Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate

Go down 
+4
Skip
Baal
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Well it's happened. The Call of Duty model strikes again.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-09-batman-arkham-origins-announced-for-pc-ps3-wii-u-and-xbox-360

While Rocksteady is (probably) working on that Justice League game, this year we're getting Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Arkham Origins is being developed by WB Games Montreal for the PC, PS3, 360 and WiiU. It's a prequel to Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Origins Blackgate is being developed by Armature for the 3DS and Vita. It's a sequel to Arkham Origins but still a prequel to Arkham Asylum. It's also 2D metroidvania style, which could be interesting.

Both are coming out this year.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Hahaha, I was about to post about this.

I'm curious about the handheld game, but i dunno if the combat can be fun in 2d considering how much I love the arkham games. Fingers crossed though.

Release Date is October 25th.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/batman-arkham-origins-takes-rocksteady-out-gotham-release-date-announced-october-25
http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/19668.html
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:34 am

It's probably gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 am

Ever the optimist.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 am

Arkham Origins Details:

http://gamingeverything.com/45293/
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Skip wrote:
Ever the optimist.

Well considering Rocksteady's not even developing it, I don't have a lot of room for optimism.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Roger Craig Smith, voice of Chris Redfield, Ezio, Sonic (since Generations I think) is playing Batman.

Troy Baker, voice of Ryu Hayabusa (English voice obviously), Tim Drake/Robin in Arkham City, Batman in Lego Batman 2, is playing the Joker.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Roger Craig Smith, voice of Chris Redfield, Ezio, Sonic (since Generations I think) is playing Batman

Seems like it, I was confused at first since there seems to be word going around about Conroy being involved with an Arkham game.

http://pixelenemy.com/kevin-conroy-will-be-returning-for-batman-arkham-origins/

Seeing as he is not the young Batman, who could he be? An older Bats narrating or something(for the sake of fan service more so than the actual need)? Maybe someone entirely different? Maybe his involvement isn't even with Origins, but the next actual Arkham sequel?

Edit: Ohoooooo. Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate 2Xusd
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:44 pm

I hope this doesn't take a dip in quality like RE6 took, not even the slightest
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
I hope this doesn't take a dip in quality like RE6 took, not even the slightest

This is a really bad joke.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Troy Baker, voice of Ryu Hayabusa (English voice obviously), Tim Drake/Robin in Arkham City, Batman in Lego Batman 2, is playing the Joker.

Also, this is weird seeing as Troy Baker is voicing Black Mask in that trailer, are you sure someone said Joker? I also heard Rick D. Wasserman in the start, but I can't tell if he's voicing Deathstroke or not, the voice is too muffled and not in the game enough for me to a hazard a guess at who it could be.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

That's weird considering Black Mask is a major character and I doubt the developers are not going to not have Joker play an equally big role in the story, but then again Baker is good enough to probably make it work.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 am

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

Baal wrote:
That's weird considering Black Mask is a major character and I doubt the developers are not going to not have Joker play an equally big role in the story, but then again Baker is good enough to probably make it work.
I will inform Troy Baker that you had doubt in your voice.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 am

I am very sad that they went prequel instead of using the opportunity to broach new ground after Arkham City. Don't think this will be a day one buy no matter how good it looks, though might get round to it eventually though.

Also Roger Craig Smith is suddenly the main character of everything, huh?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 am

Is it just me or was the combat cam more reminiscent of Arkham Asylum?

I'm pretty picky about combat mechanics being exactly how i like them, but the combat looked more visceral in this more reminiscent of AA, rather than AC where the hits looked like they had less impact.  I'm not sure if I'm the only who thought this though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 pm

It does look like they scaled the combat back to Asylum levels, withh only one person attacking you at a time. No multiple counters in that video.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

That could mean that this has been in development since before AC came out, they might be working with an older build of the combat system.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Hmmmm thats interesting that could be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 pm

I highly doubt it's been in development that long. Arkham City was 2 years ago. They could just be doing it because it's a prequel.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Quote :
Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot. Until they find some friends, that is.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has revealed a new wrinkle to Batman: Arkham Origins, its prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, with the announcement of a 2 vs. 3 vs. 3 online multiplayer mode developed by Splash Damage (Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars). Invisible Predator Online will pit Batman and Robin against two player-controlled teams of gun-toting henchmen, each consisting of three players, led by the competing Bat-villains Joker and Bane.

These aren’t just any ordinary henchmen, though – Joker and Bane have enlisted their Gang Elite to take down the Dynamic Duo, outfitting them with special gadgets like Enhanced Vision, which works like Batman’s Detective Vision to see other players through walls and objects but with limited battery power, and deadly themed weapons like the Joker gang’s “Surprise, You’re Dead!” proximity mine gift box or the Bane crew’s ultrasonic pulse that can zap enemies even through walls.

Though I initially had reservations about how well multiplayer could be incorporated into the Arkham world, my hands-on experience in several matches quelled my fears (Scarecrow’s fear toxin not included). In the level I played – set inside the crumbling interiors of Blackgate Prison – the two Gang Elites competed to secure three different control points. If your gang holds a majority of the control points, the opposing gang will lose a respawn every 30 seconds for each one you hold. Once a team has used up all its respawns, either by getting toasted by the rival gang or subdued by the Caped Crusaders, it loses. Likewise, Batman and Robin fail by being sent to that great belfry in the sky once too often.

Batman and Robin win through intimidation, by taking down gang members, varying their tactics, and subduing high-value targets like gang captains, until Joker and Bane stop the operation.

Playing as Batman or Robin is all about mastering stealth, cunning, and your environment. The heroes have all the moves and gadgets that Batman has in the solo campaign, but they’re hardly bulletproof. As Robin, I started out perching on the gargoyles, using my Detective Vision to track henchmen’s positions, and waiting for one to wander underneath so I could drop down for an inverted takedown. Or if one is isolated, I could target him and swoop down with a glide kick to the head. When caught up close, I whipped out my fold-up bullet shield to block gunfire before stunning the Joker flunky with a shuriken (Robin’s version of a batarang) and then knocking him out with my bo staff.

Batman and Robin can also set traps, such as spraying a walkway with explosive gel, retreating to a convenient vantage point, and setting it off when a henchman or two get too close. They can also hide under those walkways in grates, stealthily picking off unaware goons from below. And to ratchet up the tension even more, the environment will play tricks on unsuspecting bad guys, occasionally spooking them with a swarm of bats or distracting them with flapping cloth that looks like the rustling of a cape.

But because those goons are human-controlled, they’ve got a few tricks up their garishly colored sleeves as well. Gang Elite can’t be subdued by stealth attacks if they’ve seen the Bat or Bird first, such as spotting one moving into position on a rooftop or sneaking underneath in grated vents. Luckily for Batman and Robin, they can temporarily scramble a Gang Elite’s Enhanced Vision as well as temporarily scramble a hold point to keep either gang side from capturing it.

After the battle has been raging for a while, Joker or Bane become unlockable. When activated, the first Gang Elite member to reach his secret hiding place will be able to control his respective gang leader – and that’s when the action gets really intense.

Each supervillain has his unique strengths and abilities. Bane, for example, is a bulldozer of a man, great in melee confrontations, who can pummel his opponents with his fists and soak up heavier damage from gunfire. He can even pick up an enemy and toss him as a weapon, or unleash doom with a rocket launcher. The Joker is deadlier at a distance, armed with two custom hand-guns – the Ace of Spades, an explosive hand cannon with tons of splash damage, and the King of Hearts, a one-shot kill weapon that requires more careful aim. When caught up close, Joker can give pursuers a lethal jolt with his Joy Buzzer.

While Invisible Predator Online is set during the window of Batman: Arkham Origins’ fiction, it isn’t directly connected to it. Robin, for example, will not play a role in the main story, though he’s a prominent figure here, but playing the solo campaign will allow you to unlock as-yet-unspecified items in multiplayer mode.

Make no mistake, this is no after-thought multiplayer mode tacked onto a solo campaign. Invisible Predator Online is shaping up to be a full-fledged, tension-filled multiplayer experience that psychologically scarred whackjobs on either side of the law will appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm

It sounds like that MGO mode that made one player Snake, though I doubt it'll be as cool.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:05 pm

It's probably gonna be garbage.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 pm

I think that was confirmed by
Quote :
Make no mistake, this is no after-thought multiplayer mode tacked onto a solo campaign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next