Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Adventure

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 am

Is it worth getting and what does the DLC pack offer thinking of picking it up in the next couple of days. Is the game fast and is better then stuff like sonic heroes, I think thats the only 3d sonic i played.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 am

I think it's cool. Haven't gotten the DLC yet, though. I keep meaning to, But by the time I get what I really want (Ken's Rage DLC, etc.) I'm end up short and have to save back for another time. This last time, I left myself with $5.09, The DLC being $4.99, So I should've been a winner. Right? Fucking tax bumps it up to where I'm a quarter short. One fucking quarter. 25 Fucking Cents. Fuck you, Tax! FUCK YOU!!!

...You get to play as Metal Sonic when you get the DLC, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:59 am

What does he do different? Is there no extra levels or anything?

Also the game and DLC is on sale i think in the US store to so you might be able to afford it now.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:01 am

oh, I guess there is extra missions.

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/downloadable-sonic-adventure-goes-dx-dlc-sega-psn-xbox-live-arcade/

Quote :
If someone wants to pay an extra 400 MSP ($5), they can get the Sonic Adventure DX pack which makes their copy of Sonic Adventure more like the GameCube’s Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut. That means you get more missions and Metal Sonic.

Anyhow, Gonna check on that sale, Now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:25 am

Yeah, the DLC is basically the stuff from the gamecube/pc port. You don't get Metal Sonic right away though, you have to do all the missions and complete every level's 3 different goals and stuff. Too much work, I still haven't bothered doing that all these years in my DX copy. =P
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:26 am

Sonic Heroes was crap. SA is better.

Sonic runs fast and has 10 stages.
Tails has 5 stages. As Tails you'll have to fly through special rings and finish the stage first.
Knuckles has to find shards of the Master Emerald. He uses a radar and there are some clues too. He's got 5 stages as well.
Amy is being chased, Big fishes and Gamma shoots missiles. Their parts are somewhat shorter.

Pretty fun game and the plot isn't bad. IIRC, DX version added 60 extra missions. Some were a bit challenging.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:28 am

The first one was easy. IIRC it was just making a billboard pop up or something. I dunno, I recall doing hardly nothing for it when I was playing DX and then next to pool, there was some billboard promoting Sonic X.

Regarding the DLC, I wonder if the billboard still shows a picture of that show or if it promotes something else now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:37 am

Also, I wonder if SA2 will also be put up soon, along with the Battle extras from the gamecube version as DLC too.

I remember playing that multiplayer mode so much with my friends back in the day. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 am

SA2 better be on the way cuz it's the best 3d sonic ever made.

Dude. This game seriously is just pure fun that is the only way to describe it. Playing as sonic is crazy fast and his stages are so mush fun you will play through them all like 30 times just to rank higher on the scoreboard.

Sonic has the most levels by far too. Tails does what sonics level are (find the capsule type) but you race sonic, can fly (very fast) and are slower than sonic. Knuckles you need to digg up 3 shards of the ME in a stage. They are entertaining plus climbing allows for basically defying all physics in the level. Amy Rose can get annoying as you are alot slower and have to constantly be chased. Big's level are interesting when you cathc the hang of the fishing mechanics but get old and boring very quick (especially when trying to unlock Metal Sonic (which is Sonic CD Metal Sonic)) and Gamma is fun and is semi fast and you have to constanly shoot and bomb enemies to gain time.

There are boss fights and gimicky levels that are alot of fun like the snowboarding. Man this game is just great. It's a shame that no good Sonic games would ever come out again after the Dreamcast era.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 am

Remember theres that dream cast collection it might be on that.

alright as you like it so much i'll buy it and wreck your hi scores. Isn't less sonic in the sequel a bad thing though?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:46 am

There's a decent amount of Sonic stages in both SA1 and SA2.

Man, can't believe you've never played either. Those two games were like godly ones that everyone should've played at least once back in the day. =P

It's a pity Sega had to constantly experiment and keep changing the engines for each game after those two. What SA1 and 2 had was good! They shouldn't have kept building from the ground up crappy games for annual releases, that's why they're always so rushed and bad(not because they're 3D like fanboys deluded themselves into believing).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 pm

I didn't have a dreamcast or Gamecube always been a sony man, before that mega drive (genesis) and game gear. My bro had a GC but had something against sonic or something.

I'm not bothered by bad graphics if itds good i'll still appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:54 pm

You will. Both SA1 and SA2 were amazing.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle actually may possibly be my most played game. It really needs to come on PSN so you can enjoy it too.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeah Sonic adventures are two games no gamer should live thier lives without experiancing. It's that critical point where Sega was on top right before the dreamcast died and thier motivation died. I think thats why every Sonic game sucked after that. The death of Sega in the console wars was the death of creative Sonic.

Big, and Knuckles stages were tedious. But aside from that the game is near perfect. Chaos is an amazing villian.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Every sonic game afterwards weren't mediocre because of a lack of motivation or anything like that, they were mediocre because Sega started being greedy and wanted to churn out new Sonic games every year to make a quick buck.

Because of that each and every single one of those recent Sonic games were rushed, not to mention they constantly changed the engines they were running on and were building each game from the ground up.

Only now do they seem to be getting their act together again. Their most recent console game, Sonic Colors wound up getting a positive reception, and it's no surprise. The game got a much longer development, took everything that was good from the ps3/360 versions(which is ironic since Colors is a wii game) of Unleashed and had time to be polished.

Here's hoping Sega continues this trend, Sonic needs this.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Well I just guessed. Maybe Sonic Adventure was so great because they were making both of them for the Dreamcast, and they had to be good. But I played through Sonic the hedgehog 360 and the entire time I was playing half a game. Glitches, invisable walls, bad graphics on enemies half finished stages. With a little more polish it could have been great, and Silver was cool too.

After that I gave up.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 pm

It was simply the fact that SA1 and SA2 were more polished and both had a lengthy development, whereas games like Sonic 06 for the ps3/360 were rushed to hell(especially 06).
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm

And the sense of speed never seemed to be replicated like it was in the adventure games.

And SA 2 might have less sonic, but that is easily made up for with the inclusion of shadow. People hate on the tails/robotnik (I will never call him eggman) levels but they aren't that bad.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 pm

The Tails/PINGAS levels were sweet, just piss easy.

Ellis wrote:
And the sense of speed never seemed to be replicated like it was in the adventure games.

You should try Unleashed's day levels on the ps3/360 versions. That shit's even faster(especially when you boost, then it's like playing Sonic on 100 cups of coffee).
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:22 pm

SA2 was so great.
I liked everything about that game. I even left the console on for days to fully evolve my Chao and got all the emblems to play the 3D version of Green Hill... which sucked.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Evil chao was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 am

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND!
GOT PLACES TO GO, GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Got this and its pretty good graphics are amazing considering its lik 10 years old, looks better then all the games around its time even those a few years later.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Lets goto the mystic ruins the fastest way is by train, REALLY?

Also first robotnik was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

I find the controls fiddly, not bad per se just i'm not used to moving something as fast as sonic in 3d.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sonic Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure   Sonic Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Adventure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next