Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Kaio
Baal
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Now that I've a vague idea of what most cards' effects are, I feel the best are:

Ki Perfect Control
+ greatly reduces attacks' energy cost
- cannot use super (as a combo breaker mainly)

This card is good for characters that rely on special moves and don't regenerate energy fast enough (so healers and probably LSSJ Broly and FF Cooler the way Sora spams plays). Ki Super Control and Energy Absorption cards are better options if your character isn't a complete meter whore.

Eternal Regeneration
+ your health recovers slowly
- completely destroys your speed

Characters who want to stay away from enemies (ki blasters) or have IT or a teleport move make best use of this card.

Prince of Saiyans
+ increases stats about 40% in the air

Godly card, especially if you're using a ki blast character. Demon King is the ground version, but you're fighting mostly in the air.

Z-sword
+ huge attack increase
- cannot use the teleport-step

I don't have this yet, but sounds great for ki blasters, teleporters and tanks like Broly and #16.

Sparkling Body
+ super armor
- about 40% less max health

Amazing effect, but at a high cost. Powerful special attacks will drop your character dead faster than taking a full combo would have if you're not careful.

Ultimate Body
+ increases the user's defense

Barrier Body should have the same effect based on its description. I don't know which is better, but I definitely prefer the card with Ultimate Gohan on it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 am

Golden Boy wrote:
FF Cooler the way Sora spams plays).

Said the Gotenks spammer.

Also, can you host next time? The reason why your Porunga card doesn't work is because you have to be the leader of the room. I've gotten a little bored of hosting since, being the PP grinding cards carrier and all, I'm relegated to playing as the healer.

Of course, if your PP has been capped like mine, then we can just do away with the PP farming altogether now till we need more again.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 am

At least my Gotenks doesn't disrupt others' combos!
I've got ~550,000 PP at the moment. I'll probably need a bit more in order to buy this weekly collection and Z-sword/Satan cards.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:07 am

How many premium cards do you still need?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Five.
Shenron's glare, Barrier Body, +100 energy, Z-sword and the one with Satan and Bee (that was the dog's name, right?). Iirc, Z-sword costs 200,000 and Satan 150,000 PP.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Basically I still need 300k PP at most (and 7 hours of mission mode for the platinum).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:06 pm

I hope we'll have more surprise golden line-ups so I don't have to wait a few weeks for those three missing 100+ cards I still need.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:55 am

Both golden weeklies I've seen since I got the game had the same cards. (Porunga, +100 card..)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Fucktastic.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 am

I got the platinum. Eat your heart out Sora.

SSj3 Gotenks equipped with Z-sword and Prince of Saiyans does ridiculously high damage. I could kill mission 59 Beerus in less than 30 seconds. It sucks though if he gets knocked down by a ki blast or special attack as it takes forever to get up again...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:56 am

Pssh, you got a head start with the cards. I gotta wait like 2 more weeks for the rest of mine. Grrr...

I was unable to hop on for a while due to some computer issues. Did I miss any special different golden week update during the past few days, or did it change right to the Z-Sword/Mr Satan/Melee set right away and I didn't skip over anything?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 pm

No, it was the Porunga set again and I believe it changed to the Z-sword today.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Goodie. With all that horrible, stressful bullcrap I had to go through recently, least I didn't miss mah DBZ CARDZ. With Z-Sword in hand, we'll be GODS NOW.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Prince of the Saiyans and Demon King shouldn't increase the attack stats. Or at least they shouldn't stack with each other or the Z-sword. The attack increase is so great that it makes most other card combos pointless; everything dies way too fast.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:40 am

Time sure flies fast. A new title for the ps3, 360, and the ps4(so probably a port for that one).

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Dbzgame2

Doesn't look BoZ-esque.

Judging from that dopey looking amalgam of DBZ characters(seriously, Piccolo's cape over Trunks' jacket????) watching Goku and Vegeta's fight in the top image, it seems that character creation is in this upcoming title by... whoever the fuck. While those Freeza and Cell battle images look reminiscent of Burst Limit, everything else looks eerily Spike-ish.

Also, what's up with them stages, eh? Is your CAC dude going to be some Mary Sue abomination who goes back in time and interferes with the story in numerous eras like in DBO? What a prick.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:37 am

They should just make BT4 already.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:50 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
They should just make BT4 already.

Raging Blast is BT4 and it(and its sequels) sucked dragon balls.

If you mean you want a game that reused the original BT assets and mechanics, then that would be Tenkaichi Tag Team for the PSP. Ask Kaio how that turned out, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:53 am

I forgot how it turned out. I actually forgot it existed at one point.

They need to make Infinite World 2 or Shin Budokai 3.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:32 am

Kaio wrote:
Shin Budokai 3.

If Dimps was kept around and they had continued the Burst Limit games, its sequels would essentially be the culmination of what was established in the SB series and the original BL. I would have liked seeing that(even though I do prefer the Budokai/IW style). Burst Limit may have stopped at the Cell saga, but that was because Dimps was focusing on the polishing up the gameplay with what little time they must have had instead of just throwing in a crapload of rushed content. It's a flawed title from what I can recall, but at least it didn't seem broken unlike Spike's RB series. Just poor design choices and dumb ideas implemented like those drama pieces and the way ki was handled, which all would have surely been changed in later installments, as well as adding the remaining Buu arc stuff.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 am

So it's called DB Xenoverse and it really is being made by Dimps. Hurray!

I'm a little disappointed it isn't more like their Budokai or SB/BL style of gameplay, but at least there's a chance it'll be a polished and fun game. Seeing Dimps try their hand at a fighter akin to the Tenkaichi series makes me laugh. It'll be hilarious if the gameplay winds up utterly dwarfing Spike's work.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Xenoverse? What a weird title.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:23 am

Clearly that new guy doesn't want to just mess with time, but multiverses too, the bastard.

Even though it's unlikely, I hope they use a new game-only villain given how they're establishing that new story and mysterious city.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:36 am

Perhaps the new guy is from another universe, and therefore it makes the main universe 'xeno' to him.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 am

Maybe the universe with the time-themed city is the Xenoverse.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh, hey. Moose's favourite character is back and is taking center stage.

Spoiler:

I'm sure some fans were just kidding when they said Time Patrol Trunks from the now dead DB MMORPG should be involved somehow. Funny that he actually will be. It's probably unlikely that it would happen but it'd be neat if they could use more DBO-related stuff. Just go all out with some ludicrous new story based on all that time travel stuff and new antagonists from that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next