Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Kaio
Baal
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Just found out that you can mash super as you're being hit and it'll break their combo. Not that great as the supers have long start-ups though. Pretty funny nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:41 pm

So I encountered a guy online who was playing with Vegeta and using the best set of cards. Base stats may not matter after all as the best cards give a huge +100 bonus and the characters don't have an equal amount of card slots (for balancing reasons probably) which will hurt a lot the characters without retries in the Normal Battle Mode. For example, SSJ2 Goku has 50,000 and 550 max health and attack respectively and a retry; SSJ3 Goku has 45,000 hp, 700 attack, but 0 retries. Nappa and Recoome will be extremely annoying with a total of ~200k health counting their 2 retries.

There is a special card that's seriously OP and I expect everyone to be using it as it grants Super Armor status to the characters (what the hell). At least item slots are locked for Battle mode, so no ultimates allowed there.

And there's a card with Kid Buu in that pose above. Grr.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 pm

So is anyone else getting this game? Kaio?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm always getting these dumb games. When is the release?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 am

EU: 24th
US: 28th
AUS: 31st
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Got my copy today. Mission mode is unexpectedly good, especially the boss fights. I completed the Saiyan saga and my favorite battle so far was team of villains vs Goku spamming Kaioken while screaming "Kaioken x4, I hope my body can take it!". The mission where you have to fight 100 Saibamen was awful though. Longest 15 minutes of my life.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 am

THis game is gonna be 30 bucks next week on the vita so i will be purchasing it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 am

I had to beat 150+ Freeza soldiers to complete another terrible mission. What's next, 200 Cell Juniors...?

My favorite characters so far are scouter Vegeta and Freeza 4th form. Spamming never felt so satisfying before.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:09 am

There should be a mission where you have to kill 500 Krillin clones.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:17 am

Or 1000 Yamchas.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 am

Actually, there is a mission where you've to kill 3 Piccolos and 3 Krillins.

My thoughts on characters I got to try:

Nappa
+ very high hp and 2 retries, unblockable rush attack, a special for blocking unblockables
decent damage
- very slow

Vegeta
+ very spammable ki shots, builds meter fast for ki blasts or special ki spam move
- okay damage overall from ki attacks, but low melee one

Burter
+ super fast movement, fast and long-range special rush attack (dunno if it's safe), 2 retries
special that forces opponents to lock on him
- quite low damage output, super-long basic attack combo
He basically can't deal any significant damage, but he's great for interrupting enemies and reviving teammates.

SSJ Goku
+ much better stats than Goku, especially melee damage, unblockable rush like him
His second special is a melee string

Freeza 4th form
+ strong ki shot/blast character with high ki damage, slow but homing unblockable shot that stuns, awesome stance

SSJ Vegeta
+ better stats than Vegeta
- instead of Vegeta's instant ki spam special he has one where he charges ki and releases multiple shots at once when you stop holding it

IIRC, I got a special intro when I used the Ginyu team.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 am

So does everything still feel fun and interesting as you progress through the story with different characters despite the simple combat or does it get a bit stale? Also, are the giant boss fights fun as tits?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:53 pm

SOK wrote:
So does everything still feel fun and interesting as you progress through the story with different characters despite the simple combat or does it get a bit stale?

Definitely. There is a decent variety in the missions (kill an absurd amount of enemies, boss fights, oozaru fights, new enemies appearing, some gimmicks, etc.)

Quote :
Also, are the giant boss fights fun as tits?

There are fun and pretty challenging. Unless you're using a ki blast character as they can sit back and spam blasts without having to worry much if you bring a healer (to be fair you still have to make sure your teammates won't die though, otherwise it's game over if you ran out of retries).

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the enemy AI in one of the last missions I played. They ganged up on me as Freeza, so I couldn't spam them, and they co-ordinated very well so they were able to do impressive combos. For example,

Saibaman A did to me the basic melee combo canceled into guard to extend it with another melee combo. Then Saibaman B joined in the beating and they ended the combo with a synchro rush.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Just bought this game.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

They worked two years on this and they couldn't even include a practice mode? I had no idea what I was doing in the Raditz battle aside from the most basic stuff I learned in the half-assed tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 pm

L1
block, only unguardable moves break it (last move of melee strings -which is super slow and you have time to attack before it comes out-, certain specials, supers)

L1 + direction (you can be holding L1  to block and mash the directions)
teleport, much, much safer than dashing to move, use it to avoid unblockables or close the distance

L2
Super 1

R1
Enemy Lock-on, do it while blocking of course

R2
Special 2

Left stick
Movement

Left stick + X
dash (kinda useless because teleport is superior in every way)

Right Stick
Switch targets

Right stick (press it)
Lock-on teammates

- while locked-on teammates you can:
a) share ki (L1+O)
b) revive teammates (in melee range + Triangle)
c) heal them (with a special move)

Square
fly upwards

X
descend

Triangle
Melee combo, last hit is very slow, cancel into a special or guard to extend your combos

L1 + Triangle (uses meter + punishable on block or whiff)
Initiates Meteor rush, basically has two uses:
a) instantly invincible, it'll interrupt almost everything
b) builds the genki/energy bar

O
Ki shots (ki blast characters have the best)

L1 + O (uses meter, safe)
Ki blasts (invincible like the rush, has good tracking for an anti-teleport strategy), ki blast characters have the best

Super
can be done even if you're being hit, very slow

Synchro Rush
Occurs when 2 or more players combo the same enemy, invincibility and builds meter

Knockdown
Opponent doesn't take damage in this state

Genki bar
Filling it increases maximum ki bar limit, gives full ki and temporary invincibility bonuses (red auras)

Ki bar
If you ran out you can't do anything so be careful

I think that covers everything.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 pm

How do you use/equip cards like the Master Shen and Goku cards?

EDIT: nvm
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Either the missions get genuinely hard or I'm terrible at this game.

With some help from the special cards I managed to complete Buu saga, so now I can use any character I've unlocked for any mission.
I noticed that you're awarded with special bonus points for killing the enemies in a specific order or before an event happens. Those are needed to trigger the energy request sequence, and receive the premium points for the store, and to get a high score, and unlock new characters. I replayed and S-ranked the first 50 missions, which is the third highest rank, and I'm still missing Cell Jr., SSJ Kid Trunks, SSJ Goten, SSJ3 Gotenks and Buuhan.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm stuck at the mission where Cell becomes perfect. My team doesn't listen to my commands and they keep getting killed off.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Fuck partner AI in this game. I was playing the final mission where you've to kill every character (except for giants and Beerus and Whis) and I was doing okay. I got to Super Vegito and I was very close to beating him but he knocked down a teammate and the other two were just standing there doing nothing while I was comboing Vegeto. I ran out of retries and I lost.

I also can't win mission 58 because there are ring-outs in this one and the idiots can't stay in the ring.

SOK and Kaio co-op with me!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Kaio wrote:
I'm stuck at the mission where Cell becomes perfect. My team doesn't listen to my commands and they keep getting killed off.

The one with 16, 17 and 18 too? If you kill Cell before 18, he won't become perfect.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:26 pm

My thoughts on characters' effectiveness for mission mode that I've played:

All characters from Saiyan and Freeza saga are bad. Most of them come with two retries, but their stats are too lackluster. Recoome and Nappa are the only two I'd consider using because they have a decent attack stat and very high health. 1st and final form Freezas aren't bad, but there are better characters with similar play styles.
Freeza 100% is one of the worst as he has the least card slots and 0 retries.

Android saga characters are decent. 18 might be overall the best healer in the game (she has a retry!). 17, 16 and Super Trunks aren't bad at all either.

Buu saga characters are great. SSj2 Goku is clearly better than Goku and SSj Goku for the same amount of retries (1); he's invincible during his first special which is a spammable melee combo and instant transmission is great for saving fallen teammates. Majin Vegeta is almost the same. He only lacks the IT.
SSj2 Gohan is my healer of choice, but that's because I love the character. He's truly good, but he has 0 retries.
Ultimate Gohan is one of the strongest melee characters and he's well-balanced in general. His first special is a very fast, invincible long-range attack, great for punishing from far or making ki blast characters cry. Counterattack is kinda useless. 0 retries.
SSj3 Goku has the highest attack, same special as Gohan and IT, but less health. 0 retries.
Super Buu is probably the best ki blast character with 1 retry.
SSj3 Gotenks and Buuhan are the most powerful ki blast characters, but they have no retries and not much health. Gotenks is better offensively, but the Buus can heal.
Dabura and Kid Buu are good too, but their specials aren't as useful as I expected.

Still haven't unlocked Cell Jr. and someone else (God Goku?) and I haven't tried the movie characters. I've been using Ultimate Gohan, SSj2 Gohan (the healer), SSj2 Goku and Majin Vegeta as my main team so far, but I'll be probably replacing  Gohan with 18.

I wonder if Cell Jr. is unlocked by clearing with a high rank mission 58. SSj Goten and Trunks and Buuhan were locked in the extra missions after Buu saga (which are very hard, but give great cards). I also wonder if the +100 cards can only be acquired from the store once every week. If that's the case, it'll take like a year to collect a full set.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Can you play as Mr. Satan?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Hercule isn't playable.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm

What a terrible game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next