Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Avengers

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Kaede
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Zero
Skip
Kaio
SimianWonder
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

The Avengers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:13 am

Saw it yesterday, and it was fun. Some parts were really stupid, and I was really bugged out by the lack of people being hurt. There was also too much AMERICA in the first half for me to be able to enjoy it fully, but I like how Captain America, who I don't really like, was able to do something, even if he's relatively weak. Also cool how the Hulk
Spoiler:
Samuel Jackson wasn't really as good as I wanted him to be, and Scohanson was eh. And Hawkeye was really stupid. I didn't like him 90% of the time. What did surprise me is how much I liked Tony Stark/Iron Man. I didn't really like him that much in his own movies, but here, he was funny, sympathetic and likeable. Except for when doing science things. Those scenes were just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:46 pm

just got done watching this. i thought it was great, barring two minor quips:
-one, CapAm's hood/helmet thing is FUCKING STUPID OH MY GOD WHY. why couldn't they just keep the design from the captain america: the first avenger movie (watched that just before the avengers, actually, it made the experience better imo)? since it seems to be the same guy, what with the tesseract and the flashbacks from it (and he makes a callback to the CapAm movie in the fight in germany).

-two:
Spoiler:

and the best damn scene in the movie:
Spoiler:
it hurt to watch, but in the best way.

lots of great moments, especially the inter-party fights. stark was pure gold the entire movie.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Simply put greatest film ever made. If you think otherwise, you're probably a girl who only likes romcoms.

I also find Kaede's views so wrong its a little offensive.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Simply put greatest film ever made. If you think otherwise, you're probably a girl who only likes romcoms.
What if someone thinks like this:
"I love Punisher War Zone and Steven Seagall movies more
Blood and cartoony violence is the way to go
And guns, guns, loads of guns, Predator and Commando, violence is everything"
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
What if someone thinks like this:
"I love Punisher War Zone and Steven Seagall movies more
Blood and cartoony violence is the way to go
And guns, guns, loads of guns, Predator and Commando, violence is everything"
If you thought those were better then this, you probably would prefer romcoms.

Steven Siegel is a wifebeater and all of his films are the same. He never bothers to fight anyone with a decent level of martial arts ability either and he can't act for shit. He makes Arnie look charismatic.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

Steven Siegel is a wifebeater and all of his films are the same. He never bothers to fight anyone with a decent level of martial arts ability either and he can't act for shit. He makes Arnie look charismatic.
Every time I expect something, it comes out entirely different. Romcoms are violent?

Don't think I like any of Siegel's films, other than maybe that one in Japan, and only cause it involves swords, I have some affection for sharp weapons

I think this one of the two best Marvel movies, and easily one of the most fun movies, but nothing dropped the 1989 Batman movie down from my No.1 movie list
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:56 pm

40% of the people who saw this movie were female, yet Joe Quesada's response to have a female-led Marvel movie was the following:

In a chat afterwards, Joe told me that he’d love to make a tentpole [sic] movie with a female lead, but that he really doesn’t think there is an actress right now who could carry it, or a character that would work either. I’m thinking I might agree with him on this one actually.

So basically the CREATIVE BOSS OF MARVEL not only admits all their females are garbage, he also says that none of the world's actresses can pull of their characters.

RIGHT AFTER THE BLACK WIDOW KICKED ASS IN THE WORLD'S THIRD BIGGEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

I'm now fully convinced that hiring a guy know for his female skewing characters was a mistake and they actually were supposed to hire Sylvester Stallone.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

@Moose: Thor was the worst, anything with Loki in is great, even if you didn't like the rest of the cast, he's probably my favourite villlain in all the marvel films, strangely i think Lomak would be 2nd.

@Psycho: I'm not being a fanboy as i hated Iron Man 2 and Cap America, but I literally cannot see how you thought those movies could compare to this, i'll accept you might like Thor/IH/IM/FF/Blade/SM, as much as this. But there was way too many problems with those films.

Elvis Presley wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Every time I expect something, it comes out entirely different. Romcoms are violent?

Don't think I like any of Siegel's films, other than maybe that one in Japan, and only cause it involves swords, I have some affection for sharp weapons

I think this one of the two best Marvel movies, and easily one of the most fun movies, but nothing dropped the 1989 Batman movie down from my No.1 movie list
Oh right well i can't really argue with that, if you said this wasn't one of the best marvel movies i'd have thought you were mental.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Kaio wrote:
In a chat afterwards, Joe told me that he’d love to make a tentpole [sic] movie with a female lead, but that he really doesn’t think there is an actress right now who could carry it, or a character that would work either. I’m thinking I might agree with him on this one actually.

So basically the CREATIVE BOSS OF MARVEL not only admits all their females are garbage, he also says that none of the world's actresses can pull of their characters.

RIGHT AFTER THE BLACK WIDOW KICKED ASS IN THE WORLD'S THIRD BIGGEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME.
He recently said something about a lot of praise Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is receiving from hardcore fans, and how well received that show is

Don't try to quote he says, he's officially demented, and in desperate need to be demoted from high office, much like Activision's CEO
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Bobby Kotick does a fucking amazing job of making loads of money for his shareholders, there's no way he's stepping down anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh yeah, I actually read that USM quote a little while ago. I won't argue that it's Disney XD's highest watched show, because that's actually backed up by fact, but saying that there's anything but intense hate for that show from the hardcore comic book fans is laughable.

Honestly, I'm still upset at the fact that there's still not even a word of another X-Men show or DTV when that did better than both Avengers and X-Men. Avengers is getting its third cartoon in 4 years for crying out loud and that's without counting the 3 or so DTVs whereas the X-Men had zero!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Kaio wrote:
40% of the people who saw this movie were female, yet Joe Quesada's response to have a female-led Marvel movie was the following:

I'm now fully convinced that hiring a guy know for his female skewing characters was a mistake and they actually were supposed to hire Sylvester Stallone.
Thing is you can say 40% of the audience were female but a large portion of them would've taken there kids or gone with boyfriends. Its a typical trade off tehy watch super heroes with you, you have to watch the devil wears prada with them.

Also it would be harder to draw a male audience to watch a female hero, I don't particularly like any marvel female heroes i can think of outside of the X-men, aside from maybe Miss Marvel, and i told you what I thought about She Hulk already. The disaster that was Elektra/Catwoman would probably put hem off to. Even male fans of the comic who wanted fan service would be disappointed when a lady dressed up as there favourite super hero doesn't live up to the realistic proportions.

I honestly think the only female super hero they could pull off a movie with would be Wonder woman, but that series was a disaster anyway, it only got a pilot or something.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm

@Buu

I dunno, I guess it's how you look at a movie. I mean, it seems to me that to some of you guys, if the acting or story sucks, it's already a bad movie in your mind, or it's not as good as another movie.

I rate movies by how entertained I am. i can see when the acting is bad or the story is complete bull, but if it still manages to entertain me just as good as another movie, I don't think one is worse than the other.

like, for example, I see a lot of hate for Michael Bay and his movies (not specifically directed at this forum) for a lot of different reasons that I completely understand, I get why people think his movies suck, but I don't look at it from the same perspective as they do, and I genuinely always come out being entertained.

but I digress, to me all the Marvel movies were genuinely just about equally entertaining, does one have a better story than another, sure, definitely... but was it more entertaining to me because of it? not really..
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Thing is you can say 40% of the audience were female but a large portion of them would've taken there kids or gone with boyfriends. Its a typical trade off tehy watch super heroes with you, you have to watch the devil wears prada with them.

Avengers got an A+ CinemaScore, which is a ranking based on audience reactions. If the females were forced against their wills to begin with, they'd certainly changed their minds once they've seen it. The Devil Wears Prada would never get a high score like that. Considering there's not really any romance in the movie, they'd probably give the high score for both the looks of the men and the non-insulting way its two female characters were portrayed.

Quote :
Also it would be harder to draw a male audience to watch a female hero, I don't particularly like any marvel female heroes i can think of outside of the X-men, aside from maybe Miss Marvel, and i told you what I thought about She Hulk already. The disaster that was Elektra/Catwoman would probably put hem off to. Even male fans of the comic who wanted fan service would be disappointed when a lady dressed up as there favourite super hero doesn't live up to the realistic proportions.

Elektra and Catwoman failed because they were terrible movies, not because they starred women. If you get a guy who's passionate about writing good females I'm sure they'd crank out a good Ms. Marvel or Jessica Jones movie (or even something more obscure like Firestar or something, it worked for Blade). Most Angelie Jolie helmed action movies do alright and so did the Alien movies back in the day. I think they'd do alright with a Black Widow movie, considering $500 million worth of movie tickets were sold to women who now know who she is. And Scarlet Johansson is high profile enough to spearhead her own movie. You can even make Jeremy Renner her sidekick while you're at it (it's also interesting to note that Marvel called HAWKEYE the breakout character of the movie, as if the guy played any significant role).

Quote :
I honestly think the only female super hero they could pull off a movie with would be Wonder woman, but that series was a disaster anyway, it only got a pilot or something.

Joss Whedon wrote a script for Wonder Woman, but he walked away after WB didn't agree with his visions and wanted to change everything. LOL at them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Kaio wrote:
Avengers got an A+ CinemaScore, which is a ranking based on audience reactions. If the females were forced against their wills to begin with, they'd certainly changed their minds once they've seen it. The Devil Wears Prada would never get a high score like that. Considering there's not really any romance in the movie, they'd probably give the high score for both the looks of the men and the non-insulting way its two female characters were portrayed.

Elektra and Catwoman failed because they were terrible movies, not because they starred women. If you get a guy who's passionate about writing good females I'm sure they'd crank out a good Ms. Marvel or Jessica Jones movie (or even something more obscure like Firestar or something, it worked for Blade). Most Angelie Jolie helmed action movies do alright and so did the Alien movies back in the day. I think they'd do alright with a Black Widow movie, considering $500 million worth of movie tickets were sold to women who now know who she is. And Scarlet Johansson is high profile enough to spearhead her own movie. You can even make Jeremy Renner her sidekick while you're at it (it's also interesting to note that Marvel called HAWKEYE the breakout character of the movie, as if the guy played any significant role).
For the first point I would argue that there's plenty in the film for either gender to like, but that doesn't mean women would've watched it on there own. Devil Wears Prada would not entertain guys, well not the masses. However, there has been the occasional girlie film I thought was alright i.e. Just like heaven ironically which also starred Mark Ruffalo, so basically whatever you make he has to be in it.

Elektra and Catwoman are two of the biggest female super heroes though, and opening weeks would normally demonstrate a films interest rather then if the film will be terrible, its uncommon for people to even give a crap if reviews say a film is bad, especially when we're talking superheroes. But, yeah i guess a Black Widow film could work due to her improved performance in her second film.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I can't think of a female Marvel character that actually warrants a film to be honest. The biggest female Marvel heroes I can think of are all X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:20 pm

I doubt people knew who Iron Man was before the movie came out. Now he's as profitable as Spider-Man. Black Panther and the Guardians of the Guardians are also getting movies. Can you tell me what they're about?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm

No I can't. But I very much doubt I'll watch those movies either.

I wouldn't have watched Thor or Captain America if they weren't leading up to the Avengers, and I only watched Iron Man because everyone was raving about it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm

I don't think a Black Widow film could hold up on its own. Whedon did her character very well in Avengers but ultimately she is just a spy and I doubt she could carry a 90 minute film when there are other, better, films in that genre out there.

For what it's worth I have had several women speak to me about Avengers and a lot of them have told me how they decided they wanted to watch all the other recent Marvel movies immediately after seeing it.
A lot of them also mentioned that they had been told by their female friends who had already seen it how much they enjoyed it. This pretty much meant that they had no reservations about going to see it with their boyfriends/partners/whatever or even by themselves, I know one girl who had never been interested in these things before who saw it three times.
Point is a lot of people who aren't male went to see the movie of their own volition.

Also I thought Devil Wears Prada was great.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Kaio there's almost no chance i'd watch either of those films I also wouldn't watch a black widow film either, or even another cap film unless it was relevant to the avengers movies

Pennywise wrote:
I don't think a Black Widow film could hold up on its own. Whedon did her character very well in Avengers but ultimately she is just a spy and I doubt she could carry a 90 minute film when there are other, better, films in that genre out there.

For what it's worth I have had several women speak to me about Avengers and a lot of them have told me how they decided they wanted to watch all the other recent Marvel movies immediately after seeing it.
A lot of them also mentioned that they had been told by their female friends who had already seen it how much they enjoyed it. This pretty much meant that they had no reservations about going to see it with their boyfriends/partners/whatever or even by themselves, I know one girl who had never been interested in these things before who saw it three times.
Point is a lot of people who aren't male went to see the movie of their own volition.

Also I thought Devil Wears Prada was great.
So essentially you think all women are selfish as they drag guys to watch shitty films.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Wait what? How did you get that from my post?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Wait what? How did you get that from my post?
So girls act like they don't want to watch super hero movies but they do. This then results in us owing them one, and being forced to watch something we'd never watch, even if it just happened to be on TV.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I didn't say anything like that.
I intended it as a response to your post where you stated that "there's plenty in the film for either gender to like, but that doesn't mean women would've watched it on there own", my point being that, contrary to what you said, when given a choice most women wouldn't immediately want to see a movie about superheroes but a lot of them did in this case because of the amazing word of mouth it got.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Pennywise wrote:
I didn't say anything like that.
I intended it as a response to your post where you stated that "there's plenty in the film for either gender to like, but that doesn't mean women would've watched it on there own", my point being that, contrary to what you said, when given a choice most women wouldn't immediately want to see a movie about superheroes but a lot of them did in this case because of the amazing word of mouth it got.

Word of mouth for this kind of film is rare though. There's no chance a film involving a Z-lister super hero, which is what most solo super heroines are will get any kind of hype near this one. If Catwoman and Elektra couldn't attract buzz despite having at the time very popular actresses it ain't happening with super heroes that are unheard of.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Oh wait sorry, I didn't mean those two paragraphs in my first post to be connected, they were completely different trains of thought for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Avengers
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next