Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My take on One Piece so far

Go down 
+4
Superbuu3
Kaio
Ace
Ellis
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

My take on One Piece so far Empty
PostSubject: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 pm

I got to admit it's a lot more fun than I thought. I'm glad that even though at its core the series is very light-hearted , there are still bad-ass action sequences and people bleed when they get cut (I hate when animes don't do this). Also the use of minor swears makes the experience enjoyable as well since it adds a more "mature" tone.

Anyway I'm wathcing the Funimation dub and I just finished watching episode 44 which ends the Arlong Arc. The voices have finally stopped sounding weird and have started working really well for their character. Not a bad thing at all just took some time to get adjusted.

Zoro = Piccolo
Usopp = Krillin
Sanji = Trunks
Arlong = Mr. Satan

Anyway even though Zoro is badass as all hell, I gotta go with Usopp as my favorite character. He's one of the best comic relief characters I've ever seen in an anime. I've actually laughed out loud multiple times because of him. That doesn't generally happen when I watch anime.

And another thing I got a question on: I must have missed it or just forgotten it somehow, but why was Nami running about willey-nilley since the first episode when she was technically property of Arlong? They made it seem at first in the Arc that she could come and go as she pleased but then eventually towards the end it was made to seem as though she was stuck with Arlong forever.

Other than that though I'm pretty excited to continue the episodes since I saw in the preview that Shanks and crew will be back and Luffy has a huge ass bounty out for him now. Seems the series is getting into full swing. I'm glad to finally be watching a good anime again as just watching the new Bleach episode every week was making me hate japanimation.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Also I watched the first movie in subs. The movie itself wasn't too bad but yea it was weird after getting so used to the english voices.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Zoro is my god.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Ellis wrote:
And another thing I got a question on: I must have missed it or just forgotten it somehow, but why was Nami running about willey-nilley since the first episode when she was technically property of Arlong? They made it seem at first in the Arc that she could come and go as she pleased but then eventually towards the end it was made to seem as though she was stuck with Arlong forever.

Nami can do whatever she wants as long as she draws maps. Her main goal is to free her village though. She makes the deal that for 100 million berries she can free her village. It was a set-up though and she loses the money. The deal is then changed to the village not being massacred as long as she stays with him.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Right. I totally wasn't paying attention to when the Marine 16 captain came and took her treasure.

Also, have you guys seen this?
http://www.animecrazy.net/one-piece-defeat-him-the-pirate-ganzack-episode-1/

It's an OVA that was before the series started in Japan. It's pretty different but was still interesting. Probably old news to you guys but I ran across it and thought it was cool.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm

I couldn't get into it. Mayumi Tanaka is so iconic in the Japanese version that it's impossible to ever match her performance.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Watch the films when you feel like something different only a couple of them are actually good.

I just thought the series got better as it went along and when you start realising how interconnected the world is things are a lot better, its better to pay attention to. I watched most of the series twice so i've been able to appreciate all the subtle hints and what they actually foretold.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 pm

And you still missed a lot of subtle forshadowing because Toei was too high up their horse to animate the cover stories.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm

*Eneru is on the moon, looking at murals that describe how Shandians came to be*

* Toei is looking for filler material*

BOSS LUFFY RETURNS! RETURN TO GODAWFUL EDO ERA!

Anime fans: Skypiea was filler rofl nothing important happened in it!!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Kaio wrote:
*Eneru is on the moon, looking at murals that describe how Shandians came to be*

* Toei is looking for filler material*

BOSS LUFFY RETURNS! RETURN TO GODAWFUL EDO ERA!

Anime fans: Skypiea was filler rofl nothing important happened in it!!
Isn't it like one of the only times that Gol D. Roger actually said something directly. Aside from the fact it was awesome.

Yeah i keep thinking about looking for the cover stories to fill in the gaps, I know there was one about CP9 post Enies lobby.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Who the hell even likes Boss Luffy anyway? Whoever came up with it needs to be shot.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Skip wrote:
Who the hell even likes Boss Luffy anyway? Whoever came up with it needs to be shot.
But it reintroduces popular characters like Buggy and Foxy, I mean what isn't there to like about it?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 pm

You know what also reintroduces popular characters?

Cover stories.

All the coverstories are compiled in One Piece Green.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Kaio wrote:
You know what also reintroduces popular characters?

Cover stories.

All the coverstories are compiled in One Piece Green.
I was being sarcastic, but yeah I was reading through that forgot to finish it.

Overall I do think the one piece anime is done well as it never feels like its dragging. FMA Brotherhood IMO has set the benchmark for manga to anime translation, the pacing is stupidly fast, without feeling rushed, so seems like they stick to the point.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Brotherhood was made when the manga was finishing up, a luxury most manga to anime translations don't have.

Ippo and DBK have good pacing too.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:46 am

Hey this might sound stupid but I've been surfing around the OP wiki site lately and I came across some sort of special episode that apparently came out between episode 5 and 6. It is called, "Emergency Planning, a Perfect Strategy for the One Piece"

I guess it is something of a recap but I was wondering if you guys knew anything of it since you all seem to be encyclopedias for this series.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I guess not.

Anyway I just got through the 2 episode buggy arc and was wondering how those animals got like that. Is it ever explained?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

They are like that because OP's world is crazy.

Don't go to the wiki. It's trash and full of spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:41 pm

The second movie was pretty awesome. Took awhile but it got bad ass towards the end.

And warship Island wasn't that bad of filler. I just finished it and while it wasn't as good as the previous Arcs, (I thought Eric was kinda dumb as shit as a character) it beats the hell out other anime filler I've seen. Fucking Bounts....of course I probably hate them that much cuz that was like 50+episdoes of filler in a row. I don't mind filler if its in short little bursts.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:28 am

You'll change your mind when they bring in Boss Luffy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 am

Goat Sex was pretty awful too.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:29 am

Kaio wrote:
Goat Sex was pretty awful too.

Can I get some context on this?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:33 am

It was an arc about an old guy who lived on an island full of goats.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Goat_Island_arc
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 am

Sounds retarded.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:14 am

FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU FAKE NAMEK

WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY THE MAN BEHIND BULMA AND THE CRAP

THE PRODUCER OF STAREDOWNS AND DUST CLOUDS

NOW COMES

GOAT SECKSSSSSS

BORING YOUR FUCKING SKULL OFF SOON

My take on One Piece so far CompLogoToei

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on One Piece so far   My take on One Piece so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on One Piece so far
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next