Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+7
Casa
Syntek
Rockstar_Sinistar
Skip
brandon
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:32 pm

did anyone get the first episode? and how is it?

I just bought it and installed it, but it doesn't seem to be installing properly as it's nowhere to be found on my system, which is weird.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm

well, this is pretty interesting so far.

it's kinda like a point and click game as far as gameplay goes, or something a la Heavy Rain which is pretty neat. you also have choices as far as conversations go, and I kinda have the feeling that what you choose does actually matter..

it's pretty fun, it's not that scary yet, but i'm thinking that might happen still.. it's really a game that plays on emotional story telling
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm

wow neat, choices do matter... what you choose really changes how people around you react to you...

after finishing this episode, you get a preview for the next one, and even the preview talked about one particular choice I made during my playthrough of the first episode, which is neat I guess.

anyways, this game is very story heavy, but it's interesting, story is quite good, I mean, i totally wanna know what's gonna happen next so that's a good thing. gameplay is kinda, you know... you can walk around, and the rest is just pointing at things and clicking to do stuff but it's enjoyable.

easy game to platinum too, as all it requires you to do is just play through all episodes as far as i gather from looking at the trophy list.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:05 am

I'm surprised no one cares for this, it's actually really good. I can't wait till they release the 2nd episode.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Honestly even though it looks alright i wouldn't have the patience to wait for the other episodes.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:53 pm

well, you could wait till they're all out and buy them all at once..?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah if it all stays at a decent quality i might. Especially if it has some kind of branching.

I quite like BTTF but it had moments of dullness and 1 or two of the episodes didn't seem all that entertaining. If the quality is high throughout it will probably be worth getting.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 am

got it for free. it's pretty nerve racking
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 am

On a scale of public speaking to finding out you need to perform heart surgery immediately despite being completely unqualified, how nerve racking is it?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:21 pm

nerve racking like you have to shit but there's no toilet nearby
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 pm

wow this was short and the puzzles were easy
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am

BasementPerv wrote:
wow this was short and the puzzles were easy

Both of them were short. I don't expect the other 3 to be any longer. -_- But I've started, And I may as well finish.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:25 am

well at least i got the first two for free
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 am

played the second one today, good thing way of the samurai 4 comes out next week or i may be tempted to buy the next episode this month
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 am

what do you guys call short?

I did the first 2 episodes in around 2 hours both times I think, which fits it perfectly imo...

I do talk to everyone and explore all the areas as much as I can though, my second playthrough I got an entire conversation and stuff to do that I missed in my first..
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, I did--
Spoiler:

...But I suppose we'll see how things turn out anyway in the next few episodes.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

2 hours is short considering you need to wait 1 or 2 months for the next episode
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I felt the second episode was much better than the first. I got the season pass so I'll play these as they are released. And one massive replay when they're all out. I love the story and find it as enjoyable as the comics. So I'll probably replay multiple times.

The puzzles are easy and it was a little glitchy in some spots. But any fan of the comics should enjoy this.

I did hear of another walking dead game slated for next year that is supposed to be centered around Darrel Dixon from the television series. Fingers crossed that is good.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 pm

You mean the one that's apparently an FPS? ...Atleast, That's the genre GameFAQs has it listed under.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 pm

I didn't hear it was an fps. Just about the character it surrounds, and that it takes place in the Walking Dead TV universe and slated for a 2013 release.

Was very quickly mentioned on G4 when I heard about it.

I love a good FPS, but wouldn't a game like this have to include some stealth? I never liked first person perspectives and stealth game play. I just don't think it works as well as a third person view.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:29 pm

BasementPerv wrote:
2 hours is short considering you need to wait 1 or 2 months for the next episode

well sure, if you look at it in that way..
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 pm

as far as news goes about the other FPS game

EDIT:

also

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:15 am

I just finished this game (bought and played all the episodes back to back) and I enjoyed it a lot. Not a lot of games have made me care about child characters but this game was super engrossing.

I'd say it was a better 'horror' experience than the show and the comics. Not in terms of scares (no zombie media is scary) but in terms of tension and genuine investment in the characters, as well as just plain unrelenting cynicism.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 pm

yeah, I loved how it managed to make you care for some of the characters, and then they kill them off without much of a warning and I really was like: "AAAW, come on, WHYYYYYYYYY ?"
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 am

I love how you can basically pick who dies when or how certain people die.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next