Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose plays Bayonetta

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:37 am

And why am I fighting the old bosses again anyway, besides the fact that it's staple of the action genre? I'm pretty sure I saw them all die and get dragged in to Hell.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I can tell I'm going to have to replay this a lot too. At least two more times. I want to go through on normal again finding all the Alfheim portals, since I assume that's where I'll get other record parts to unlock weapons. Haven't found a single one so far, so I've gone through the game using the basic weapons.

My A weapon set is just Scarborough Fair, and my B weapon set is the sword (can't remember the name) and Durga on the feet.

Also want to find all the witch grave as well. I got the achievement for finding half of them already, but there's still some left.

Then I think I'll have to go through it on hard to unlock the Bazillions. And then there's a weapon that only unlocks when you've beaten 100 chapters. Getting Jeanne as a playable character requires getting a platinum for every chapter, so I doubt I'll be doing that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 am

Final boss was cool. The lead up to it when you briefly play as Jeanne was the best bit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Oh that's BOLLOCKS. I finished a chapter with all golds and above but got a stone award in the end because I died 5 times on a bloody QTE. I didn't have this trouble with that QTE the first time around. Knowing what you need to press doesn't help either, since if you press it before you're supposed to you still fail.

The button starts to appear, but you have to wait for the split second after it's fully formed.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:23 am

Seems like I'm the only one who thought this game to be irritating and difficult. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Sucking at it probably. If you don't like, or can't get to grips with, the combat, I can imagine it'd be very dull.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Kaede wrote:
Seems like I'm the only one who thought this game to be irritating and difficult. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Not being lesbian enough
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Not being lesbian enough
At the moment that seems very unlikely.

SimianWonder wrote:
Sucking at it probably. If you don't like, or can't get to grips with, the combat, I can imagine it'd be very dull.

I guess. I just rush in, while I should be more passive and actually dodge with purpouse.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Not being lesbian enough
Awesome hope she's hot.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:03 pm

It's fine to rush in as long as you can plan for whichever enemies are around you. Much like DMC, you'll get a much higher score if you build up huge combos which is easier to do with as much variety in your technique as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It's fine to rush in as long as you can plan for whichever enemies are around you. Much like DMC, you'll get a much higher score if you build up huge combos which is easier to do with as much variety in your technique as possible.
Seems reasonable. My hope for now is just to die less. Hopefully playing on Hard will make me tougher.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Not being lesbian enough
Awesome hope she's hot.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm

It's that good kind of difficult though. It was clear to me that every time I fucked up it was because I just wasn't good enough. Apart from the QTEs.

Yahtzee described it pretty well. It can be difficult and you'll die a lot, but it you won't ever have a problem completing the game. It rewards you for being good at the game without punishing you too much if you suck at it. It's very generous with checkpoints, especially on bosses.

Going through again on normal I'm getting most silver awards for chapters. Get good combo and time scores, but losing points on taking damage.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Tried a couple chapters on hard. I can safely say fuck that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 pm

I have all the weapons now as well, but my set up hasn't changed much.

A set:
Hands - Scarnorough Fair, or sometimes Kusheldra (whatever the whip is called).
Feet - Durga, usually in lightning mode because it doesn't change the basic combos and it charges faster. Change to fire for fire enemies or lava areas.

B set:
Hands - Shuruba.
Feet - Odette or Kilgore. Usually Odette because I like the kick combos, but moving with them is annoying in tight spaces.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 am

The Bazillions are awesome. Charge them up and they cut through most grunts in a single hit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 am

That sounds a bit bad for building combos.

I'm currently replaying the chapters I took longest on, rushing through as fast as I can to get a total playtime of less than 3 hours for the Time Bracelet thing. Might buy the Gzae of Despair item as well, which gives the enemies more health, which means you get longer combos.

Might go through hard mode eventually, but I'll probably just use the codes to unlock the harder to get stuff.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:21 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:25 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Seriously insane deals

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13571574/Vanquish/Product.html
Fucking buy it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:30 am

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Seriously insane deals

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13571574/Vanquish/Product.html
Fucking buy it.
I want to buti just but i recently bought R2, asscreed 2, castlevania and i get FOTNS in a couplwe of days.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 am

Cut down my time to under 3 hours for the Bracelet of Time. I only really wanted it because it's it's useful for an exploit to get tons of halos. Going to go through the game again to collect everything and max out the health and magic, and then maybe do Hard mode.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:25 am

There's a way (I won't call it a glitch, because it isn't) to get millions of halos from one of the bosses, but I forget the bosses name.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 am

It's probably the same one I was thinking of. I got 6 million halos from that boss in one go. It is sort of a glitch, since it involves making use of the Kilgore oddity where it fires tons of rockets instead of just a few when you have Durga equipped to the feet on the other set.

Either way, it works. I didn't really need to do it to get the remaining stuff from the store, but using the cheats costs millions of halos, so I stocked up for when I bother to do that. Once I've collected everything, and maybe gone through Hard mode, I think I'll start playing with Jeanne.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:06 am

Replaying this on Normal, wondering how I managed not to get any gold awards. It'll be different once the real bosses show up, I guess. Are the items any good? The Moon of Mahna-Mahna and whatever.
And how do I get the weapons? Can I buy them?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 am

The rest of the LP pieces are in those treasure chest things. They're all in the first 10 chapters or so.

And I've haven't really bothered with any of the items. The one which gives you a bit of health if you taunt in battle is the only one I've used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Bayonetta   Moose plays Bayonetta - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose plays Bayonetta
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2