Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DBZ games?

Go down 
+6
Neo
Superbuu3
Skip
Savage
Ace
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/10/is-namco-bandai-charging-up-for-dragon-ball-z-ultimate-butouden/

Fingers crossed for Spike and their assness not having anything to do with the development for either of them.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Just make Budokai 4 already.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Savage
Solar-Charged

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm

They already made Infinite World.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:09 am

Savage∞ wrote:
Wasn't that more just an add on as opposed to a separate game?

Like, didn't they just add a few characters and take out Dragon Rush? Personally I wouldn't count that as a new game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 am

Skip wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
Wasn't that more just an add on as opposed to a separate game?

Like, didn't they just add a few characters and take out Dragon Rush? Personally I wouldn't count that as a new game.

No. They pretty much improved the fighting system and tweaked it to be a mix of the Budokai style with Shin Budokai elements. They added some new moves, changed some fighting styles and revamped a few things. It's actually amazing how much they managed to pull out of their asses such a neat game in the same year Burst Limit was released(not to mention they were also still busy co-developing SFIV with Capcom at the time).

Sure it's not an entirely fresh product with the traditional Dimps "rebuild from scratch" treatment they do for each game, but it's definitely still a decent improvement of the Budokai series(if you can manage to deal with the unncessary fatigue system).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 am

Regardless of how crap this is you'll blatently buy it sora, you're just hpoing these guys eventually pull off another super DBZ, B3 or BT3, i guess it will happen eventually but i'm waiting a couple of years. Besides a shitload of actually good fighting games are out soon.

I do wish namco made an urban reign 2 though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 am

Ahh ok.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:53 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Regardless of how crap this is you'll blatently buy it sora, you're just hpoing these guys eventually pull off another super DBZ, B3 or BT3, i guess it will happen eventually but i'm waiting a couple of years. Besides a shitload of actually good fighting games are out soon.

I do wish namco made an urban reign 2 though.

I do not want another game like BT3 or any other shitty Spike one to be made again, but yes I do hope someday something like SDBZ2 or another Dimps game is made(which probably won't happen).

I might actually get these if they're entirely new(and decent) games though. At least they'd be refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:54 am

Honestly i'm suprised you bought RB2 considering how much you seemed to hate the first
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 am

Because the first was un-fucking-playable and unpolished as hell. That and the demo of RB2 actually gave me hopes that it was actually good since I got into the whole "follow-up" system.

Still, it ultimately isn't a great game. It's a good compared to the piece of trash from last year and thankfully online is less laggy and terrible, but it still isn't that great, and Galaxy Mode was lame.

It's time we ditch Spike and get new developers.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 am

What would you guys concider the best DB fighting system? Budokai? Super DBZ? Tenkaichi?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 am

I've always liked Budokai 3 more than any other DBZ game.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:21 am

Same.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:27 am

My favorite's the Budokai style(mainly the one B1, B2, B3 and IW use, the "light and heavy" one from the Shin Budokai games and Burst Limit is nice too though, but I prefer good ol' "punch and kick"). Infinite World made it so awesome when they allowed you to be able to use super moves in the middle of any combo you wish. It allowed a lot more cancels to be done.

Super DBZ would come second. I wish I was kick ass at that one. The combo possibilities are insane in that game, but you have to be really pro to pull those off. It's a pity people don't realize it had an interesting intricate, deep system. Most of them(the button mashers) just thought the extent of the game's depth were just 3-hit combos and super moves without actually realizing what the hell you could actually do in the game. >___________________________________________>

The Tenkaichi style was interesting at first and could've been amazing, but it was at the helm of a cheap, small company who couldn't produce anything good without building up on their trash with sequels.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Well Ultimate Butouden is just some crappy DS game and Zenkai Battle Royale will be some arcade game that we all probably won't ever get to play unless it's ported to the consoles(also, its release is on my birthday O_O)

http://db-zenkai.com/

There's the site for that one. Click on the orange box to see Zenkai's trailer. Is it just me or are the dodging and running mechanics copied straight from the Ultimate Ninja Storm games?
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Sora wrote:
Well Ultimate Butouden is just some crappy DS game and Zenkai Battle Royale will be some arcade game that we all probably won't ever get to play unless it's ported to the consoles(also, its release is on my birthday O_O)

http://db-zenkai.com/

There's the site for that one. Click on the orange box to see Zenkai's trailer. Is it just me or are the dodging and running mechanics copied straight from the Ultimate Ninja Storm games?
actually, i found the UNS movement style easier to pick up than tenkaichi's, but thats a slightly differnet matter.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 am

Some new screens of Ultimate Butouden on its site.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_dragonball_kai/game.html

New DBZ games? Vegecr10

Did Vegeta's crotch explode in that picture?
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Yes.
Yes it did.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Damn, just look at all that freedom!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:57 pm

OH shit... I'm speechless, savage contributed something for once.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 pm

12 charcaters? Shocked

Well at least they put in soundtracks from the show.

The actual gameplay is sick... You can have more than one foe, that's fucking radical
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 pm

But did you see all the freedom?

THAT HAS TO BE MOST FREEST FREEDOM EVER IN A DBZ GAME00101010110
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Well it's a trade for gameplay freedom at the cost of character selection freedom.
Don't get me wrong this gameplay is seemingly the best for any game by far.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
OH shit... I'm speechless, savage contributed something for once.

Not so much of a contribution as it is just posting an old as hell video(ignore that upload date on it, it's just another one of the countless late reuploads of an old dbz game vid). At least by the way you're all reacting, you haven't seen it yet. =P

And as I've mentioned before, that game's just some piece of crap for the arcade in Japan as well, not for consoles, so it's best not to care much about that one unless it actually gets a port like SDBZ did.

SSMG wrote:
Well it's a trade for gameplay freedom at the cost of character selection freedom.
Don't get me wrong this gameplay is seemingly the best for any game by far.

I highly doubt it'll be anywhere close to being better than the Dimps games.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:08 am

Dimps made a couple of turds before doing it right too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New DBZ games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DBZ games?   New DBZ games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DBZ games?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next