Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Go down 
+2
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Neo wrote:
All that text is what you should be playing the game for, the puzzles are a side dish. You need to get every ending and open both safes in every room if you want the proper ending.

ive been getting both safes (i think), are you saying the game isnt a game at all then, rather a text based film with a couple of levels?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Why aren't you playing 999 first?

upgraded my pc, no longer have it. If its like this tho i probably wouldnt have enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
are you saying the game isnt a game at all then, rather a text based film with a couple of levels?
It's a visual novel with puzzle rooms, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Jumping into VLR without playing 999 can be really confusing. I did a write up of the first game for people who ignored the first game:

https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t15041-buu-plays-9-hours-9-persons-9-doors-aka-999-completed?highlight=persons

read that before you continue, if you don't like the sound of it you can give up on the game, but you will be missing out. Its the best story in a game on vita and easily one of the best Vita games.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

still cant get into it which pisses me off cus i love puzzle/logic games. ill probably end up platting this anyways as i gotta do most of it to get the puzzles to open up. so far i now have 4 good endings & lots of bad ones & i only just gone down the cyan path at the start
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 pm

You might end up enjoying it more towards the end when it starts to tie everything together, it can be a little disjointed when you're going through the initial few endings. Despite what Buu said you don't need to know anything about 999 to understand the game itself, although a couple of aspects of the true ending and how they fit into the overall story of the trilogy won't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:53 pm

I've never been a fan of the wait 10-20 hours and you might like the payoff view some people have. Read the 999 synopsis I made.  It will go through the way I went through the game and give you a clue how the games play out shouldn't take longer then 10 minutes to read.

If it intriges you play Zero escape if it doesn't just wait till you're more in the mood. You got games you want to play no need to force yourself into playing other stuff.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

i got all endings bar 1 now, i noticed the endings got longer and i followed a couple of them but i feel ill need to re read all the novel parts to truely understand them
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Honestly its kinda sad to hear this is a game you forced yourself to play through I genuinely think you could've enjoyed it, you should've just held off till you felt you could concentrate on the story. As visual novels you can only really enjoy the first playthrough.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 pm

999 was a flawed game, but with a sledgehammer of an ending that will likely leave a very lasting impression. VLR is next on my to-do list, and I'll update with my progress and thoughts as I play.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Okay, so just to start things off, a few initial thoughts;

* It looks lots better than 999. 3D character models, much higher resolution 3D environments rather than Old-school Resi-Evil style renders.
* It's voiced! Okay, so it's in Japanese, but that's fine.
* The flow chart. Holy crap, how many endings does the game have?! (Rhetorical question, don't answer that!)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 pm

I honestly couldn't tell you how many endings there are anyway, one cool thing though is that you can jump to any point in the flowchart and resume from there so the frustrating repetition that was the beginning of 999 is gone completely.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Two password types? I like the sound of that. Got the first "hidden file" to boot. Onwards!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Spoiler:

Also...

Quote :
Simian is Tenmouji

Hey! I get to be the old man?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh crap, I hope there aren't going to be too many colour puzzles.  Being  red/green colour blind might make those tricky...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:16 pm

The betray/ally mechanic is a nice touch.  Not sure why you'd choose betray though, I'm not an utter bastard.  Unlike half of the players, at least.  

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:51 pm

I can't even remember half the crazy shit that happens now. You're in for a lot of treats though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:00 am

These posts have made me want to replay the first two games but I just know that I'd instantly remember all the plot points right before they happened and ruin everything for myself.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Bah, foiled.

My first "ending"...

Spoiler:

Great game though. The presentation is outstanding, and I've genuinely got no idea who the killer or, who Zero is, or what their purpose was.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

You didn't fuck up anywhere. My first ending was a to be continued thing too, and eventually it will be continued. It makes sense in the end. I also remember the password being a special thing that wasn't very clear even after finding everything, but I may be wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Err... is it just me or are half the posts in the topic blank?

I can see five of my own posts in this topic alone with literally nothing written in them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Are you posting from a non computer device, BD is having issues to. I think theres an error on forumotions end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward   Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next