Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece

Go down 
+7
Skip
Kaio
Ellis
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Savage
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Kaio wrote:
Baal wrote:
And now that Logue Town is over, I am done with the entire East Blue Saga with exclusion of the Warship Island Arc which I'm debating over whether or not I want to watch because I hate filler and don't want to bother with more than like 2 episodes of it. The dubbing is great and I can not believe how much I liked the Kuro arc when I watched it again, it's so good. The Baratie Arc also seemed a bit darker than I remembered it, probably due to the whole "Dying through hunger is a horrible way to go" message it had. The Zoro and Hawkeye fight is the fight that stands out the most to me still. Arlong Arc is probably tied with Kuro for the best of the East Blue Saga because both have villains that are so despicable but Arlong is more despicable than Kuro so I'd probably put Arlong higher than Kuro in terms of the arc as a whole. Anyways, I can't wait for Baroque Works, I forgot how great this series was.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Kuro arc doesn't even come close to Arlong arc.

The story, villains, the fights, the flashback, the moments, they were all spectacular during the Arlong arc. Kuro only had the villain as its good point. For the rest it wasn't memorable at all.

I loved every moment with Usopp together with his band. They were adorable, yet strangely motivating.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 am

I didn't like the children. But then I never do. They always annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah, anime kids suck.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:19 am

I finished Little Garden and am in the middle of Hiruluk's past right now. I forget what a sad character Hiruluk is but he has so much hope that it's hard to dislike him.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 am

The ending of that flashback with Hiruluk's death and Ave Maria playing is one of the anime's best moments.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 am

Also, Julie Mayfield is amazing as Kureha.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:45 am

Yeah, it's a tough act to follow up on Nozawa, but she nailed it. Also glad they didn't go with the obvious Linda Young casting that everyone was expecting.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:52 am

Just finished Hiruluk's death and jesus... that was extremely well done. Not just from Oda's writing but from Toei's directing. Whoever came up with the idea to get the rights to Ave Maria for that scene deserves a raise if they are still working at Toei.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 am

Wapol eating himself is about one of the most disgusting things I've seen from this series.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 am

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Wapolf10

Hahaha, oh man. I'm going to have to do one for Enel's face later too, aren't I?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:55 am

Just finished Drum Island and now for Alabasta, AWWWW YEAH.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Alabasta is my favorite arc so far.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:32 pm

It's certainly got the best villain.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:40 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It's certainly got the best villain.

He's not at Skypea yet.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Crocodile and Enel are both the best villains.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Enel can suck it. Croc was a way more interesting villain.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Croc is interesting as a character and Enel is interesting as a figurehead. Both are amazing villains and the best in the series.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm

J. Michael Tatum is a big reason why Eneru is such a memorable villain.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Tatum was the perfect pick for Eneru. I liked the choice for Crocodile as well.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Kaio wrote:
J. Michael Tatum is a big reason why Eneru is such a memorable villain.

He really is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:51 pm

And then he went on to make another dub villain memorable by writing most of Freeza's dialogue.

Also most big OP villains play scrubs in DBZ. John Swasey voices Croc and Dodoria, Tatum voices Eneru and Zarbon, Jason Liebrecht plays Lucci and Jheese.

/pointless trivia
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:53 pm

And vice versa Chris Ayres voiced Freeza and friggin' Johnny.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I knew Johnny sounded familiar.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Perm

I will make this my avatar when I make it to Skypiea.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:04 pm

He's also the new Scar in FMA Brotherhood which isn't as good of a match as Dameon Clarke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next