Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vita game general discussion

Go down 
+11
Baal
Talking Sock
Korin
Rman
Skip
testtubebaby
Rosalyn_86
Kaede
BlackChaosDragon
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:56 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
By all accounts the Vita versions are terrible. Especially Jak 1.
Its free like i care, also hahahaha you can't get them. I point and laugh at you. *points laughs*
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:10 am

Doesn't seem like Spike's handiwork, so color me interested. It also looks like some time and effort was put into it too. Although, the one thing from the trailer that worried me was at around 48 seconds in, that combo they showed off there didn't seem to connect properly. Hopefully comboing won't be clunky and it's nothing to be concerned about. In any case, if it really isn't done by Spike, then that's already a huge plus.

Edit: Didn't catch the small writing there at the end. Seems like it's being made by some company called ARTDINK. SO yay, no Spike.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Team battes sound fun if the controls aren't shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah, that and if everything doesn't become ridiculously chaotic with eight people zooming about on screen. The developers seem to have experience with similar types of games, though. They did some Gundam handheld games(one revolving around battle royales too).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 am

Spike is busy making Yaiba NGZ aren't they?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:52 pm

OMG Zombies! was a PS Mini, then it was on PS Mobile, and now it has a native Vita version. Fun little game. I might have made a topic about it before but I can't find it.

There's over 100 levels that consist of a screen, like so:

Spoiler:

You have to clear out all the zombies with however many shots you have. There's a bunch of different types that react differently when they die, and you can see them all by holding the shoulder buttons.

Spoiler:

Some explode, some turn to acid, some shoot out lightning, etc. The point is to create a chain reaction that wipes them all out.

Spoiler:

Depending on how many you kill you get graded and earn some money which can be spent on upgrades to increase the number of zombies and power up their attributes so you can make bigger chains, which is vital for the harder stages.

The Vita version added some new levels and zombie types. It's £3 and I'd say it's definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

I finally have it
and this is honestly what i think of him
Spoiler:
though i still haven't gotten very far yet
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Ragnarok odyssey seems to have more depth than i realised although it all comes from weird stuff you find in the extra quests.

Also Zero is a dick.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:38 pm

lol that he is puzzle's really arent my forte but i have done quite a number of em so far
but i didn't actually realize that the 3ds version of zero escape was dubbed either i guess that doesnt matter
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
lol that he is puzzle's really arent my forte but i have done quite a number of em so far
but i didn't actually realize that the 3ds version of zero escape was dubbed either i guess that doesnt matter
The american version is dubbed EU version is not. Having heard samples of the voice acting I prefer it not being dubbed.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:56 pm

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-coming-west-in-early-2014

Japanese Adventure/Visual Novel game that garnered a cult following as of recent is getting a Western release for it's Vita rerelease.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Sweet I'm starting to like visual novels.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:
The american version is dubbed EU version is not.  Having heard samples of the voice acting I prefer it not being dubbed.
Yeah but it wouldnt hurt to add a dual audio option.
since i usually play multiple playthoughs on both

and yeah
Yeah danganronpa being released by NISA
i thought the idea of this game was pretty similar to zero escape .... turns out that spike chunsoft made em both so that pretty much explained it all for me so i can expect some good qualiy story line and editing from nisa also there will be nothing censored which is a plus although names may be change but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I've already played the fan translation of Danganronpa and it's got a good story, but there's so much fucking Japanese pop culture that is even obscure to some of the Japanese, that it's obvious the game would not have ever have been localized if it didn't gain a cult following from the SA LP. Also, the only things DR and Zero's Escape have in common is the idea of mutual killing and cooperation. Zero's Escape is a game series that is made with the intention of multiple ways for you to go, while Danganronpa just tells one story and you get some character depth between all of that.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:24 pm

I see... thanks for your input, the pop thing might bring it down a little for me but im guessing theres like a myriad of puzzles as well right?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you played Phoenix Wright? It's a bit like that but during trials there's mini-games that you play to solve the problem and they can vary in difficulty depending on what you choose.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah i have just 1 and 3 though ... but when you say vary do you mean that the puzzles get harder or something to that effect?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Guacamelee is really good. I haven't played it much but the controls are so nice.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Its a really amazing game, now you know why i was singing its praises probably my game of the year.

BTW did we hear if we are getting Little ~King's Story on vita or not yet? Its pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm

It's supposed to be part of next month's PS+ update, but it hasn't been officially announced. The leaked list was spot on with this month though, so I'd wait.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Yeah i have just 1 and 3 though ... but when you say vary do you mean that the puzzles get harder or something to that effect?

There are tons of different puzzles and they get harder as the game progresses and there's a difficulty setting too for them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I love Guacamelee. Feels like it's been years since a game had platforming so complicated and yet so satisfying. You don't lose health for falling down pits either, which means you never get that frustrated. But more importantly it doesn't punish you for exploring.

It's just mechanically perfect, and I feel like I'm coming up with solutions myself rather than being told everything. The game doesn't tutor you on the platforming at all. It gives you the moves and some obstacles, and it's up to you to figure out how to put it all together. I'm climbing to places that it feels like I shouldn't be able to get to yet, but it turns out to be the right way to go.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:58 pm

I see .... so its pretty much like zero escape to that extent huh?
Well thanks for info i now know what to expect.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:38 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I love Guacamelee. Feels like it's been years since a game had platforming so complicated and yet so satisfying. You don't lose health for falling down pits either, which means you never get that frustrated. But more importantly it doesn't punish you for exploring.

It's just mechanically perfect, and I feel like I'm coming up with solutions myself rather than being told everything. The game doesn't tutor you on the platforming at all. It gives you the moves and some obstacles, and it's up to you to figure out how to put it all together. I'm climbing to places that it feels like I shouldn't be able to get to yet, but it turns out to be the right way to go.
Good to see someone knows why i went on about this game so much. I seriously can't wait till drinkbox makes another game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Actually in some spots I was just making things harder for myself by forgetting about world switching. I was scaling walls using the special moves to cancel my momentum and basically triple jump to the top.

Now that I've got the wall fun I feel a bit over-equipped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita game general discussion
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next