Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Avengers

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Kaede
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Zero
Skip
Kaio
SimianWonder
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Avengers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:17 am

I was already soundly asleep by that point in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:10 am

I thought Thor was really good.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:02 am

Thor was great. I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

How could you not like Thor? Thor was great.

Speaking of great, this movie, oh my god. I was blown away even after having really high expectations. It was also a lot funnier than I thought it'd be.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I expected more out of it, it's not as good as all of you seem to think it was. still great, but I expected better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
I expected more out of it, it's not as good as all of you seem to think it was. still great, but I expected better.
Get out.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:34 pm

You expected the second coming of Christ captured on film?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:38 pm

sorry I didn't cream my pants for it, as I said, it was a great movie, but I didn't enjoy it any more than any other Marvel movie I've ever seen.

everyone's making a big deal out of it, and maybe it's because they've been hyped for it for so long but the sad truth is that it's not all that much better than the other ones.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:43 pm

So you say "it was great", but precede that with "I expected more?" Surely you see how self-contradictory that is?

What were you expecting, exactly? What more could have been done with it? We had a great cast, razor sharp script, great chemistry between the leads (even when they're antagonising each other), some unexpectedly very funny parts, great action scenes, a great villain, great effects, heck even the 3D was really well done... I fail to see where it didn't live up to expectations.

It showed exactly how to handle an ensemble cast.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:44 pm

It's definitely not as great as the Transformers movies.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:44 pm

That's where you're wrong though, I don't know how you can even say that. The writing is leagues ahead of the other recent marvel movies. The sort of banter we got hasn't been matched either, for example, Downey Jr. hasn't had anyone to play off like he did Evans and Ruffalo. Not to mention the action sequences were better simply because of the variety of heroes.

How exactly would you improve upon it, Psycho?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:56 pm

all I'm saying is that I didn't enjoy it more than any other Marvel movie, I think they were all enjoyable and fun to watch.. and I thought this was gonna have an edge over the other ones, cause of all the different heroes etc but it wasn't really any better.

I still loved it, but it wasn't better than any other Marvel movie which I expected it to be.. how is that self-contradictory?

also, the 3D was nothing special, I've seen way better, and the story was kinda dull, it had it's yawn moments...

maybe yall should take your fanboy glasses off and realise it's not that great of a movie.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Kaio wrote:

Indeed. It had some flare, but it's no The Room.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
all I'm saying is that I didn't enjoy it more than any other Marvel movie, I think they were all enjoyable and fun to watch.. and I thought this was gonna have an edge over the other ones, cause of all the different heroes etc but it wasn't really any better.

I still loved it, but it wasn't better than any other Marvel movie which I expected it to be.. how is that self-contradictory?

also, the 3D was nothing special, I've seen way better, and the story was kinda dull, it had it's yawn moments...

maybe yall should take your fanboy glasses off and realise it's not that great of a movie.
I really don't think the issue is that we're all fanboys, considering you're the only one on the planet who was let down by the movie. How wasn't it any better? How was the story kind of dull? If anything something was always happening, either plots were being revealed or it was action. I really think you're just talking out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:14 pm

as I said, I yawned on more than one occasion, that battle between Iron Man, Thor and Captain America was kind of meh... i mean, they throw some punches and do some stuff, and then they just stand there like 3 idiots: "are we done here yet?" and it ends...

seriously? I'm aware the battle wasn't really gonna go anywhere, but that's just one of those little moments that annoyed me..

not to mention that cage that was made to contain the Hulk, and Thor ends up flying through it like it's nothing, come on now... they could've come up with something else to how he could've survived it..
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I think you guys should ease off Psycho, as a Call of Duty fan he's not really used to enjoying quality things.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm

so when did this turn into me saying it's not a quality movie? i'm just saying it's not better than any other Marvel movie.

also, I'm not a COD fan, if I was I'd have all the games, which I don't, but whatever Razz
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm not a fanboy and I thought The Avengers was far better than the other films leading up to it. In fact, for me, the previous movies, while certainly decent(except for IM2 which was eh), always felt like they played it safe and never really struck a cord with me. They were enjoyable and had their moments, but that was it. They're just... okay films.

This film however actually did leave a great impression. When I saw it, it felt like I was watching another Spidey 2 or TDK. There was something special about it where it hit all the right notes. The character interactions were great, there were loads of fun, memorable scenes, and the action scenes were thrilling.

Hell, the only lousy aspect I can think of when it comes to this film, is Alan Silvestri's score, which was so average and not memorable at all.

Last edited by SOK on Sun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:27 pm

SOK wrote:
Kaio wrote:

Indeed. It had some flare, but it's no The Room.

I'm not kidding. Shia's parents getting stoned was edge of my seat stuff right there. Much more exciting than Thor and Iron Man beating each other up.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:39 pm

anyways, I really liked and enjoyed the previous Marvel movies, while most of you seem to think those aren't that good, so i guess that's probably why yall think Avengers is that much better and why I think it's about on the same level.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
as I said, I yawned on more than one occasion, that battle between Iron Man, Thor and Captain America was kind of meh... i mean, they throw some punches and do some stuff, and then they just stand there like 3 idiots: "are we done here yet?" and it ends...

seriously? I'm aware the battle wasn't really gonna go anywhere, but that's just one of those little moments that annoyed me..

You thought that fight was boring...? How did you get any enjoyment out of a superhero film if you didn't like that scene? Granted Cap did nothing except tank one hit, but seeing Iron Man and Thor going at it was exactly why you go and see a film like this, it was breathless and exciting with some snappy dialogue and both parties giving it their all. It was a tremendous spectacle.

It's not that we're being fanboys either - though I have put my money where my mouth is and gone to see it twice already - it's just that you've said you "loved it", "it was great", but that it still "disappointed" you. How can you have "loved it" if it managed not to live up to expectation?

Oh, and I really enjoyed almost all the previous Marvel Studios films - to say most of us think they weren't that good is clearly not true either. The weakest of the lot was Iron Man 2, but that's still a perfectly servicable film, it just utterly fails to match it's predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm

How many people are going to watch Buffy/Angel after the amazingness of The Avengers???
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm

I never said it disappointed me, I said it's not what I expected.

not what expected =/= disappointed

you can still think something is good, even though it's not what you expected out of it... I mean, I obviously can, and I doubt I'm the only one in the world.

and yeah, that's one scene that I didn't really like, it would've been better if it was a bit longer, and they didn't end it in such a stupid way..

as far as the comment on yall not loving the previous movies goes, for example you say Iron Man 2 was the weakest of the lot (and i've seen other people agree), it was on TV yesterday and I saw it again, and I think it's one of the better ones, I prefer it over Incredible Hulk and Thor but in the end, i think pretty much all the movies are on about the same level, which is being great movies that don't bore me and are enjoyable to watch.

and Avengers was just the same, which is far from bad, I just expected it to stand out from the other movies, which to me, it didn't. but seeing as I loved all the other movies and this one is on about the same level as the other ones, I can't really say I don't love this one, cause that would be contradictory wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. That said, I'd also argue a case that something not being as good as you expected it to be was the same thing as being somewhat disappointed by it.

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Avengers
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next