Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Empty
PostSubject: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

seriously, I think this deserves a topic, even if it's just a demo that got announced at GamesCom and we know nothing more about it other than that I played it (or part of it).

it's like a puzzle horror game I think, you're pretty much in the same hallway the entire time, you run through it, do one or two things and exit the door at the other end, which actually puts you back at the beginning again, so you go through it again, and do something else. and it gets creepier the further you get into it. from what I gather from other people, it actually does take quite some effort to figure out what to do later on, so it is like a genuine puzzle game too. haven't seen anyone yet who's actually finished the demo.

haven't finished it yet, cause I'm kind of stuck as well, but I did record part of it, so for those of you that don't really wanna download it, you can see it (and hear me) in the video below. I even suggest it if you just want to hear me genuinely scream for once Very Happy . also, I apologise for saying "oh my god" so much, i did not know I said it that much till after having reviewed the playthrough again..

Graphics look pretty damn good too I think, and the sound design is brilliant. i think it's really good, and really intriguing too, there's not many truly good horror games that make you feel nervous these days, but this is definitely on the right track. Especially as it's combining horror and puzzles, and it makes you think about what to do, and because it makes you think, you start wandering around, which is a brilliant way to make you feel nervous, cause you feel like something might be happening at any point.

anyways, just have a look if you're interested:

EDIT:

also, here's the actual trailer for it

Last edited by Eevil-Psycho on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Empty
PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Out of curiosity what are you using to record your sound?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Blue Snowball Mic, why?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 pm

No reason really, it's just obviously not whatever you were using when we played Destiny.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 pm

yeah, I got a dedicated mic for my youtube stuff (or when i talk to you guys on Mumble), for PS4, i still use the one that came with it, cause it's got an ear piece and a mic.

but I'm gonna upgrade for PS4 as well at some point in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:37 pm

HOLY FUCK

news is, that P.T. stands for Playable Trailer and it's another one of Kojima's pranks, it's going to be a game by him and Guillermo Del Toro, quite possibly a Silent Hill game even.

supposedly if you finish the game, it'll be revealed.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 am

I like that at about 3 mimnutes you decide to back up in the corner and look around as though your inability to do anything but to turn is going to protect you.

Does anything actually happen? I lost patience to watch through, but i'm sure i'd find that creepy as it does that whole thing of making you think somehting is about to happen i.e. like silent hill 2 which is always really unsettling.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 am

something does happen. apparently it's random too, cause other people haven't had it happen or had it happen at another point. + it can happen multiple times.

skip to about 15 minutes in if you're curious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro   P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

P.T. Horror game teaser/ UPDATE: it's a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro
Page 1 of 1