Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)

Go down 
+11
SSMG
Zero
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Ellis
Skip
Haseoviawesome
Kaio
Savage
A_Nonny_Moose
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:32 am

Yeah after season 6, I heard.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:06 am

I got season 1 on DVD from my sisters. The alternate scenes for Advanced Criminal Law are harsh.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:48 am

Entourage is great nothing wrong with it. I enjoyed the final seasons though you did get the feeling it needed to start getting wrapped up or it would turn end up getting Dexter'd. Can't really compare this and Entourage. Community is pretty much a straight-up comedy where as Entourage is basically drama with humorous elements/characters.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:34 am

Oh, the DVDs are slightly different cuts to the ones I have downloaded. The "British 10" line is missing.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:33 am

Is there anything like an unedited type deal with the episodes? Maybe directors cut? that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:57 am

I think I figured out why I only occassionally find Alison Brie attractive. She usually has her hair down, which hides her ears. For some reason her big sticky-out ears make her look a lot nicer.

This could be the start of a bizarre new fetish.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I think I figured out why I only occassionally find Alison Brie attractive. She usually has her hair down, which hides her ears. For some reason her big sticky-out ears make her look a lot nicer.

This could be the start of a bizarre new fetish.
Sounds like a slippery slope moose you're already into catgirls or should i say anthropomorphic felines and next thing you know:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 am

It's true though. I noticed she looked better than usual in that episode where she moved into Trobed's apartment, but I couldn't figure out why. And I was just watching the first halloween episode and thought the same thing. The one thing they have in common is the big ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:34 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I got season 1 on DVD from my sisters. The alternate scenes for Advanced Criminal Law are harsh.

elaborate?

I know in the DVD releases Chang's "Who's erratic and unstable now, Princess Gringa?" line is cut out but what else is missing/added?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:35 am

In the scenes where Pierce is trying to write the song, he's a lot meaner to Annie. He shouts and calls her stupid and everything. And instead of her cheerleading speech she gets really upset and yells at him about why he's a lonely old man.

Haven't noticed any other different lines.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 am

Watching this again, the series doesn't really hit it's stride until that episode where Annie starts dating Vaughn. That's when it found a proper identity I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:12 am

I binged through the series myself recently and with the benefit of hindsight I noted many things:

Chevy Chase nailed Pierce's character from the pilot and he's the most consistently funny character on the show.

Watching the early episodes is weird because not everyone's character is the same. It's interesting to go through and note how they're different.

(in descending order: of most different to least.)

Troy - Stereotypical stupid jock character, bullied Abed.
Abed - Had genuine mental issues rather than just being cool meta guy.
Britta - She was more self-aware, though the foolishness of her character was established by the second episode. Maybe even the pilot.
Annie - She was a lot more high strung and less friendly in the early episodes.
Jeff - Jeff used to be a lot more perfect than he is now.
Shirley - Practically stagnant.
Pierce - As noted above, Chevy got Pierce right away.

My first time through I remembered I hated Vaughn; I was a fool. Vaughn is one of the funniest guest characters because everything he does is gold. He has what is arguably the funniest line in the entire show:
Quote :
Pierce: Are you trying to Garfunkel me?
Vaughn: Maybe. Assuming to Garfunkel someone is to keep putting up with them, even though they are a fat lazy cat who hogs the spotlight and eats all of the lasagna.

With hindsight, I'd say the show finds it's feet in episode three. I'd argue episode two if it weren't for Chang's introduction which doesn't really make sense because it's supposed to be their second week in the class.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:14 pm

While the characters do change, for most of them it happens as part of the actual show. Troy especially. His change feels entirely natural. He grows because of his friendship with Abed and his relationship with the group. With Britta and Abed you can tell they change because the writers hadn't really figured them out early on.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Britta's change made her by far the least likable character. I mean the whole independent femist thing wasn't great in the beginning but now she's just a stupid stoner. She went from being sly and catching Winger in all his shit and now she is just stupid. I don't really like it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
Britta's change made her by far the least likable character.
Shirley you can't be serious.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
Britta's change made her by far the least likable character. I mean the whole independent femist thing wasn't great in the beginning but now she's just a stupid stoner. She went from being sly and catching Winger in all his shit and now she is just stupid. I don't really like it.
You're the worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 pm

The only reason people harp on about how stupid Britta is now is because Annie replaced her as the one who now calls Jeff out on stuff.

Britta's always been a straw-liberal/feminist with thin skin who did silly stuff when she gets caught up in the moment.

Baggel.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Yeah, the only negative to Britta becoming awesome is that Annie got more screentime out of it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 am

I started rewatching season 1 with some friends, and I find it funnier on the second time through.

- The pilot is hilarious, how did I think otherwise?
- Annie looks really different in the first episode, really distracting
- Britta is hot, but pathetic
- Vaughn is great
- The racial fighting with Abed's dad was funny
- Dean Pelton hasn't become annoying yet
- Troy is funny both as an asshole and as Abed's bro
- Professor Robin Hood is hot, too
- I can't wait for Magnitude
- Duncan is still good, if just a little annoying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Quote :

And as of Season Three Episode Ten he still hasn't.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Magnitude is bad. That bit where the biology teacher said everyone waas laughing at him was great.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Casa wrote:
Quote :

And as of Season Three Episode Ten he still hasn't.

Perhaps obnoxious would have been a better choice of words.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:38 am

Got season 2 and season 3 for Christmas. Only asked for season 2 but it seems my mother isn't familiar with the concept of DVD regions I now own a region 1 import of season 3 that I can't use in my DVD player. Works on the laptop though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:19 am

Nice, I got season 3 for Christmas too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 am

Wow, I never realised the dinner with Abed episode was directed by Richard Ayoade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)   Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Community (and really likes it, you should watch it too)
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next