Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece

Go down 
+7
Skip
Kaio
Ellis
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Savage
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Vic Mignogna is an amazing singer.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I like how the anime throws in a guitar riff for Zoro at the end of the first episode.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm

"Don't make me kick your ass, little girl!"
-Roronoa Zoro, Terror of the Seas
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Baal wrote:
I like how the anime throws in a guitar riff for Zoro at the end of the first episode.
That's because Zoro is the man.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh I'm not complaining, I certainly agree.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:29 pm

I keep forgetting how much the Grand Line was built up as this big thing and now it just feels like they've been on the Grand Line the entire story even though I know they haven't.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Baal wrote:
I keep forgetting how much the Grand Line was built up as this big thing and now it just feels like they've been on the Grand Line the entire story even though I know they haven't.
Well most pirates die there so it makes sense. It would've been freaking boring if they spent so much time in a weak ocean like east blue.

Although that said i do miss the flavour of the week villains popping up and getting trashed quickly. I hope we see another one of those soon.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 pm

At the time though the weak villains weren't exactly pushovers, were they? Yes, Luffy would probably OHKO them now, but at the time he did take several good hits off all of them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Did he pretty much stomp don krieg, buggy and arlong. I don't remember even thinking for a second luffy might be in trouble.

I'm pretty sure zoro would've stomped at arlong park/arabatie to if he hadn't been wrecked by mihawk. He only had trouble with the miyaban bros as they stole his swords.

Sanji on the other hand looked like he'd been beaten to a bloody pulp in both his early fights.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Luffy didn't lose a fight until Crocodile. It was refreshing to see him get his ass handed to him because he did romp through all the baddies until then.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Well most pirates die there so it makes sense. It would've been freaking boring if they spent so much time in a weak ocean like east blue.

Although that said i do miss the flavour of the week villains popping up and getting trashed quickly. I hope we see another one of those soon.

I'm not complaining about it, it just feels very weird being told how threatening it was and it's the same place they got... Chopper. I dunno, it's just how I feel.

SimianWonder wrote:
At the time though the weak villains weren't exactly pushovers, were they? Yes, Luffy would probably OHKO them now, but at the time he did take several good hits off all of them.

Oh definitely, those were some of the best villain of the week stories, I've seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Ellis wrote:
Luffy didn't lose a fight until Crocodile. It was refreshing to see him get his ass handed to him because he did romp through all the baddies until then.
Kuro actually gave him trouble and that was a Kuro who hadn't been fighting in over 2 years. The fact he ran up luffy's arm while he extended it is why he is an automatic badass.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Yea they gave him trouble but he still never actualy lost a fight.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Ellis wrote:
Yea they gave him trouble but he still never actualy lost a fight.
But Kuro is awesome. He has knife hands twice as many as freddie that makes him twice as awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

His fucking knife hands are katana. It's crazy how awesome he was but he was hindered by not being able to see shit with his speed.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Baal wrote:
His fucking knife hands are katana. It's crazy how awesome he was but he was hindered by not being able to see shit with his speed.
Honestly i'd love for him to come back and be uber powered up. He's the only one who had an excuse for not being at full power and still had crazy room for development. Hell if he moves at that speed and can see he'd be trouble for most of the crew in itself. Although he'd need a new bag of tricks to take on luffy.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Shanks can scare Sea Kings away by staring at them, what a great role model.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:19 pm

IS THERE SOMETHING FUNNY ABOUT MY NOSE?!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Did he pretty much stomp don krieg, buggy and arlong. I don't remember even thinking for a second luffy might be in trouble.

Don Krieg managed to impale Luffy with multiple stakes and ended up dragging him under the sea, where he had to have Sanji save him. Had it been a true 1v1, Luffy would've won the fight but it would have been Krieg who would have survived. Arlong did much the same,tossing Luffy into the water while Sanji and Zoro fought the minions. Again, without Nojiko, Gen and the other villagers Luffy would have died before he even fought Arlong properly. During the actual fight, they pretty much traded blows for blow, though I do recall one scene at the climax (just before Luffy stomps Arlong through five floors) where Arlong has his jaws in Luffy's neck - the previous example showing that could have proved fatal. Of course, one second later, said stompage occurs, Luffy seeming to have allowed Arlong the bite in order to land his Gomu Gomu no Axe.

Luffy was also totally outmatched against Smoker in Loguetown, only escaping because Dragon saved him - most people don't seem to count that because Smoker isn't a "villain" per se and being a Logia he does have a bit of an unfair advantage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Don Krieg managed to impale Luffy with multiple stakes and ended up dragging him under the sea, where he had to have Sanji save him. Had it been a true 1v1, Luffy would've won the fight but it would have been Krieg who would have survived. Arlong did much the same,tossing Luffy into the water while Sanji and Zoro fought the minions. Again, without Nojiko, Gen and the other villagers Luffy would have died before he even fought Arlong properly. During the actual fight, they pretty much traded blows for blow, though I do recall one scene at the climax (just before Luffy stomps Arlong through five floors) where Arlong has his jaws in Luffy's neck - the previous example showing that could have proved fatal. Of course, one second later, said stompage occurs, Luffy seeming to have allowed Arlong the bite in order to land his Gomu Gomu no Axe.

Luffy was also totally outmatched against Smoker in Loguetown, only escaping because Dragon saved him - most people don't seem to count that because Smoker isn't a "villain" per se and being a Logia he does have a bit of an unfair advantage.
Oh yeah but the instances you referred to were due to water. Kuro IMO looked like a genuine threat to luffy and that was without water. The fact Krieg used everything in the book to cheat andstill got owned made me think he had pretty pathetic fight ability. The whole reason he was considered a powerful pirate was due to his armada, even then his second in command overall seemed way tougher then him.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

It's pretty much flatly stated that Krieg's Armada and Weaponry are the reason he's threatening, not his fighting ability.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Baal wrote:
It's pretty much flatly stated that Krieg's Armada and Weaponry are the reason he's threatening, not his fighting ability.
Well yeah but i don't know when simian watched/read this. Might've been years ago.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh yeah but the instances you referred to were due to water.

Does that make them any less valid? As a fruit user, surely that's a legitimate tactic to use against Luffy?

Quote :
Kuro IMO looked like a genuine threat to luffy and that was without water. The fact Krieg used everything in the book to cheat andstill got owned made me think he had pretty pathetic fight ability. The whole reason he was considered a powerful pirate was due to his armada, even then his second in command overall seemed way tougher then him.

Kuro was dangerous, yes, largely because he was so utterly ruthless. In the end though, Luffy was the better (or fresher, your mileage may vary) fighter. Don Krieg you've already covered.

Oh, and I read it years ago, but I have watched almost the entirety of the anime within the past year.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:46 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh yeah but the instances you referred to were due to water.

Does that make them any less valid? As a fruit user, surely that's a legitimate tactic to use against Luffy?
Well there's a huge difference IMO, considering Luffy fought Kuro on his terms, seeing as he is the one who initiated the attack. Had Kuro planned the fight with Luffy at the current strength levels and lack of people around and the relatively threatening crew, the guys would've been very dead. Especially considering Kuro was meant to be a genius compared to basically anything we saw in east blue. I mean the guys name was Kuro of a million plans (or words to that effect).

I mean just picture the disaster taht would've happened if it was Kuro that attacked luffy on the arabatie, his general speed (excluding super speed) would've been a disaster in such a water rich environment.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh Buggy... you shmuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next