Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devil May Cry HD

Go down 
+6
MulderYuffie
Haseoviawesome
Ellis
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Well that just seems lazy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 am

I can't imagine they's just stretch the 4:3 frame rather than making it proper widescreen. That's even less likely than just leaving it 4:3.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am

Got this today. They changed the controls on DMC1 to fit the others... Really threw me off at first.

More to come when I get around to playing this more in depth.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Well there goes any chance of me buying this. DMC1 is the only one I liked.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:18 pm

The control scheme of the later games is better than DMC's original control scheme, I mean seriously the O button is an awful button to use for basic attacking.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

And I now remember why I hate that fucking shadow lion. ...But also remember why I used to love the first game so much. RE Style Fatalities that the later entries never used again. Nothing will ever be as jarring as suddenly being eaten alive by something that later explodes and leaves behind nothing but your goddamn sword.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:01 pm

I completely forgot dante has the force edge sword in DMC1, damn its really slow guess i was hoping it would be a similar speed to DMC4.... oh well...
... i forgot what i need to do and where to go lol
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 am

Bought this and ordered DMC4 because I've got DMC on my brain thanks DmC. Played each game for a litle bit. A quick recap of the series:

DMC1:
Good game but it really shows it's age with the controls. It was the first of it's kind so fair play, but I really don't like how the dodge works. Jump and dodge are the same button, but you only dodge when locked on, and only when you press left or right. Pressing forward or backward just makes you jump forward and backward. A fixed camera and fast fights makes dodging a real bitch. I'd rather just have a separate dodge button. Also no way to switch targets while locked on.

DMC2:
Separate dodge and jump buttons. A good decision. Every other decision was bad. Piss weak enemies (I actually died playing DMC1), terrible shooting controls that often leave me shooting at the ground instead of the target, awful camera.

DMC3:
Back to the bad DMC1 dodging system, but thankfully there's Trickster style. Otherwise it's great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 am

The first few chapters of DMC1 are a lot harder than I remember. That spider killed me a couple of times. I probably just wasn't fighting him right though. Nelo Angelo killed me once too. Got back into the swing of things after that though, up to mission 10 or something now.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Dammit ... i havent even gotten a good start yet
i never thought that the game im currently doing right now is a real... pain
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

DMC3 was awesome, despite the steep difficulty curve.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Okay, either I'm a lot worse at this game than I used to be, or I only ever played it on Easy mode. I suspect it's the latter. The 3rd Angelo battle is fucking tough.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 am

I don't think I'll ever beat Mundus in HD. I just can't adjust to the inverted flying controls for Sparda.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Beat DMC1 finally. Only took about 6 hours in total.

Playing DMC3 properly for the first time now. Dante's a bit of a prick but it's a lot of fun. Although the controls are bothering because I keep pressing L3 by accident and changing target, but I can't find a better button to change it to.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 am

Agni and Rudra were a pain in the ass until I started using Cerberus. Generally don't like flail type weapons but it helped a lot on the initial stage.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm

That crystal skull room was ridiculous. Sorting out the controls helped though. I can't help but press in the left stick a lot of the time while dodging and stuff, so having that set to change target was a huge annoyance. But every button does something so L3 has to have a function assigned to it. Ended up just sticking the camera on it.

The camera in this game is crap too. The moveable one anyway. Sometimes it's fixed and sometimes it's not, but when it's not you can only control the X axis anyway, and for some retarded reason it's inverted with no way to change it.

First Vergil fight was a lot easier than I expected. Such bullshit to win a fight that easily only to lose in the following cutscene.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Nevan killed me a bunch of time because I always waited too long before trying to dodge her spinning attack. If I wasn't so crap at that it would have been a really easy fight. Don't think I ever got hit by anything else, except for the first time she electrified the floor.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 am

Man, fuck Beowulf.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 am

Second Vergil battle was great. I am so damn thankful for this gold checkpoint system. If I had to restart the chapter every time I died it would quickly stop being fun. Plus it means I don't have to worry about buying items unless there's a particularly tough boss battle. But the checkpoint system means if I die I can just start the battle again, so I can play them over and over until I can do it without items.

On a side note, I've been watching an LP of DmC and it actually has mid-boss checkpoints.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Finished the boss rush chapter. I've been using Swordmaster for the whole game but it got maxed out a couple chapters ago so I switched to Trickster. It helped with Nevan but I had to switch back to Swordmaster for the other fights. Aerial Rave is just too useful. I was having trouble with Cerberus again using Trickster but I absolutely wrecked him with Swordmaster + Agni & Rudra.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 am

Vergil 3 was a huge bastard. Needed a couple large vital stars. Part of me wants to move on to DMC4 now, part of me wants to play Farcry3, and part of me wants to keep on playing this.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Far Cry 3 was awesome.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

I finally got round to finishing this game after 3yrs of having it. As such vergil still went bat shit crazy as i fought him on dmd.... though i had to cheat and use quicksilver Sad.

And bloody palace still gives me parinoia i guess after effing up my xbox (s) its hard to drop.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Funnily enough going to start this soon thought i'd do a let's play of 1-3.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Nice! I'll look forward too it then Smile.
Though im not sure if you intend to play DMC2, you may wanna avoid it (unless you want to use the cheats and inf devil trigger to help alleviate the pain) thats what i did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil May Cry HD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next