Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Have you given up on getting Gjallarhorn?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 pm

I've given up on doing activities specifically for it, yes. As I have most exotics now, a lot of the "better" Nightfall rewards are duplicates anyway, those that aren't are typically legendary tier weapons with a mish-mash of perks.

Do I still wish for it every time I open a raid chest, or beat a boss? Yes. As I said before, RNG hates me. I know everyone thinks it, but in my case its true. I've still yet to receive any of the primary raid weapons from even VoG, despite numerous hard clearances and many on my team receiving duplicates, and Crota's not been much more forthcoming (though I haven't yet actually beaten HM Crota).

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:26 pm

there's a lot of things I don't have yet. I'm not bothered with it anymore. I still kind of want Suros Regime...but I do have Hard Light now which seems to be quite good, it just really needs that Stability upgrade that it has before I will consider it great though. I still prefer my Up For Anything for now.

I've been playing and enjoying a lot more crucible lately, might actually go for one of the Vanguard crucible weapons, I have Do Gooder V already on my hunter, but the other one seems like one I would want.

I'm also leveling Dead Orbit on my hunter and New Monarchy on my Warlock in hopes of getting those Auto-Rifles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Tried - in vain - to solo Crota's End earlier with my hunter. I simply couldn't past Ir Yut (or more specifically the mob of majors around her!). On the plus side, I did pick up some more raid gauntlets. On there own, they're not great but I did break them down to get the radiant shards I needed to hit level 32.

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 am

Xur finally has Suros available, the one gun i've been wanting.

Cant wait to get home and get it..
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 pm

He's sold it before, but it's not the weapon it once was. Still the best auto rifle in the game? Yes, probably, but the recent nerf has auto rifles in a bad place right now. Hopefully they'll get a slight buff again in the future.

He's also selling The Armamentarium, a really highly coveted Titan chest piece. My new Titan is currently 28, and I'll be picking that up for certain.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:42 pm

yeah, i know, but i couldn't buy it back then cause I wasn't leveled enough to do Nightfalls and get enough coins.

Also, I get kind of annoyed how people keep bringing up the nerf to the auto-rifles, what makes them bad? like really, I don't see it, I can still kick butt with them, if the nerf is really so bad, I imagine I'd be a god at this then if they weren't nerfed?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 pm

The damage reduction was massive. Suros used to do something like 45 damage per head shot in PvP, then it got knocked down to 37, now after the latest nerf its 31. It's had a 33% damage reduction. PvE wise, high impact Auto rifles, like Suros, were hit hard. My Vanquisher VIII used to hit for 353 critical damage in PvE, now it does 303. That's a 13.5% damage reduction. Coupled with the buff to pulse rifles in the same patch, and there's no comparison any more; they've basically traded places. Auto rifles simply take much longer than any other primary weapon class to down an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:30 pm

really digging the Monte Carlo as well.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:45 pm

I've got a maxed Monte Carlo, though I haven't used it since the AR nerf. The main perk is actually really, really good (precision hits reduce cooldown of your melee ability and will sometimes instantly recharge it), but the weapon is the high rate-of-fire, low-impact archetype which really isn't my thing. In terms of auto rifles, it's no Suros. (I noted your Suros in use whilst taking on Valus earlier!)
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:15 pm

I think I might prefer it over the suros in the end actually, not sure yet, depends on the upgrades. the only thing about Suros that I'm not totally fond of is that it fires slower, and you can't skip the upgrade that makes it fire even slower if you're aiming. (don't have it yet so can't really comment) but that's not really my thing, but it's a great gun and I love it so far.

We'll see how it goes, but for comparison, if you've ever played COD, I'm the kind of guy that'll run around with an SMG (which has a high ROF on it's own) with rapid fire as an add-on slapped on top of it, that just suits me better than slower firing guns.

I'm starting to love Hard Light as well, gave it to my Hunter now, if I can just get that stability upgrade, it'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Hard Light is one of my favourite guns on the game. It may not be the quickest way to kill something but it looks and sounds great, and it handles beautifully. Not quite as stable as Suros, but it still feels great in the hand. It's one of my go-to weapons for running bounties or patrols.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 am

Just got Thunderlord from Nightfall. Pretty happy with that, though comparing its stats to my Jolders Hammer reveals how close they are - Jolders has higher impact, Thunderlord counters with marginally higher rate of fire, stablity, range and reload speed.

Perk wise, my Jolders rolled with Rodeo (which means that any recoil is basically just straight up and easily manageable), whereas Thunderlord fires faster if the trigger is held down longer and triggers occasional arc related firefly-type effects. Once Thunderlord is levelled it will be interesting to see if it does enough to warrant using over Jolders.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Incidentally, I was using my trusty Shadow Price to run the Nightfall with Sly earlier, and I think I've come to the painful realisation that it may be time to bid the weapon farewell and dismantle it. It's an old 300 attack auto-rifle, with Reactive Reload (reloading after a kill grants bonus damage) and glass half full (bottom half of mag increases damage), and it also rolled with perfect balance (which takes the stability to max) or field scout (increases clip from 25 to 42 rounds).

It was just about the perfect companion in Destiny's infancy, it was my first legendary weapon, the first one I fully levelled up, at a time when auto rifles where king and that attack value guaranteed maximum damage against any foe. PvE? Field scout gives a very usable magazine size. PvP? That perfect balance-enhanced stability meant it was like a laser beam, very little recoil and easy to chain headshots. Problem is that it now doesn't do enough damage to reliably take down a tier 2 enemy without putting the whole clip into them, and the damage reduction in PvP means that you're outgunned by most pulse rifles and handcannons. It's utterly useless in Crota's End, and with HoW around the corner I'm thinking its high time to cash it in for some energies.

Tears may be shed.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:19 am

shouldn't have gotten rid of it Simian, I'm reading things that there might be upgrades for older weapons with the new expansion.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:01 pm

I couldn't bring myself to do it. Looks like that may have been a good decision!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Yay, vault space!

Yay, finally got Oversoul Edict to drop from the Abyss!
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm

got Radiant Dance Machines from the Nightfall. did it three times, also got a legendary rocket launcher that I scrapped, and got another Up For Anything, but with different perks than the one I had, so holding on to that as well.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 11:01 pm

Just did a full run of Crotas End, and got another Suros, another Hawkmoon, Raid boots, gloves and chest, and finally had Black Hammer drop. I've had a really good few days for drops, surely my Gjallarhorn will be along shortly...?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 3:03 pm

I don't know what Bungie did to the PvP, but auto-rifles are even worse it seems. can't get anything done with them anymore... they forced me to swith to my Vex really. and I'm sticking with that till my Last Word is upgraded, cause in its non-upgraded state there's not much to it either.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Auto-rifles have been awful since patch before last.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:17 pm

yeah, but I could still make a difference with it and end up with a positive K/D, that just ain't happening anymore.

Anyways, switched to Vex as I said and getting K/D's and scores I've never gotten before so likely sticking with that till my last word is upgraded
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Thorn and Red Death have been my PvP mainstays, but I am looking forward to finally giving the Vex a try!
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 5:17 pm

these are my stats from the last 20 games or so, think it's obvious when I started using the Vex Very Happy

Destiny - Page 35 Stats10
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah, I really need to try it. Just tried using it a strike though, and it absolutely rinses through ammo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 35 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next