Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 10:28 pm

That's a free exotic shard if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 am

Golden Boy wrote:
I "cheesed" the first chest of Crota's raid and I got my second No Land Beyond. Crime never pays.

Funny, it got me a Dragon's Breath.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:46 am

D_Winds wrote:
Golden Boy wrote:
I "cheesed" the first chest of Crota's raid and I got my second No Land Beyond. Crime never pays.

You must've been lurking hardcore not even 50 posts and you've been here 7 years.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
D_Winds wrote:
Golden Boy wrote:

You must've been lurking hardcore not even 50 posts and you've been here 7 years.

Every few months I look through my list of favorites and think "Let's see what's here." Few times I've felt inclined to post. no comment
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Bought a couple of chest pieces from Xur; Lucky Raspberry for my Hunter and Starfire Protocol for Warlock. Thing is, I'm now completely out of strange coins so I need to pull my finger out and get the remaining two of my characters to run the Weekly. Otherwise, Xur is guaranteed to sell Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn next week.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:37 pm

I don't think Bungie is going to let every player possess the most wanted and OP weapons in the game for 13 strange coins.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:39 pm

They already have three times, it's pure RNG just like everything else in the game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
I don't think Bungie is going to let every player possess the most wanted and OP weapons in the game for 13 strange coins.

Weapons are usually seventeen strange coins, and both weapons have already been sold, albeit in the games earlier days when not many people realised just how good those two were.

Case in point, did a bit of the Weekly on my level 28 hunter earlier, made it to Valus and my Efrideets Spear was doing 2.5-3.5k per headshot. Good damage, but Valus is a bullet sponge, and it took multiple special ammo packs to sustain it. IB wouldn't need that. I also died foolishly, got him down to a sliver and started getting aggressive in chasing the kill at which point he launched a salvo of rockets at me which I dodged but still died from the splash damage. If I'd had Gjallarhorn, I daresay two or three heavy ammo packs would have been enough to down him as well. Dragon's Breath and Truth are pretty strong, but nothing hits as hard as Gjallarhorn.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Saved up enough Crucible marks to get a vendor weapon, and they all look a little meh. Well, with one exception; The Saterienne Rapier. It's got Outlaw for really quick reloads, it's got very high stats across the board, it has Hammer Forged, Armour Piercing Rounds, and it has Firefly. Basically, head shot a tier 1 enemy and the explosion will damage everything else around him.

It's pretty neat.

Better than Vision of Confluence? Well, I still don't have that sadly, so it's tough for me to say. General consensus seems to be that TSR will hit harder most of the time, based on the 331 attack value versus VoCs 300, but VoCs solar damage will of course have a greater effect on solar shields and during solar burn events.

I also managed to level up Starfire Protocol, one of the new Warlock exotics that Xur has sold the last couple of weeks. I'm torn to be honest. In PvP, Voidfang Vestments is still my go-to. Always having grenade energy on spawn is simply too good to pass up, but in PvE that's far less useful as you (in theory!) die far less often. The selling point of Starfire is that it lets you have two fusion grenades without having to spec in to Gift of the Sun (which surely every Sunsinger does.) It only works with Fusion grenades though, not with Firebolt or Solar grenades, and given that Fusion Grenades will generally one-shot most enemies there seems little point in then speccing into the perk that allows those grenades to ignite their victim and inflict damage-over-time. It's useful against some bosses, for instance Phogoth in a level 26 ROC (roc?) strike took around 3k damage from each grenade, and using Viking Funeral he took a further 500-odd points from burn damage, which is not to be sniffed at.
It comes specced for intellect, which essentially maxes it, meaning your passive super renegeration is pretty high, and the armour also looks really good. Perhaps not quite as good as Praxic Fire, another exotic that still eludes me, but it's guaranteed to get other players in the tower stopping and checking you out.

Practically though, I think I'd still rather have the Claws of Ahamkara. Two fusion grenades with tick damage is nice against bigger, tankier enemies, but they're few and far between. Most cases, I'd rather stick with Gift of the Sun and use the claws to have two grenades and two melee options stored. Having two Flame Shields is a great get-out-of-jail card if you're getting overwhelmed in end-game PvE content and can also save your arse in PvP.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 pm

It's situational, of course, but... eighteen Nova Bombs in two minutes? I really, really need Obsidian Mind.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Iron Banner will be back tomorrow. Lord Saladin will have the upgraded handcannon and the rocket launcher, as well as level 32 gauntlets. I already have the raid's gloves and I couldn't care less about the RL so I'm a bit disappointed.

As for the warlock's exotics, I think with the exception of Obsidian Mind they are pretty lackluster. Also, Obsidian Mind isn't as useful as you may think; the nova bomb isn't usually strong enough to oneshot enemies with yellow bars or non-void shields even in level 26 roc strikes. Sunsinger is way better in PvE despite the bad exotics.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:30 pm

I'll check the weaponry before making a decision about whether or not to throw myself into IB like I did last time. I can hopefully re-roll my Peruns Fire into something a bit better this time as well.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:30 pm

I wish Future War Cult would be disbanded. I keep getting their shitty weapons from Nightfall.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 9:10 pm

I got two of their Scout Rifles week before last (both were pretty good actually, with One-in-the-Chamber and Third Eye), and two Dead Orbit auto rifles last week. Haven't run it this week, though did run the Weekly three times yesterday to get my strange coin collection back up to a more respectable level. Xur better have something good for me...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 am

Goddammit, another legendary scout rifle. Final Round and Thrid Eye aren't bad perks, but I've got scout rifles coming out of my ears at the moment. The other two in my fireteam got exotics as well. Bah.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Huh, just got my first exotic from Iron Banner, despite being on the losing team. I've seen Hawkmoon, Last Word and Patience and time drop previously, but what do I get? Universal Remote. Bah. Still, it's one I didn't have so I'll add it to the collection.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Xur is selling Ice Breaker and Obsidian Mind. Good job I saved those coins.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 pm

What the hell, I cleared Nightfall with my Titan and got the same FWC machine gun again.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 5:59 pm

I got two of the same auto rifle last week and two of the same scout rifle the week before, though the perkswere slightlydifferent on each .  Need to get some new exotic gear for my hunter.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Ran the Nightfall with my Hunter. She's only level 28, so it was tough, but my reward was well worth it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 pm

finally played the DLC...wasn't much of worth.

I only need to do the raid still, which I'm probably never going to be able to, as I'm level 28, and it's a level 30 Raid.. and no way that I'm gonna grind anymore to be able to level up.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:42 pm

You're not missing much. Crota's End is quite easier and less interesting than the Vault. If the RNG didn't hate me, I'd have reached level 32 and solo'd it already. I've gotten the raid gloves six times, the chest once and I'm still missing the freaking boots.
Also, I ran the nightfall twice and got coins again. I can't even remember when was the last time I had to do the weekly heroic for coins.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm

the only thing I genuinely still want is an Exotic auto-rifle. but I'm short of coins to be able to buy one if Xur would be selling one..
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Second Nightfall, got Ascendant Energies. Crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 29 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next