Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Kaio
Baal
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 pm

master roshi?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Kaio wrote:
I'm stuck at the mission where Cell becomes perfect. My team doesn't listen to my commands and they keep getting killed off.

The one with 16, 17 and 18 too? If you kill Cell before 18, he won't become perfect.

He has a shitload of HP.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Are you guys into old men?

Some people online told me that Junior and God Goku are unlocked from stages 58 and 60 respectively.
Also +100 cards and some others can only be bought from the store which updates once every week. Crap.
To make matters worse, some items can only be bought from the random choice option. Co-op seems to be the way to go for amassing PP as it awards 2-3 times the normal amount.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Are you guys into old men?
Why? Think you're in with a chance?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Can you progress the game through co-op missions?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:15 am

Yes.
I run into 3 intelligent players and we completed the three final missions.
The Beerus and SSj3 Goku players were doing most of the killing with the high attack stats and offensive specials, I, as SSj2 Gohan, handled close-range healing, did some killing and emergency reviving, and an android 18 player with a smart setup (the card that generates energy while standing and the one that greatly reduces energy cost of moves) sit back the whole match and spammed healing from far. We didn't even need a retry and I unlocked the characters.

Co-op is so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 am

I'll have access to my PS3 tomorrow night. You can do all my missions for me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 pm

What time? I have to wake up early in the morning.

More thoughts on characters:

SSj Gotenks is a very good ki blast character for one retry.

Kid Buu has high speed, attack and health and IT. One of the best melee characters.

Bardock has mediocre stats, but 2 retries.

Cooler isn't good.
His final form has the fastest unblockable rush, but sadly this is the only good thing about him. Stat-wise he and his brother are the weakest melee characters without retries.
Meta-Cooler has high ki blast attack, extremely high health and 1 retry. He's good.

SSj Broly is bad.
LSSj Broly has the highest health and attack. Every other stat is weak. Not only he moves slowly, but his melee combo is so damn slow that I don't actually know if it's even guaranteed. However, with the super armor card, he is probably good.

Whis is supposed to be a melee-healer hybrid. His attack isn't that great though, so he's kinda like SSj2 Gohan but with a bit lower health and higher attack and energy regeneration. The biggest difference is that he has long-range healing, but can't heal himself, so another healer is definitely needed. Still, a strong and fabulous character.

Beerus is awesome. High attack, high health, great stats all-around. He's a slightly better Kid Buu. His first special is a teleport attack that knock-downs. The start-up is a bit too long to be used from up-close though. The second is a counterattack.

God Goku's has more or less the same stats as Ultimate Gohan, but he's a lot faster, has the same teleport special as Beerus and a Kaioken-like one that doesn't break guards.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm

We can do it when you have more time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I'll send you a request. Hit me up whenever you see me online (probably at nights)
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm

I'd completely underestimated how good SSj2 (Cell) and Ultimate Gohan's counter attack is. You can hold the button for as long as you want and the characters will block everything. Then you release it and do a guard break attack with decent range and damage.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:32 am

This game's AI is hot fucking ass, holy shit. How is it that they can't prioritize reviving the player character, using their specials, or even blocking really?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

It's a lot easier, and better, playing with human players. Unless they're terrible and still pick the characters without retries.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm liking the game a lot more with actual human players, but jesus some of these later stages feel impossible to try and S-Rank, like Mission 39 was rough as hell and it feels like it's impossible to S-Rank that even with actual human partners.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:58 pm

I encountered a player with a clever LSSJ Broly setup. He used the Z sword card for maximum attack and the super armor card. As he outdamaged me and I couldn't stun him I'd to play a runaway game for the first time as Gohan with ki blasts, whiff punishes with the shoulder special, L1+triangles and counters to stand a chance. Thankfully Gohan builds SP quite well.

Also, I'm starting to dislike Final Form Cooler. His stats may be weak, but his special moves are too annoying and dangerous.

I think SSj3 Gotenks and SSj2 Vegeta are the best ki blast characters without retries. Their spammy special does good damage and builds the genki bar fast. Personally, I prefer Buuhan, but his kamikaze ghost special is slow and his beam didn't work as I expected. It transforms the enemy into chocolate and heals anyone close to it. It's slow though and resets the combo.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I'd consider that a cheap setup rather than clever.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:06 pm

The super armor card, which I'm also currently using, lowers dramatically the hp of the character. In a 4 vs 4 or free-for-all game, things tend to be a bit chaotic and it's not as overpowered as you may think. In free-for-all my K/D ratio is usually crap, but I kill the strongest enemies and end up with a high score.

The Z sword maximizes attack and negates teleporting, so you're forced to dash/block continuously to approach your enemy. That's a considerable disadvantage.

Of course stupid Broly already has the highest attack and health stats and a long-range melee attack. The negative effects of these cards are not too bad for him. It's the best anti-melee character setup I've seen so far and I'd have probably lost if the player was better.
That setup is a terrible choice if you're facing ki blast characters so it has a huge weakness. Almost everyone uses melee characters at this point though.

Buy the game btw. It's fuuun.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 am

Damn, Final Form Cooler is a pain in the ass in Battle Royale matches. Android 16's a pretty bitchin' counter to him, though. Wish I had better stat cards to really beef him up for whenever someone comes in and spams Cooler's abilities.

Also, one of 16's alts is his poop armor color scheme lololol.

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 17112
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 5:22 pm

The secret to winning Battle Royale matches is to steal kills from other players. Keep an eye to the life bar of the characters with the highest power levels and when they've dropped to 1/3 or so, go after them. Characters with strong, long-range attacks are the best for this job, like Broly, SSj3 Goku, Gohan and Cooler.
Once I get my 10 wins for the trophy, I'm done with free-for-all. I prefer team battles.

My favourite characters so far are:

- Chou Gohan (great melee character)
- SSj2 Gohan (really good support character)
- SSj2 Goku (very good melee and support character; I usually pick him when I don't have much confidence in my teammates)
- SSj3 Gotenks (very good ki blast character)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 pm

The secret to winning Battle Royale matches is to just equip Broly with that Energy Absorbing System A card, and that Tenshinhan one where you sacrifice some HP to boost your attack. You're essentially playing out 85% of the DBZ fanbase's wet dream with that set up.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:13 pm

^ until you run into characters with counters (Beerus, Whis, Ult.Gohan, SSj2 Gohan) or any strong ki blast character. I hate that setup though. His special attack does extremely high damage and it's very spammable.

I love my Gohan support setup; I'm using the SSj3 Goku (super armor at the cost of about 40% of your maximum health) and the Elder Kai (huge energy cost decrease for special moves, cannot use super).
Thanks to the super armor card I cannot be staggered and interrupted when I want to use the teleport-revive special and I cannot be comboed. Its negative effect is somewhat countered by the Elder Kai card which makes his healing special (and blast sparks) very cheap to use. Gohan's very high health too.
There is one somewhat major weakness though; characters with long range, 1-hit, powerful strikes like that fool Broly can destroy  Gohan due to his lowered health before he has a chance to heal himself.

But you would normally need 2 characters for a perfect reviving and healing game plan (one with instant transmission for reviving and a standard healer), so it's an excellent choice if no one else wants to play support.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Battle of Z, more like Battle of P
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
^ until you run into characters with counters (Beerus, Whis, Ult.Gohan, SSj2 Gohan) or any strong ki blast character.

People typically don't know how to play them right or have a strong set up so they get slaughtered anyway. ESPECIALLY the Beerus players. They're like "Naaaah, I got this" and you're like "CHUGACHUGACHUGACHUGA" and then they're like "AAAAAAAH I'm dead."
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm

I can't blame them. Beerus is awesome.
"It's over! Goodbye!"
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Apparently you can only buy one copy of each weekly premium card. The character balance makes a lot more sense that way as weaker characters tend to have more card slots along with retries and with a full set of +100 stat cards they would end up stronger than the characters without retries.

It's also good for the co-op mode as it'd become way too easy with uber stats.

Btw, SOK I still need your Porunga card to farm PP with me. Mine is stupid and doesn't give the extra PP (and I estimate I'll need about a million to buy everything once).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)   The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Dragonball game (Battle of Z)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next