Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution

Go down 
+2
Neo
Superbuu3
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:13 am

I saved immediately after the final battle, so I only had to reload a few times to see all four endings.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:56 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I saved immediately after the final battle, so I only had to reload a few times to see all four endings.
Did you think the games ending seemed almost too philosophical in comparison to the actual game itself. I mean honestly i didn't think the game was being particularly deep until the last section when you talk to harrow.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Did you think the games ending seemed almost too philosophical in comparison to the actual game itself. I mean honestly i didn't think the game was being particularly deep until the last section when you talk to harrow.
It only gets 'deep' earlier on if you read all the notes and books littered around the place.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
It only gets 'deep' earlier on if you read all the notes and books littered around the place.
Yeah i guess i'll read those as i play through this time.

The main reason i didn't bother was i knew i'd have to read them all again to put things together. Hell even the opening cutscene is infinitely more interesting having known what they were talking about.

Definitely seems like a game you get a lot more out of on a second playthrough (i intend to platinum it after this completion meaning no alerts and no kills playthrough)
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:34 pm

So, Buu, how did you think it compared to Alpha Protocol?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:21 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
So, Buu, how did you think it compared to Alpha Protocol?
This is actually a pretty hard question for me to answer. Mainly because I sucked at this comparatively to Alpha protocol. Really in alpha protocol there is a choice between gun combat and stealth. Where essentially Deus Ex is a stealth game, and playing through as a run and gun the game loses a lot. I'll just compare the different aspects.

Gameworld the main plus Deus Ex gets is that you were in a living breathing world, being able to run around these was a lot of fun, it loses major points for only really having two hubs and you have to visit both twice, and the second time ou're actually more restricted then the first. I considered this a horrible game choice. Alpha protocol goes for a more classic approach removing the sandbox but allowing you to do things in certain order, and missions will impact future missions. Hands down i think alpha protocol wins on thi front.

Dialogue mechanics, Alpha protocol essentailly making people like you was the main game mechanic, this was really well done but essentially you answered more to put things to your own benefit then as you'd like to answer them, so it had its drawbacks. The game worked more on either choosing the obvious positive answer or the negative one. Deus ex you felt like you took on an opponent and defeated them in verbal combat, definitely by far the most satisfying experience.

Gameplay, stealth way better in deus ex, it wasn't just a case of wait till the guy turns around, you had to make sure you navigated places in the correct fashion and considered all routes and entry points, hacking skills and your powers all came together on how to best tackle a situation. That one laser grid section in Hengsha, just made me feel slick when i got through without activating an alarm. In Deus ex you can be up against the impossible and win. Gun combat in both was similar I guess you could say this was almost the original Deus Ex Vs the new Deus Ex. Ultimately though in alpha protocol I felt i could take on a room of armed thugs and the overpowered abilities made this a complete walk in the park, not necessarily a bad thign though. Deus Ex wins this one but only slightly as AP actually had great gameplay as well, the broken abilities kinda took away from it all though (I also probably had more fun with it personally to).

Alpha protocol you had a much bigger impact on the game world as a whole which i think is worth mentioning, me saving Farik was about thge only thin that comes to mind that had a impact on the game. I talked down David Harrow but i honestly don't get what this achieved and i didn't see an impact.

Storyline I think both had generally dull storylines, this is more because i didn't put in the additional reading that is required to fully enjoy either. That said you are way more involved in AP, as your actions hav consequences.

Bosses, probably done better in AP as i felt i had options, but and this is a big but, certain setups make you feel like you're doomed to fail in AP, but DE actually has everything you need to defeat the boss in the room. This is actually a pretty cool idea as you will always be able to progress. Or you could take 4/5 frag mines with you and blow the boss up in 3 seconds (which i did on GMDE difficulty on every boss).

Overall anyone who doesn't play either game is missing out and if you consider yourself a thinking gamer you're probably talking crap if you haven't considered playing either one of these.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:50 pm

A very fair assessment.

Technically DE is the better game, but I felt much more involved with AP. DE creates a very rich world but forgets to involve you in it - the plot weaves so much you often have no idea what is going on at any given time, whereas in AP nothing happens without it being a direct result of your actions, good or bad, even if the gameworld itself is much sparser.

The bosses in AP at least felt like they belonged, DEs just felt tacked on and out of place.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:59 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
A very fair assessment.

Technically DE is the better game, but I felt much more involved with AP. DE creates a very rich world but forgets to involve you in it - the plot weaves so much you often have no idea what is going on at any given time, whereas in AP nothing happens without it being a direct result of your actions, good or bad, even if the gameworld itself is much sparser.

The bosses in AP at least felt like they belonged, DEs just felt tacked on and out of place.
I intend to try everything out in this game like i did in AP, hopefully on a second playthrough I get more out of the game.

I think DE has a lot more to offer if you are willing to give it the intention it needs. Probably overall though i did prefer AP. I can't help but think having a better undertanding of DE1 and how the illuminati are involved in the world would've most likely helped to. I'll try and continue this thread and ad in plot ewlements and what they mean as i play through it a second time.

I mean it was obvious that Patient X was adam but even in the openin you realise how well the beginning is done to account for this.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I think DE has a lot more to offer

Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Been trying to get into Deus Ex.

I played Deus Ex a bit and some of Invisible Wars (thought it was good. Don't know why everyone hates it).

Never played DE:HR
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Been trying to get into Deus Ex.

I played Deus Ex a bit and some of Invisible Wars (thought it was good. Don't know why everyone hates it).

Never played DE:HR

Deus EX is in my top 10 games ever and I doubt it will ever lose its place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution   Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buu plays Deus Ex human revolution
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2