Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Read: One Piece

Go down 
+4
Eevil-Psycho
KittensOnACloud
Little_Zhurong
Superbuu3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Let's Read: One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 pm

So what do you guys think of this? We all try and read volumes of one piece together. By that I mean I'm going to try and get a couple of people to read it.

I know Psycho and a few others wanted to start. If we all read at the same pace roughly we can discuss certain volumes and get what everyone thought about them. Dunno if thats boring or interesting we could give it a try though.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Little_Zhurong
First Mate
Little_Zhurong

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Good idea, I have never read one piece before

Last edited by Little_Zhurong on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm

You can count me in! Been itching to do this a while now!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I will warn you guys, if One Piece is as good as you all claim, once I start reading, I will most likely become obsessive. =_=

Last edited by KittensOnACloud on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

did I say I wanted to start reading it? watching the animation series sure, but I don't remember saying something about reading it..?

sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not much of a reader.. (GoT is about the only thing I read) not to mention that i'm very slow at it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
did I say I wanted to start reading it? watching the animation series sure, but I don't remember saying something about reading it..?

sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not much of a reader.. (GoT is about the only thing I read) not to mention that i'm very slow at it.

Thats not a problem, i can tell you how far we are in terms of episodes. Does that work for you?
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

You still have to read while watching the animated series as there is no English Dub for all of the one piece episodes. So you might as well read the manga. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 pm

well, i'd have to read it online then, as I have no intention on buying the manga..

guess i can give it a try, but i can't promise I'll stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
well, i'd have to read it online then, as I have no intention on buying the manga..

guess i can give it a try, but i can't promise I'll stick to it.

Like i said earlier you can just watch the anime while we're reading the manga it might even work out better for you as we'll be able to fill you in on anything you misss out on. Anythings fine its more about having people to discuss the current arcs with.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 pm

I'd be up for contributing as long as I don't have to read
Spoiler:

How would you do it though? Would you divide by volumes or chapters? Doing it by volume may not work - for instance, I read it via an app on my smartphone, so I have no idea where one volume starts and another finishes. I'd be more than happy to discuss chapter by chapter, though we'd need to be aware that a lot of the foreshadowing could lead to spoilers for those who are new to the series, ie

Spoiler:

Last edited by SimianWonder on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 pm

well, it's been a while since i watched the anime too Very Happy

think i'm at episode 24 or something, but sure.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm up for it, maybe if I'm not reading it on my own the flawed translations won't drive me as crazy.
SimianWonder wrote:
I'd be up for contributing as long as I don't have to read
Spoiler:

How would you do it though? Would you divide by volumes or chapters? Doing it by volume may not work - for instance, I read it via an app on my smartphone, so I have no idea where one volume starts and another finishes. I'd be more than happy to discuss chapter by chapter, though we'd need to be aware that a lot of the foreshadowing could lead to spoilers for those who are new to the series, ie

Spoiler:
I think the easy way to get around your issue would be to just tell you the chapter that the volume ends on.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 am

Oh yeah Simian no worries remember I know the storyline, so i can PM anyone who wants to join into discussion if they are unsure what the volume was about.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 am

I suppose.
Back to top Go down
PoweredBy42
First Mate
PoweredBy42

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

PoweredBy42 wrote:
I'm up for it.
Are you SneakySunday?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Buu, yes, it's SneakySunday.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 pm

So when do we start and how are we going to do this?

Set a time to complete volume 1 and we discuss?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm

I guess everyone should try and finish volume 1 by sunday
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:26 am

I love one piece T_T why didn't you guys tell me about it sooner!

LUFFY is soooo awesome and Zoro is a boss. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm roughly halfway through volume 34, so let me know when you guys get to that and I'll join in. I wouldn't mind getting back into reading this after having a gander at some of the more recent chapters (670ish) and seeing the increase in quality.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:32 pm

We're on volume 44, we ended up reading loads when we hit the water 7 arc.

EDIT: also trying to get up to date before i get Pirate Warriors 2 otherwise there'll be inevitable spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Ha, guess I have some catching up / skipping to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Read: One Piece   Let's Read: One Piece Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Read: One Piece
Page 1 of 1