Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Arkham Aslyum demo is up

Go down 
+2
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Empty
PostSubject: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

Must remember to check it out at some point today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:01 am

Downloading it now. It's proper killing my internet speed though.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 am

It's awesome. It's like a beat 'em up. You also have to do some fancy rappeling work and such. And you don't get to play as The Joker in the demo...Dammit.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:11 pm

I need to check it out
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Downloading now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Just finished it for the third time. Pretty damn awesome demo.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, it's decent. Little bit of action, little bit of stealth. Wasn't totally wowed or anything, but I plan to get the game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 pm

It seems solid enough, and the combat / stealth mix is nice. My only criticism of the demo would be how linear it looks; there's one set way to do things, and any deviation results in a pretty swift death.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, I hoped there would be some degree of freedom in navigating Arkham. Seems like there'll be some backtracking through previous areas once you gain new abilities and stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:21 pm

I heard you got the entire island to explore. There's probably a mission or two where you get to run around freely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:22 pm

So, this isn't a Sandbox type game? FUCK IT. FUCK FUCKL rgre uj54on hjdmn,r988m9809yt6y0u
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 pm

You could always get that Rockstar western game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Or you could get back to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Well the demo is linear. Later on you might get more freedom, I dunno, but it doesn't seem like it'd ever become a proper sandbox type thing. At the start (during the tutorial basically) you're on a set path.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't think it'd be sandbox in the same sense as something like GTA or Prototype, but I was expecting a 'hub' area or something like that with numerous areas to explore off that. I'm not a huge DC fan so a lot of the appeal of the license is wasted on me, and while aspects of the demo impressed it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Of course, I'll buy it nontheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arkham Aslyum demo is up   The Arkham Aslyum demo is up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arkham Aslyum demo is up
Page 1 of 1