Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)

Go down 
+14
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Charlie Sheen
brandon
Kaede
Dark Omega
Zero
Fran
Superbuu3
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Kaio
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:30 pm

DBZ episode 112

Japanese title: “Retrieve Everyone’s Minds!! The Ultra Holy Water Resting in the Temple”
English title: “Call For Restoration”

Spice: ...but remember Piccolo and Gohan hate each other. That hatred has been pent up in Piccolo for years.

WHO WROTE THIS SCRIPT, ALLOWED IT TO BE SPOKEN AND TO BE IN THE FINAL PRODUCT. BECAUSE HE NEEDS TO DIE.

Garlic Jr.: Eat my boot!

Eat my boot?

Eat my shorts.

Piccolo: Well I don’t think that’s gonna happen, garlic breath!

How lame. Mewmaster lame. >_>

Last edited by Roronoa Kaio on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 am

oh snap
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 pm

DBZ episode 113

Japanese title: “Can’t Wait Until Morning!! Kami-sama Determines a Suicidal Course of Action”
English title: “Suicidal Course”

The place where all the former Kamis are buried has a name in the original version: Shinsenkai.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm

DBZ episode 114

Japanese title: “A Battle of Extreme Measures!! Kami-sama Breaks the Covenant”
English title: “Extreme Measures”

Garlic Jr.: Come to big daddy Garlic!

Lame.

At the beginning of the episode dub Kami says he has trouble standing up and that he is too tired to move. This is dub only. Original Kami stays silent.

The former guardians stays quiet in the original version. In the dub he’s quite talkative.

Kami: Head for the hills!

I have to admit, I laughed a little after hearing this. Still a pretty bad line though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm

DBZ episode 115

Japanese title: “The Ultra Holy Water Worked!! The World Awakens From Its Nightmare”
English title: “The World Awakens”

Kami: You are nothing but a bunch of bullies! Just bullies I say! Hahahahahahaha!!!

This is your God, people.

In the original Kami threatens to fire Mr. Popo if he doesn’t release the Holy Water. LOL
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 116

Japanese title: “Gohan’s Brief Chance for Victory!! Blast the Makyo World...”
English title: “Brief Chance for Victory”

Garlic Jr.: How ‘bout a belly blast!!!

>_>

Kami: Well, I’ll be a green pointy-eared monkey’s uncle!

wut
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 117

Japanese title: “You’re My Guy... Kuririn – A 101st Proposal”
English title: “Krillin’s Proposal”

Krillin in regards to his problem with women: I wish Goku was here. He’d know what to do.

Seriously? The guy who thinks marriage is a food would know what to do? SERIOUSLY?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 pm

DBZ episode 118

Japanese title: “’That There is Earth, Papa...’ The Counter-Attack of Freeza, Father and Son”
English title: “Frieza’s Counterattack”

No mention of the fact that it’s now been one year since the events on Namek.

Time for a classic:

Yamcha: CAT LOVES FOOD YEAH YEAH YEAH

Love it.

But seriously, the line and the conversation that follows it are stupid, not to mention that part of the conversation about Vegeta (which is what they talk about in the original) is gone because of it.

Bulma: I’ve known Goku since he was 5.

No, you really didn’t.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 pm

DBZ episode 119

Japanese title: “’I Will Defeat Freeza...’ The Mysterious Youth Awaiting Goku”
English title: “The Mysterious Youth”

Krillin: No Gohan, I can smell him! I’ll never forget that stench!

Smell without a nose? I don’t think so.

Japanese Vegeta: I thought she was just a vulgar woman, but she’s got plenty of guts.
English Vegeta: It’s amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you’re an idiot!

Mentioning this, because when this famous dubline was made Vegeta was actually complimenting Bulma in the original.

Vegeta: Be quiet!! I’d rather Freeza’s scouter didn’t detect us because of your INCESSSANT JABBERING!!!

If there’s one person who’s going to be spotted because of incessant jabbering then it’s you, mr. Sabat.

Japanese Trunks: I have come to kill you.
English Trunks: Ah, so you must be Frieza...

I’m not writing this one down because I think it’s a horrible dubline, I’m writing this down because John Burgmeir, the scriptwriter, called the subline here a prime example of the corny dialogue that is splattered around throughout all of the original DBZ. And he made it his job to cool everything up like this little line here.

On a sidenote Burgmeir also said he wanted his mother to have the coolest lines in all of the series. His mother plays Freeza. Yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Kaio wrote:
On a sidenote Burgmeir also said he wanted his mother to have the coolest lines in all of the series. His mother plays Freeza.

Someone needs to ask their local psychiatrist what an Oedipus complex is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 pm

OSHI-

Wow, are you for serious?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Sarbud wrote:
Kaio wrote:
On a sidenote Burgmeir also said he wanted his mother to have the coolest lines in all of the series. His mother plays Freeza.

Someone needs to ask their local psychiatrist what an Oedipus complex is.

LOLLINDAHUNT
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Linda Hunt? GoW's narrator?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 am

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
Linda Hunt? GoW's narrator?
No. Oh shit I'm thinking of someone else. I thought Linda Hunt was Freeza's Funi VA. Don't know hwo I mixed them up.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

Linda Young. Okay. I mixed up Hunt with Young.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 am

lol, Burgmeier

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 am

I wouldn't say "Ah, so you must be Frieza." was a corny line but I admit, the way Eric Vale presented it, did sound cringe worthy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:03 pm

I never said "So you must be Frieza" was a corny line, it's Burgmeir who says that "I've come to kill you" is a corny line.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:38 pm

DBZ episode 120

Japanese title: “Freeza Halved By a Single Stroke!! Another Super Saiyan”
English title: “Another Super Saiyan?”

Freeza: Well, seems the little dog has some bite to go with his bark after all.

So glad you’re back, Freeza!

Tien: This powerlevel made Freeza seem like nothing!

This is said BEFORE Trunks goes SSJ (it’s said when he defeats Freeza’s men), so (supressed) base Trunks>>>(supressed) Freeza according to the dub.

Japanese Vegeta immediately knows Trunks is a saiyan, while dub Vegeta claims he has never sensed anything as strong as this. Vegeta sensed SSJ Goku on Namek though. Base Trunks>SSJ Goku>100 % Freeza.

I love you Funi.

Cold: What’s a Goku?

DevilKingBaal wrote:
...The king of Monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:57 pm

DBZ episode 121

Japanese title: “’Heya!! It’s Been a While...’ Son Goku Returns”
English title: “Welcome Back Goku”

In the dub everyone has to wait 2 hours till Goku arrives and in the original it’s 3 hours.

Japanese Vegeta: All saiyans are blackhaired.

The funny thing about this line is that not even 10 seconds before this line was said, Toei drew Vegeta with brown hair.

loltoei

Trunks doesn’t say how old he is in the dub. He’s 17 if you didn’t know already.

Tien: Is his shoe size a secret too?!
Yamcha: Yeah! Why can’t I have a secret name?! That’s not fair! I bet you have a secret spy decoder ring too!

This is how you rape characters.

Krillin: I hope he has some airbags in that baby!
Yamcha: What? To protect the ship from Goku’s head?!
Tien: Yeah, really!

U GAIS R SO FUNI!!1!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:58 pm

DBZ episode 122

Japanese title: “’My Dad is Vegeta...’ Admissions of the Mysterious Youth”
English title: “Mystery Revealed”

In the dub it is said that IT is moving at the speed of light. This is wrong because IT is just that, instant. What’s also wrong is that Goku knows how fast lightspeed is.

Kudos to Funi for being very accurate with Trunks’s story. Everything is correct, from the androids’ day of arrival to the exact point of where they will first appear. Too bad 9 kilometres =/= 9 miles. You tried though, Funi.

Goku acts as if he knew Gero already in the dub. Cute.

In this episode it can be assumed Trunks is 18 in the dub. First he says that he was born 1 year before the androids attack. Then he says Gohan was killed 13 years after the androids killed the Z senshi. Then he says it’s been 4 years since that. 1+13+4=18.

After Trunks leaves Vegeta gets upset over that he needs to be a super saiyan too. In the original he gets upset because he doesn’t want to die in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:58 pm

DBZ episode 123

Japanese title: “Goku’s New Finishing Technique!? ‘Watch My Instantaneous Movement’”
English title: “Goku’s Special Technique”

According to dub Vegeta 3 years is too short a time to find the dragonballs, make a wish and find Gero’s hideout after that. What he said in the original was that he’s going to kill anyone who even dares to try making that wish.

Nigra Krillin: Cool it, Gohan! You rippin’ my style!

lolol
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 pm

DBZ episode 124

Japanese title: “I Will Overcome Goku!! The King of the Saiyan Warrior Race”
English title: “Z Warriors Prepare”

No wrongdoing in this episode. But that happens alot in filler episodes for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 pm

DBZ episode 125

Japanese title: “License Mastery? Goku’s Newest Trial”
English title: “Goku’s Ordeal”

Piccolo: Fish again?! That’s all we’ve had for 2 weeks straight!

Nameks don’t eat. Piccolo is a Namek. Piccolo doesn’t eat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 12:09 am

moar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next