spidey 3. All it ultimately had going for it was its combat system and fan-service, but the whole game is just a tedious chore with a blatant rushed story that leaves important events behind the scenes. It could have been so much more if it had some variety like the other games. And Moose is being a drama queen, camera and frame-rate issues are non-existent in SM3 whereas they're fairly apparent in WoS.

Last edited by SOK on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Let's be friends, Sora.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Kaio wrote:
Let's be friends, Sora.

Do I have to do anything?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well that's the last time I listen to Sora's opinion on a game. I got this for £5 and it's fucking awful. The camera is shit, the frame rate is shit, the swinging is shit, the combat is... okay, but basically it's shit. I popped in WoS afterwards because I hadn't played it for about a year, and it just plays so much better
One of my friends on spidermancrawlspace played both the PC and console ports, he said PC port doesn't suffer from the problems the PS3 version does, so apparently the 360 port suffers from. Swinging, frame rate & combat aren't bad, they are smooth, and I play it on PC
Camera? Why do people complain about the camera in this game? WoS has it worst, you don't suffer from being behind the camera in SM3 like it happens in WoS during a fight if your back is stuck to a wall, most of the games I played that aren't RPG's or Capcom made have the same camera issues as Spidey3, why does this game suffer from camera complaints?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Because the camera in SM3 is incredibly jerky and imprecise. You can't control it effectively.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:57 pm

What are you on about? You can control it just fine, it's about the same as any other Spidey game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 am

At what point in web of shadows was your back to a wall? It was a very offensive game i can't ever imagine that scenario happening.

Even on the off chance that scenario happened web zip fixes that in less then a second.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...   So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I finished Spider-Man 3's ps3 version of the game the other day...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next